Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Can I get away with cereal (Bran Buds) if eaten in the p.m.?

Question regarding cereal -- is cereal itself considered so bad or is it that any eating in the morning would sway bluer (and cereal is generally equated with breakfast)?

I ask because every single day I eat a 1/3-cup serving of All Bran Bran Buds -- it's helped me a ton with irritable bowel-like issues. I could easily postpone eating it until noon or later once I'm in my pink sway (and I always have it with skim milk), but I hate the thought of going without it altogether (because of the digestion woes it prevents).

I believe Atomic has spoken very highly of fiber for pink sways and Bran Buds offers 51 percent of your recommended daily fiber. So as long as I don't eat it in the a.m. and make sure I keep my sodium and potassium counts in the right area (it has 200 and 300 mg, respectively, so I'd have to keep track), would it be such an evil? (It also has 8 g of sugar and 15% of your daily magnesium; it's 70 calories for a 1/3-cup serving.)
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know if it's the cereal or if it's breakfast itself, so for now we're going to hedge our bets and avoid them both.

The problem with cereal is that it's highly fortified. It's practically like taking a vitamin. And most cereals are chock full of sodium in addition. A lot of people (ME!!!!) tend to eat more than one serving of cereal at a sitting so it can be a source of a great deal of nutrients.

If you are very very careful to ONLY eat the 1/3 cup serving with either skim milk or rice milk, and the rest of your numbers (calories, protein, sodium) are good, then I think it's ok to eat it, esp. since you get so many benefits from it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ