Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Problem with frequent bedding

Hi! I was planning on dtd every day from af until a positive opk BUT dh is away for 2 nights on about cd 14 and 15, I usually o about cd 21. Does this matter? Should:
    1 we dtd the morning before he goes and on cd 15 he releases whilst away (tmi). Does this matter if we miss one day in me?
    2. We dtd using a condom until one attempt on day of pos opk? I'm worries this has really no chance of pregnancy and the one off attempt may be a one day cut off.
    3. We do the above but abstain
    4. Leave this cycle and try next - do not really want to do this because of horrible diet!!!!!
    Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Swish - can he not just do it himself while he's away? That's 6 and 7 days before you O so you wouldn't have got pregnant then anyway.

I think I'm going to have DH do it himself until AF is finished, then use a spermicidal condom for 3 or 4 days then start doing it for real every day until I get a positive OPK. I think this will mean we do it 'for real' from around 4 days before O and stop some time (!) just before.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow - you have long cycles, Swish! I O on CD12, which means I only have about 4-5 days between af and O. I think with your timing you'll be fine if he just releases on his own while he's away. In fact, and I could be completely wrong on this, but on IG I think I've read several times that dtd when it's not an actual attempt can raise testosterone unnecessarily - if that's the case (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), you might be best to hold off dtd until closer to your O date anyway.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you girls!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Wow - you have long cycles, Swish! I O on CD12, which means I only have about 4-5 days between af and O. I think with your timing you'll be fine if he just releases on his own while he's away. In fact, and I could be completely wrong on this, but on IG I think I've read several times that dtd when it's not an actual attempt can raise testosterone unnecessarily - if that's the case (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), you might be best to hold off dtd until closer to your O date anyway.
    I believe this to be the case too. In the end, I decided to actually DTD more because I want to get pregnant and we're doing so many things to lower the chances of a pregnancy (with antihistimines, gels, lowering sperm count) that I want to up the chances. I decided to use a spermicidal condom for a few days too because it may leave behind a little spermicide which may sway pink too (lots of *mays*!).
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, zana - I plan to BD as much as possible, but since I have so few days between af and O, we're probably going to start dtd immediately and continue until I get a +OPK - it will only be 4-5 days anyway. I'm getting older, and I definitely want to get pregnant this month!! I just meant that if I had a long break between af and O like swish does, I might wait to start to actually dtd until closer to O since there's no way she could get pregnant anyway so far away from O. Does that make sense?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checked back through my charts and actually this month I o on cycle day 18, probably different from other months because of vitex??? So now I really am confused as to what to do!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's one of the reasons I've avoided Vitex - I'm worried it will change my cycle and I won't know when to expect O! If you're really going to O on CD 18, I say dtd a couple of nights before he leaves, have him release the 2 nights he's away, then continue dtd when he gets back until your cut-off (you said you're going to stop at a +OPK, right?)

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mocha girl, yes, definately going to at positive opk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast