Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Frequent bedding

I'm a bit confused about frequent bedding, I planned on doing this as i want to get pregnant as quickly as possible and don't think I'll be able to keep up the diet for long. My question is, should you do it protected until your cut off day in case you get pregnant on say 4/5 days before o (I saw this n another website) or unprotected from end of af?

Thanks!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering that too.
    2006 2007 2009 due May 2012
    BFP at 11 dpo.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont know if this is the right answer but i did unprotected as i wanted to make sure i had a few spermies in there as wasnt getting pregnant with abstaining, hope this is right lol
    xx
    2003 2007 TTC BFP 9 dpo EDD 28th december 2011 for a healthy baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are different types of this but mostly it is whatever you can handle. Some go protected but most don't... if the life of sperm theory is right then girl sperm live longer then boy sperm.

This is what I a planning... I have decided to do abstain from a few days before AF until cycle day 9 (about 11+days)and then do freq BD until day 4. If I don't get preg after 2 cycles I will try a 3 day cut off.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't decided whether to have one attempt or more yet but I'll be doing protected until I'm safely in girl zone! I also don't want to actually DTD too many days because I don't want too many swimmers in there and I don't want my testosterone to rise (so will be asking DH to go solo mostly!). Of course, if it takes me months to get pregnant and I'm completely fed up of the whole thing I may back track!

Kelly x

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls, I thinki want to go with the option that gets me pregnant as I don't think I'm that patient!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to think I would try to target the "girl zone" but the more I read, the less I think it matters. What is the "girl zone" anyway? O+12, 3 day cutoff, who knows for sure? There are people who swear by pretty much every timing out there. It just started to stress me out too much and I felt jaded everytime I'd read about a different "girl zone" timing that is "probably" the best. A month or so ago, I just decided to throw up my hands and let things happen as they do. Like you, Swish, I'm also hoping to get a BFP as soon as possible so I think we'll do the unprotected route and hope the diet changes, lube, etc. pay off.
    Last edited by Out of the Blue; May 26th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UmaJain View Post
    I used to think I would try to target the "girl zone" but the more I read, the less I think it matters. What is the "girl zone" anyway? O+12, 3 day cutoff, who knows for sure? There are people who swear by pretty much every timing out there. It just started to stress me out too much and I felt jaded everytime I'd read about a different "girl zone" timing that is "probably" the best. A month or so ago, I just decided to throw up my hands and let things happen as they do. Like you, Swish, I'm also hoping to get a BFP as soon as possible so I think we'll do the unprotected route and hope the diet changes, lube, etc. pay off.
    ^ ditto I plan on frequent BD through O with sylk and replens. I DTD once on O day with all 3 of my boys....so I'm mixing it up this time.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you know, the closer I get to our attempt, the more I'm starting to think along these same lines - I really, really don't want to be doing crazy diet and exercise and taking (very expensive!) supplements for too long, but at the same time I conceived all my DS's on the day of O or by DTD the day before O. I just feel like I should make sure I do something different, even though it probably doesn't matter iykwim?

This will be my first time ever using OPKs and I'm hoping I'll start off with some 'almost' positives and that those almost positives will help with timing but I don't know until I've used them! I also have a Clearblue Digital Ovulation Monitor - are these more sensitive than others or just more expensive?! Will it show me something different do you think? Whilst I don't want to get hung up on timing or stressed by it, I would like something quite simple to guide me so I stop a little bit before I O ....

You see, I really can't make my mind up lol!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zanacal, I've found my opk have a faint line 2 pr 3 days before o so that is going to dictate my cut off, hopefully that will happen with you as it makes it all sooo much easier!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast