Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Breastfeeding vs. clomid/fermera to help girl sway

Hi All!

I am planning my girl sway right now 3 months postpartum. I am wondering which sways girl more -breastfeeding (which I plan to do until at least 14-18 months) or clomid/fermera. I was breastfeeding for my second pregnancy 9 months postpartum (M/C) and third pregnancy at 13 months post-partum which resulted in my son.

I was prescribed fermera before I conceived my third son. I got pregnant with a bizarre second LH and temp surge the week before starting it. My doctor prescribed it to me because I had a really large follicle early in my cycle each month and wanted to give it more time to mature. I also had 3 losses and she thought fermera might help me sustain a pregnancy.

My RE is really thorough. I don't think she will prescribe fermera again unless I have another loss or am at least 6 months post period return (or longer). I am not sure I could share with her my desire to sway, I worry she would no longer take me seriously and not prescribe it in any scenario. I think she might question why I am in a rush to get pregnant again, and I don't have a very good answer to that question other than I really want to complete me family (and I don't want to wait a long time and accidently get pregnant without the sway method I've chosen in place).

So I guess my question is - should I sway hard while breastfeeding or wait longer to be prescribed fermera?

Thank you for any advice!
    2018 Sway opposite
    2020 HT baby

*2 Embryos remain

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes please don't tell your doctor about swaying. They have never heard of Femara swaying pink and haven't read the studies done on fertility meds and gender outcomes and they will not take you seriously.

They would not ever give you Femara so soon postpartum anyway. And Femara, unlike Clomid, has not been adequately investigated for safety while breastfeeding so most docs would not prescribe it to a nursing mom (even though I think it's safe and wold personally take it, doctors won't do that without having the studies in place)

Femara is definitely a better sway than breastfeeding at least according to our results. Now, our data may very well be misleading (after all very few people even TRY to conceive while breastfeeding, even less are able to, and that very likely skews the results, not to mention that most of the people on this site already have several boys and may be more "set" for blue to start with) and since I do believe that biologically, breastfeeding and close child spacing should sway strongly pink no matter what our results tell us, it is a viable strategy to plan to skip the Femara and TTC sooner if tha'ts what works out for your family. But just that I don't have the data I would need to demonstrate how much those things sway to compare them to the Femara.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Noemi2017 liked this post