Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfast: coffee, peppermint tea
    Lunch: 1 unsalted rice cake with an extremely thin layer of low fat peanut butter on top (I think it was maybe 1/2 teaspoon, so the sodium was very low - it definitely made the rice cake seem more substantial!), Yop yogurt drink, CL
    Snack: 2 caramel corn rice cakes, peppermint tea
    Supper: 1 cup orzo pasta with a simple sauce made from a few no-salt-added canned tomatoes, fennel, oregano and a bit of balsamic vinegar + parmesan, a slice of homemade no-salt bread with unsalted butter
    Snack: raspberries, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich (these are the low fat ice cream treats Atomic is always talking about. I'm pre-mentrual, and I NEEDED some chocolate - I've gotta say, these fit the bill without being too big a cheat)

Calories: 1,129
    Fat: 23.9g (no idea if this is good or not)
    Sodium: 505.5g
    Protein: 38.5g
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here we go again....
    Breakfast peppermint tea
    Lunch usual!!!
    Dinner pasta with courgette, lemon, butter, Parmesan and basil - yum! Strawberries
    Oh and a small piece of onion foccacia!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dinner sounds yum swish! I can't get by without a 3rd meal/snack - no idea how you do it! Here's me:

Skimmed milk for coffees
    Lunch - same as yesterday
    Snack - 4 Ryvita Crackerbread with unsalted butter and sugar free jam
    Dinner - Bagel with reduced fat houmous, strawberries and meringue nest, glass of skimmed milk

1130 cals, 38.5g protein, 1095mg sodium

Too much sodium again today. I've discovered that it's easy to stick to protein limits if I go for bread or bread products at each meal (makes a change from pasta too!) but sodium then becomes too much. Might have to start baking!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    zanacal - I've been making the bread recipes from Tamara's girl cookbook (available free on IG) and my whole family likes them! The first loaf I made wasn't very successful - it was just flour, water and yeast YUCK! But her "Country Bread" recipe turned out quite yummy - I think it's the addition of a touch of sugar and an egg. I make it in my bread machine, so it's simple to do. The only thing I omit is the ascorbic acid, simply because I have no idea where to find it.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it last well Mochagirl?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine's never around long enough for me to find out! I store it in a ziploc bag, and the few times there's still been some after 3 days, it's still been tasty. It has enough taste to it that sometimes I even eat it plain with no butter.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I might try that, sounds good! I'm a regular bread maker now, can't wait until I can make something tasty like a granary loaf! Any idea on protein, calories in the bread, mocha?

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zanacal, were you finding the pasta tipped you over for protein? I assumed I'd be fine as I'm only having 1 yogurt a day. How much protein does pasta have?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tamara only lists the sodium content of the bread, which is 16mg per slice, but I used a very similar recipe in a bread machine cookbook I have to figure out the rest: 3g of protein and 98 calories.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, here we go again:

Breakfast: peppermint tea, cappuccino (a friend was visiting)
    Lunch: a warm layered salad brought over by a friend: roasted sweet potato ****s topped with fresh baby spinach and crumbled goat cheese, with balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. It was sooooo yummy and sooooo satisfying, yet well within my sodium and protein limits. I also had a glass of skim milk.
    Snack: slice of watermelon
    Supper: grilled 4oz chicken breast on salt-free bread with a slice of swiss cheese and 1 TBSP mayo. Also a bit of asparagus and cucumber on the side. Fruit salad (made by my kids) for dessert.
    Snack: raspberries and a cinnamon bun My friend brought them over this morning, and they've been taunting me all day. My calories were so low today that I thought I'd take a plunge and have one.

Calories: 1,043 (even with the 230 calorie cinnamon bun!)
    Protein: 55.3g (I only ate half a chicken breast thinking that would be ok, but that + the cappuccino + a cup of milk tipped me over the edge for today).
    Sodium: 753.9mg

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast