Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would love some input on my sway....Atomic??

Hi Everyone,

I would love to have your input on my planned sway.

I am 6 weeks out from ttc baby #2 and want to sway girl (already have an 18 month old boy). I have been on a low cal diet and exercise routine for about 4 months now to lose baby weight from my son, and have lost 20 lbs (as of today), so I think I may have inadvertently put myself in a good position for this sway (or at least I hope so). I exercise 5 days per week (usually a mix of weights and cardio, but will be focusing on cardio from now on for the sway), usually an interval run or the elliptical, although, I just started taking a spin class. For diet, I plan on keeping my "around" 1200 cal diet (sometimes it's more, I won't lie...I do ok with diet, but not wonderful...just going to give it my best shot) and maybe just making few changes based on the LE diet rules. I will be cutting out all meat other than chicken. I make a lot of chicken and I really doubt that I can go NO meat...but I will try to cut down on it.

For suppliments, I was planning on just the baby asprin and zyrtec. I saw Fiber mentioned...is that part of the sway? I have been taking a prenatal, but will just take the folic acid instead...and will stick to just the amount in the prenatal so that I can just switch to the prenatal after bfp...I really don't want to have to wean off of anything.

I have rephresh and may use it if I get some crazy high PH or something, but my PH has been on the low side of normal for the last couple months and it really hasn't lowered it much when I have tried it, so I may bypass it. If I use it, it will be 24 or more hours before our attempt.

DH won't put any effort into swaying, so he will be doing nothing more than eating what I make at home.

We are planning on making a single attempt on the night of or morning after positive OPK,

Ok....so I would love your opinions!! also, answers to a couple questions...(Atomic?)

I saw it mentioned in here that weights are bad because they raise testosterone, but then thought I saw someone say that usually only happens when you first start but stops as your body gets used to it. I am currently taking a body works class that involves 5lb or less weights once per week. Would be ok to continue that class and maybe skip the last two weeks, or would it be better to stop that class altogether? I would like to continue working out after bfp, so 6 weeks of doing nothing is not an option for me.

Also, I workout in the mornings (that is the only time I have available to do it) so I need to eat something...what would you suggest? it doesn't need to be much...but I forgot to eat one morning and was so hungry that I started getting really nauseous.

Sorry this is long. Thanks to all you lovely ladies, and especially Atomic for all of the help that she gives to everyone. Hope you all have/had your gender dreams come true!

P.S. Will post my actual sway in the sways thread after I actually do it and get a bfp.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)1200 is barest minimum and I really don't like anyone to drop that low, so please don't feel like you're eating too much???

2)yes fiber has seemed to get good results for people

3)re folic, you have to take 1200-1600. Yes, you will need to wean off after the first trimester is over. But you need to be sure you are getting enough and you will be getting less via diet and also less co-nutrients that may help with folic absorption.

4)re weights, that is one of those things where I can't really give you an answer. If you are losing weight on a lower protein diet then I think you can include weights now and then; in fact for people who are pretty fit they may actually need to include weights with cardio to get their heart rate up.

I think the results with exercise have been so good that I rarely advise anyone to do nothing for 6 weeks unless they literally have no weight to spare. At first I had no data to go off of and so since both no exercise and lots of exercise seemed to shrink muscle, I thought they both would work but it is clear we've gotten better resutls with exercise, even those who couldn't do the full 60 6-7 so I really think you should keep it in.

5)Either pure protein or pure carbs in the morning is best. Eat what you want at other meals, but when including breakfast either do just pro (does not raise BS levels) or just carb (burns off quick).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please listen to Atomic when she says don't go below 1200
    It's not safe for you or possible baby and you could very well loose your chance at ovulation! No ovulation no baby!

Trust me former yrs ago back late 09early2010 i cut way back what I ate and it took me until the End in Dec of 2010 to get a period!
    I owe Atomic a gratitude of thanks cause this year I was actually was eating less then 1200 and didn't know it!

I know it seems like a lot when your not used to
    It but you will find yourself actually getting hungry in the long run between meals cause your body will burn through it! You'll find your groove and really won't even think about it to much. And if you have a question Atomics a Gem!
    Last edited by Alicewonder; September 15th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies!!

I promise, I have no intention or desire to go below 1200 calories. I have been successful in my weight loss with that number, and with workouts, it even allows me to splurge with some of my meals or occasional dessert without worrying about it, so I am good with that number. I think if I go higher, I won't lose anymore weight because I am naturally on the thinner side...but I definitely won't go lower.

Ok, I will make sure that I am taking that much folic acid. After all, my baby-to-be is the most important thing.

Thanks Ladies. I actually have a really good feeling out our sway. Truth is, it's not all that different from what I have been doing just for weight loss over the last 4 months, so maybe that helps.

Thanks again. You girls rock!!