Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does weight loss in and of itself sway a lot?

So I know the whole le diet theory helps with weight loss and reduces high glucose levels. However I'm not really following a diet. I always have been a portion controlled type person when it comes to eating. Sometimes a meal skipper. Depends on my mood. Since July I've lost almost 10 pounds. I do fluctuate more right around my period and am always hungry after ovulation. So this is my question. Being I lost some weight and the last 2 pounds of my total 10 recently came off, im finding I am able to lose weight eating a bagel with cream cheese in the morning at 10ish with a decaf coffee with ghe coffeemate french vanilla regular creamer and salad slice of pizza for lunch and at night ill either eat peanut butter on whole grain ritz crackers or a slice of regular pizza or at times a cookies and cream pop tart. I know terrible lifestyle! Lol. Heck I hate to say it but I'm even snacking at times in between lunch and dinner on chocolates. I have a weakness. Sometimes it's a rice Krispy treat. So by no means do I think I'm following the diet properly. However bc I've been dropping weight, is that a good sign for a girl sway or must I be eating lower sugar lower fat foods? Typically in the past I'm one of those people who can eat junk and empty calories and either maintain my weight or lose weight. Don't get me wrong there have been times where I've gained but usually within 6 mos or a year I lose the weight once I catch a stomach bug or suffer with an illness along those lines. It's like it shocks my body and gives me a jump start with weight loss. So by eating junk and empty calories is this any help at all with getting a girl? I know when I got my boy I was fluctuating by 2 pounds each month and I was st the higher end weight at that time and was dining out every night bc I had no responsibility at that time. I know there's no magic bullet for a girl but just wondering of any if this is against me or helps me. I've done weight watchers in the past and I think this is why I typically portion control myself it just stop eating so I don't get to the point of full feeling. I'm not a real skinny girl. I'm about 5 foot 4 and just hit 125 pounds which I'm thrilled bc I haven't been this thin in 6 years. I'd say I'm of average weight so not sure if you think I should lose more weight if this will benefit trying for a girl.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your diet sounds relatively on-target, certainly closer to LE than HE if your portions are small as you say. You say you snack on chocolate or rice krispie treats, but how much of those do you eat at a time? Do you have these splurges/snacks every day? Rice krispie treats can be pretty low cal and low nutrient, and 1-2 squares of chocolate (as long as it's not dark!) isn't much either. It's not all the types of foods you eat that matter, so much as the total proportions of carbs to fat and protein. Have you used any food diary calculators to figure out exactly how many calories you eat and how many g of fat/protein/carbs?

I don't think weight loss alone necessarily sways, because someone eating low carb and exercising moderately could be losing weight, yet that lifestyle seems to strongly sway blue. But 10 lbs at your size is a fair deal of weight loss IMO, and it seems like MANY of the all girl moms ate junk/empty calories to get their girls.

It could be useful if girl swayers made note of the total % of original body weight they lost prior to BFP, that way we might be able to determine an ideal weight loss range swayers should target, if one exists.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your response. When I have chocolate it's not like an entire candy bar or anything. It's like a few Hershey kisses or maybe a few miniature Hershey's candies and it usually while at work three days per week between lunch and dinner. These days though ppl r sending Godiva truffles etc. maybe I will have two at a time instead of the Hershey's chocolates. A day at home for me is a little different. Like today I had a cup of decaf coffee, 3 baked cookies (thabk god they are gone now!) lol, then I had a few ritz crackers maybe 2 with peanut butter and the rest plain. I waited until 10 am to have all if this. Then at about 200pm I had 3 Oreo cookies, and one rice Krispy treat. And drank water for the rest of the day. Not sure what we will have tonight. Thinking pizza but I could always get my salad slice rather than a regular slice. I know my eating habits are terrible. I've been this way most of my life when I tend to lose weight. At other times I've over eaten to the point I've put on weight but it was def more food involved.

I was hoping weight loss in itself helps. I don't work out and don't plan too. Lol

Oh and I do have a weakness for dark chocolate and have been trying to stay away from it. I picked the rice Krispy treats bc they are low cal low nutrient. I know when I tried to record what i was eating in the beginning of trying the le diet I wasn't hitting the proper calorie intake or proper amount for protein. I was hitting fat but protein was a little behind not much. It's more the calories I wasn't getting.
    Last edited by Trishy74; December 7th, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping bc I'm really interested on hearing atomics opinion on the original post. Is it ok that I counted 1500 mg of sodium yesterday? I think that's prob about the range I usually take in.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The unsatisfying answer is that we simply don't know. I think weight loss sways, I think low nutrient diet sways, I think dropping snacks and skipping breakfast sways, I think high carb diet sways for anyone without PCOS or insulin resistance (and since you're able to lose weight eating like this, the odds are good you are not insulin resistant). And a diet where a higher % of your fat intake comes from transfats and Omega 6 fat instead of healthy and saturated fat also sways pink (pretty strongly in animal studies.) I think all those things TOGETHER sway more than any one of them alone does.

Your diet looks right in line with what I recommend for LE Diet. If you can drop the snacking, more's the better.

You do NOT need to eat super low fat and absolutely do not need to limit sugar, except in terms of calories overall. The only people who need to limit sugar are people with PCOS and IR. If you can lose weight eating higher carb foods, the odds are very good that you are not insulin resistant and are ok to eat more empty, lower nutrient carbs.

I got my DD at 5-4 123 lbs
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic! I know the snacking is killing me! Lol. At work I keep busy in the morning after breakfast until lunch time but I find after lunch I just need something sweet! I try to eat the snack right when u get back to the office after eating lunch so the snack won't be so far apart from my lunch that I ate. I really need to just not fill up a cup with sweets and leave them on my desk! But I work for attorneys and now our clients are sending us chocolates for the holiday and they put them on the top of my desk. Lucky me! I did luck out last week one if my bosses actually brought home his dark chocolate truffles to his family instead of opening it in the office. He never does that! But totally benefited me. Anyway thanks for sharing your view. I'm down another pound do I'm like 124 now! Yay! Thanks again for your input. Appreciate it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I wasn't sure what omega 6 foods were so I tried looking them up online. I see it is present in my ritz crackers as partially hydronated oils or trans fats or something like that and I did notice its in non dairy creamer but can you tell me other foods its in with no saturated fat? I looked at my pop tart box abd of course in the one I eat its not listed but its listed in the flavor my husband likes! Then I noticed it in a pak of cookies I brought for the fsmily but it has like 2.5 grams of saturated fat. So that's no good. If you can give me some examples of foods which contain that it would be helpful to me. I assume you know what foods would have it since you say that may sway. I'm so mad at myself! I went food shopping yesterday while hungry and it was late and picked up a ready made quiche which was so good but I must have eaten too much protein and of course it's fattening! I put on a pound and half since yesterday! Going right back to my regimen today of high carbs bc my body seems to like that better for weight loss. Lol. All my long term friends just can't get over that the crappier my diet the more I lose weight. One of them commented that to me the other day sarcastically! Thank god for my insulin resistance being so good! Lol. Hopefully this helps with getting a girl for me. And like I've said before most of my 39 years I've eaten the junk food diet and either lost or retained weight. Just really confused on what foods r okay to eat for omega 6 which don't contain too much saturated fat or none. Again like always thanks for all your help. You have no idea how grateful I am for you helping myself and the other girls on this site to try to get our baby girl.
    Last edited by Trishy74; December 11th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I apologize but that would be super time consuming for me to do and it is all available via Google and on food labels.

General rule: Omega 6 and transfats are in corn/soy/veg oils, shortening, margarine, and the baked goods containing "partially hydrogenated bla-blah bla"

Omega 3, healthy and saturated fats are in olive/nut oils, fish and fish oil, animal fats including dairy like butter

I'm not saying you shoudl never have any saturated fat, but just htat a higher % of your fat should be coming from Omega 6 if possible.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotchya. What you mentioned helped me differentiate it better than what I read online. I thought margarine was one of them. I know it would take time to write an entire list. Just needed some info on it.

I noticed soy lecithin is in almost every food label I have in my house. I noticed the blue swayers eat it. Is it safe for us girl swayers to eat it too?

Thanks again for your help.

Also, I'm not sure if you'd know the answer to this but we just found out DH's cousin is pregnant with her first (she's 24). But she was born with hydrocephalus and just had her shunt permanently removed. Do you know if having hydrocephalus in itself would sway any way? I know it's a disability. Everyone is hoping for a girl on his side b/c there's only boys! LOL. She was super skinny 2 years ago but over the past year she def put on a few lbs but she's of average size now. I was just wondering if hydrocephalus would put her more in line with a girl b/c it takes a toll on your body in a way b/c of the water on the brain. But she just had her shunt removed in Sept or Oct. and is 7 weeks preggo.

Thanks again for all your help. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, I apologize but that would be super time consuming for me to do and it is all available via Google and on food labels.

General rule: Omega 6 and transfats are in corn/soy/veg oils, shortening, margarine, and the baked goods containing "partially hydrogenated bla-blah bla"

Omega 3, healthy and saturated fats are in olive/nut oils, fish and fish oil, animal fats including dairy like butter

I'm not saying you shoudl never have any saturated fat, but just htat a higher % of your fat should be coming from Omega 6 if possible.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soy lethicin is used in very small amounts (you'll notice that it is listed at the end of the ingredients) as an emulsifier in many foods. These tiny amounts aren't worth worrying about, IMO. I'm no expert on blue sways, but I know that when lecithin is taken as a supplement it's in MUCH larger quantities, like 100-1000x as much or more.

I love dark chocolate too and I always crave it on my period. I can't eat milk chocolate instead because I find it gross. But if you can switch to milk chocolate from dark, or eat a rice krispie treat instead, I think that would definitely help. I noticed most of the girl moms seem to have a sweet tooth so I personally consider that a good sign of swaying pink. I think it's much better to indulge with sweet treats than sa lty/savoury ones.

Edit: Safflower oil, eggs and poultry (though this last should be avoided generally on the LE diet) are also high in Omega-6 fatty acids.
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 11th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast