Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi MrsM!!,

I've been on the LE diet for nearly 3 weeks now and it's going Ok. I've lost nearly 5Lbs
    I'm delaying breakfast until about 11am, not had any meat, fish or eggs and staying within the limits.
    I feel like I'm just eating rubbish though, white bread, pittas, wraps, quorn stuff and eating cakes and biscuits to up my cals!!.
    I'm trying to be good eating my fruit and veggies, but not had any all weekend, that's why I feel like I'm just eating rubbish!!.
    I miss my cereal in the morning and Tuna sandwiches and just miss eating 'normal' and snacking!!. I hope I don't have to be on this LE diet for long because already I'm sick of watching and counting everything I put in my gob!! :0
    Sounds like you're doing great skipping the breakfast, I wouldn't worry about having 'normal days' they say you can have them!!
    Our first attempt is in about 3 weeks aaarrrggghhh!!!!.
    Are you still going for your first attempt in Jan?. xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Think so, keep wavering though. I plan to go full on veggie in Jan and be superstrict so I know I should wait as ill be naughty over Xmas I just know it. Love pate too much!!

Going to exercise in Jan too. Well done on the 3 weeks mark x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ladies, I posted a few of my dinners in another tread, I will post them again here in case you missed them:

Dinner 1:
    Sweet Potatoes
    Spinach Mornay: Ocado: Spinach Mornay Waitrose (Product Information)
    Corn on the cob
    Bit of garlic infused olive oil for the roasting tin
    Roast mushrooms
    That comes in at c500 cals, 16g fat, 8g protein

Dinner 2: Stuffed peppers
    one whole red pepper each (or any colour pepper)
    1/2 pack of vegetable layer each: Ocado: Layered Vegetables Waitrose (Product Information)
    1/2 pack of garlic cous cous: Ocado: Garlic & Coriander Couscous Waitrose (Product Information)
    Corn on the cob on the side
    Maybe some roast mushrooms
    That comes in at approx 460 cal, 10g fat, 10g protein
    Of course, use whatever cous cous or veg you like!

Dinner 3:
    Brie & Tomato tartlet: Ocado: Slow Roasted Tomato & Brie Tartlets Waitrose (Product Information)
    Boiled new potatoes
    Lurpak butter/whatever butter you want on the potatoes
    Any veg you want on the side
    Thats (not counting any veg) approx 575 cals, 30g fat (20g if you dont have butter on your potatoes) and 12g protein

I have to go now as I have a meeting, I really hoped to post all my lunches as well but I am not sure when I will next have the time. Today for lunch is one I have already posted on this thread, sweet potatoes, slim pasta, heaps of veg.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK some lunches i have been enjoying:

Lunch 1:
    Rainbow salad:Ocado: Rainbow Salad Bowl Waitrose (Product Information)
    Pretzel baton (this is like a baguette but tastes like a pretzel - AMAZING)
    Creme de brie for the baton (this is wonderful stuff): Ocado: President Creme de Brie (Product Information)
    Some pre-prepared grilled veggies (any you like) for the sandwich
    Chilli beetroot side salad: Ocado: Chilli Beetroot Side Salad Waitrose (Product Information)
    Thats approx 700cal, 18g protein, 22g fat

Of course you could just have the sandwich and no salads but I need to fill up on something and I do a lot of exercise.

Lunch 2:
    Rainbow salad as above
    Some chilli dressing if you like: Ocado: Wagamama Chilli, Coriander & Ginger Dressing (Product Information)
    Waitrose do a cous cous with veggies but I can't find a link for it
    Some pre-prepared grilled veggies from home
    Thats approx 500cals, 8g fat, 10g protein

Lunch 3:
    A pretzel
    An avocado
    A rainbow salad as above
    Wagamama dressing as above
    Quinoa salad: Ocado: Quinoa & Sugar Snap Pea Salad Waitrose (Product Information)
    Thats approx 770cals, 30g fat, 17g protein
    (so for a day when you need to get some fat)

I can hear DS waking from his nap so have to go. I hope this helps someone. Sorry it is waitrose centric, but that is the shop near work, and you get the idea. I fill up on a lot of salads and veg because they are mainly free.

I am doing 50-60g protein, 30% fat for maximum calories because I do a lot of exercise, so if it seems like a lot, thats why. I also believe in doing the diet at the maximum as it leaves something to play with later. Plus I am much less miserable than if I was being more restrictive.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today is the first day i have eaten rice since starting the diet. This is my lunch:
    Tilda Curry rice - 1 whole pack: Ocado: Tilda Curry Limited Edition (Product Information)
    1 small white onion
    1 courgette
    some babycorn
    some mushrooms
    some asparagus.
    i cooked the veggies in the smallest amount of chilli infused olive oil last night and added the pack of rice plus some chilli flakes. Just heated it up in the microwave at work and its rather yum. Obviously use whatever veg you want/have at home.
    Approx nutritionals: cals: 430, fat 13g, protein 6g.
    I needed to have something with low values because we went out for a team breakfast this morning and I had eggs florentine with hollandaise sauce (which according to myfitnesspal is approx 38g fat and 30g protein!
    Tonight i am having the sweet potato/spinach mornay meal i listed earlier so for the day i will be on 1855 cals, 68g fat (33%) and 43g protein. i have a cold so have had a couple of teaspoons of manuka honey (and realised what a great source of empty cals!!). I may also have a can of pret sparkling ginger beer and some raspberries when I have finished eating this rice.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM17 View Post
    Think so, keep wavering though. I plan to go full on veggie in Jan and be superstrict so I know I should wait as ill be naughty over Xmas I just know it. Love pate too much!!

Going to exercise in Jan too. Well done on the 3 weeks mark x
    As a vegetarian I always used to prefer only vegetables, fruits, shakes etc and to be honest sometimes I used to try for eggs(For protein) also but only when I used have a heavy workouts and that's what my LE diet is

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Todays lunch:
    Rainbow salad
    pack of sweetfire beetroot: Ocado: Sweetfire Beetroot Wedges Waitrose (Product Information)
    Roast butternut squash, beetroot and pomegranate salad from waitrose
    This comes in at 412 cals, 5g protein, 9g fat.

I will be having some low fat yoghurt and fruit for breakfast as usual and i had a cup of coffee before gym this morning. so 330 cals, 4g fat, 8g protein.

Dinner today will be:
    A seabass fillet cooked with a small amount of garlic infused olive oil and rosemary
    Chunky chips: Ocado: Chunky Chips Waitrose (Product Information)
    Red cabbage: Ocado: Red Cabbage Waitrose (Product Information)
    Bit of hellmans light mayo
    This is approx 740 cals, 29g fat, 25g protein
    (I will also have a magnum ice cream for dessert which is 220 cals, 15g fat, 3g protein and will share a bottle of wine with DH so thats 250-300 cals each)

Just to be open on the full day, I will more than likely have an afternoon snack as I usually do (I cannot let this go) and will probably have a graze chocolate orange and pep tea. 181 cals, 7g fat, 2g protein.

So I will be over on cals today but within totals for fat and protein and to be honest that is fine by me. I am not concerned about calories because I burn so much in the gym. Today i burned 811 calories so consuming 2300 calories on a friday night really does not bother me but just pointing out in case anyone wonders why I am happy with the above meals in fact I am very happy to be eating fish as I do really miss having the amount of fish i used to.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Changed my mind on the snack, i am going to have a bag of propercorn instead: Ocado: Propercorn Popcorn Lightly sea salted (Product Information)

(probably not for those counting sodium)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies I have totally fallen off the wagon. Been eating for England! Resided to the fact it'll be Jan before I get back onto le. I am so confused at what to do as i keep wondering if im ready for another. What are yiud age gaps? X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi MrsM, it's so hard at Christmas isn't it, so much nice food around! And when you meet up with people and go to their houses, food is always involved, especially at this time of year. I can't comment on age gaps as I only have 1 and by the time we start in Jan/feb, he will already be 17 months old.

I would say, don't give up but do your best with the diet over this season and then take a view. If you give up totally it will be harder to start all over again. It would be for me anyway.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast