Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My sway - all advice welcome!

Hi All

I'm hoping to ttc in July so am starting the diet etc. at the start of June - Mirena comes out on Wednesday! Here's what I'm thinking. Any help or advice gratefully received

Diet - Atomic's low everything diet. No breakfast. Low blood sugar levels especially around ovulation and during the 2WW.

Exercise - At least 60 minutes 6 days a week. I've bought the most exhausting looking exercise DVDs I could find and I hope they'll be challenging enough!

Supplements -
    Me: Calcium Citrate 800mg, Magnesium Citrate 300mg, Vitex 1000mg (AF-O), Chitosan (2 tablets after meals), Folic Acid 400mg, Aspirin 75mg (only around week of attempt/O as breastfeeding). Antihistimines for around 5 days around O.

Re the aspirin and anti-h - I was thinking of taking these after I've fed my toddler at around 7pm as our attempts will all be in the evening and I can make sure he doesn't feed again for around 24 hours. Would that be right? Should I take another anti-h in the morning (so 2 a day)?

DH: I haven't approached him about this yet but I'm thinking Calcium and Magnesium for sure. I'm not keen on asking him to take aspirin every day - would it be best to ask him to take cranberry long-term (do nutrients matter for the man?) or to do the same as me and take some aspirin around our attempt?

Potions and gels! - An applicator of RepHresh every 3 days leading up to our attempt. My thoughts at the moment are that I'll use just a squeeze on the morning of each attempt, followed by a finger tip shortly after DTD. I have some Aci-jel and am wondering about using a finger tip full 1 hour before DTD in addition to the RepHresh. I'm not planning on actually checking my pH around each attempt as I'm hoping the extreme diet and exercise will do the job anyhow - and the creams are just a back up!

How and when - I'm going to ask DH to release each day from the beginning of my cycle then when AF is over we'll switch to BDing with a spermicide condom for 3 or 4 days. After this we'll DTD every night (with DH taking a hot bath first) and using the gels/antihistimines etc. until I get a positive OPK.

I think that's it - I'm going with the theory that diet and exercise (for me) and lowering of sperm count (for DH) are the most important things and that those things are the aspects we can achieve the easiest (though the diet and exercise are so 'not' me that they won't be easy at all!). The gels and antihistimines are our back-up and the timing matters least so I'll try not to care too much about that! I don't want to take too many pills but I'm going to hedge my bets and take calcium and magnesium and I hope the Vitex will spice up my historically very regular cycles so my body is working differently to how it's worked in the past.

One more thing, I've started to take my temps each morning and I'm wondering if I even need to. I've never done it before and I don't want to spend hours pouring over graphs! I'll use OPKs to monitor when I ovulate and I get very strong ovulation pains which will give me some idea - and if timing doesn't matter much anyway ...

Thank you!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great, zanacal! Pretty similar to my sway. I'm charting temps but only because I like to know exactly when I've o'ed so I know I'm in the tww! I'm also getting dh to take liquorice root but not other supps. Will definately be following your journey!!! Good luck!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Swish - you too!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is chitosan? What does it do?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks jjc, I don't know where I got that from as I haven't read the instructions yet!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Where can you get it from? Did you order it online? Does it have any nasty side effects? Sorry, lots of questions, am just worrying about all the weird and wonderful things I'm putting in my body!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's recommended on the Low Everything Diet thread. I got mine from www.chemistdirect.co.uk - also got my RepHresh from here. I haven't started taking them yet so can't comment on nasty side effects. The description says this;

Chitosan is an indigestable, fibre-like substance, extracted from marine shells, such as crabs and shrimps.

Sounds lovely eh?!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yum, yum!! Will order some, just one more pill to rattle around in my tummy!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see someone's ttc girl plan. It looks good and similar to what I will do. I am also going to take saw palmetto and drink peppermint tea to lower testosterone. I will make dh take licorice root but he hates pills so I don't think he will take pills and be happy about it!

For the low everything diet I can find various threads with information about this diet. But is there a thread with the diet in full and also recommended supplements all in one place? I think I have it worked out but I want to make sure. Is this atomics 'low everything diet"

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-for-TTC-Pink

I think the dream member section has a sample of the low everything diet?? is this correct??

Thanks heaps

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I am far to lazy to exercise. Is it true that you can either do heaps of exercise or none at all to sway girl? I have also been thinking about using both RepHresh and aci-jel together so I will be really interested to see how this goes for you when you sway. good luck

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast