Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please reassure me - right vs left ovary

It doesn't matter which ovary releases the egg right?! An egg from the right can implant on the left (ramzi method), yes? I just read a study that claims more pregnancies occur from a right ovary egg and I'm hoping/assuming that it could result in either gender/sex.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It may matter (right ovulations may make slightly more boys, left may make slightly more girls) but there are still tons of opposites and PLEASE do not stress about this whatsoever.

And if you are stressing about it because you felt pains on one side or the other, this does not mean anything whatsoever. You can feel ovulation pains and cramping in early pg anywhere and it does not indicate anything about what side you ovulated from or where baby implants.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two boys. Eldest came from the left and youngest from the right- confirmed by ultrasound (the corpus luteum cyst). My eldest implanted on the left and my youngest on the right. I personally don't put too much thought into Ramzi.
    B married to T

Mommy to (2011) (2013) (2014) ...They are my world!!

Thank you GOD, Atomic, and everyone here at Gender Dreaming for blessing my family with a HEALTHY BABY GIRL<33

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for replying. Nothing I can do now but I'm worried. Got 'pregnant' on my digi hpt this morning at 12dpo. Now I'm rethinking and obsessing about the attempt and pains I thought i felt on my right when I likely ovulated (other months on my left side). Guess I'll see if I can in 6 wks at my first ultrasound.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I promise you that pains do not indicate the side you ovulated on!!! Really really.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really! one more thing to worry about I ovulated from left ovary this month (shown on U/s) but didn't try as I started stressing about other sway factors - was going to attempt next month but does that mean I will ovulate from right? (does it alternmate each month)? I am driving myself crazy with all this. I have clomid at home which I have read so much about swaying a girl but I don't really want to take it. I was given FAlse unicorn root to take instead by a hormone doc who said it has similar follicle stimulating effect - have you heard of this?

So confused

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It may matter (right ovulations may make slightly more boys, left may make slightly more girls) but there are still tons of opposites and PLEASE do not stress about this whatsoever.

And if you are stressing about it because you felt pains on one side or the other, this does not mean anything whatsoever. You can feel ovulation pains and cramping in early pg anywhere and it does not indicate anything about what side you ovulated from or where baby implants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated from the left and implanted on the left, verified by u/s and I had a boy, I wouldn't worry too much about this

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never heard about this L/R correlation! However, my father who is a retired OBGYN has observed that many women, probably 60% or so, ovulate primarily from one ovary. But even women who ovulate nearly always from one, can and do still ovulate from the other one on occasion. Of course plenty of women alternate ovaries for the most part, but not in a perfect pattern, I.e. you can't predict which side you'll ovulate from if you alternate.

In my case, all six of my pregnancies I Oed on the right, and to my knowledge I've only Oed on the left 3 times, starting last year. The first time I observed a left ovulation was during my 6th pg, my only twins (left egg was girl, right was boy). These were all u/s confirmed except for pg #3.

I'm going to have to disagree about O pains not being indicative of actual O, but I'll do so in that thread where it belongs...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for info on ovaries, very helpful.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the O pains, because even if there are a few people who can use O pains to pinpoint ovulation precisely, the 99.99% of other people out there cannot and it causes them nothign but frustration and trouble. So if you are in the minority that can use O pains, I believe you and that's great, but please no one else rely on them because for most people they don't mean a darn thing.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wish I could ask my dad about swaying or any significant sex ratio trends he noticed during his career, but he has Alzheimer's quite badly now and I rarely talk to him anymore. My mom is also a pregnancy expert, with a focus on prenatal exercise and diet, so I bet she has some interesting observations. Unfortunately I no longer keep in touch with her because we don't get along. I'm considering reading through her books to see if she discusses sex selection, though, because it seems very much like a topic she would be interested in. Such a shame I can't pick both their brains anymore!

Re: O pain, I agree that not every woman, probably not even most women, can reliably predict O based on pain. But I do know that it is possible for some women. I wonder if my freakish innervation (I have 3x the 'normal' number of nerves in my peripheral nervous system) explains why I'm so sensitive. Maybe that's common in hyper-sensitive women? Of course, most people don't know if they are under- or over-innervated, but it frequently (though not always) correlates with sensitivity to pain. I wonder if women who experience O pain typically have painful menstrual cramps? If so, I suspect some degree of hyper-innervation.

Oh, how I wish more research was put into women's health issues!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast