Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face So upset! I think I messed up royally and lh surge either today or tomorrow. Advice needed please.

Ugh I'm so upset with myself! I was doing so well last week. My willpower to not eat sweets delivered to my office was amazing! I was so proud of myself. I had lost my period weight gain. Now I'm about to ovulate. Probably going to get my lh surge either today of tomorrow bc I'm already seeing some ewcm during a BM (sorry tmi). So since I was doing so amazingly well last week with diet on Friday night, I had my company holiday party which I tried to eat ok at. I had few sips of cosmopolitan drink which I never drink alcohol so I'm a lightweight. Was buzzed off 10 small sips. No joke. Lol. Then I didn't eat anything being passed around at cocktail hour. So was doing great! Then at dinner time I orderd filet mignon (couldn't resist bc haven't had steak in like 7 months)! So only ate literally like a quarter of it. My DH ate all of his and mine. The serving wasn't large at all. Sides were potato cooked in a lemon sauce and spinach in lemon sauce (upscale Greek restaurant). So I wasn't upset with what I ate bc I barely had any of the steak and sides I ate we're real small. But this is where it gets bad! For dessert I had small piece of baklava and a slice of walnut cake. It's like they were just calling my name! Ugh then yesterday I baked Xmas cookies. Wishing I would have just skipped it this year but its a family tradition for me. So what happens? While baking I'm shoving chocolate chip cookie dough in my mouth! I barely had any cooked cookies bc I was just so ill by the time I was done baking them! So my meal yesterday consisted of a plain bagel with strawberry cream cheese at noon with like half cup of coffee with non dairy creamer and then two hours later started baking and it lasted for like 3 hours! No dinner bc I was just so upset with myself! I get on the scale this morning to see I put on 1 1/2 pounds! I'm worried about attempting this month bc I know weight gain sways boy! I also feel like I can't wait another month bc I'm almost 40 and haven't gotten preggo in past 3 mos!

I guess I just needed to share my concerns. So wishing I didn't bake these darn cookies! I'm so not touching them anymore. DH is eating them. I'd rather him eat them than me bc who knows if what he eats really affects him as much as myself. Seems like diet affects woman more from what I'm getting and he won't cooperate anyway.

Just wish I wasn't going to ovulate so close to christmas. This stinks! Does it sound like I messed up real bad? Especially right before waiting for lh surge and already seeing ewcm during BM. Also does sugar affect cm so quickly considering i started seeing it on late friday with bm? ugh I'm just so sick over this! Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Trishy74; December 22nd, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's okay. Girl moms eat cookie dough and steak!! One day or a couple of days does not ruin a sway. The way we implement swaying on here is a cumulative effect where you are putting your body into a state to be more receptive to conceiving a certain gender. One day is not enough to ruin everything.

God luck with your sway.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your response. You have given me some hope! I'm more worried about the weight gain of one and half pounds since Friday morning. I'm just so worried it will sway boy bc I know I've read atomic says not to gain any weight bc sways boy. I'm just thinking today I will barely eat anything but not sure if that would really help so late in the game being I'm going to ovulate in a few days. Thanks again for the response and words of encouragement. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It's okay. Girl moms eat cookie dough and steak!! One day or a couple of days does not ruin a sway. The way we implement swaying on here is a cumulative effect where you are putting your body into a state to be more receptive to conceiving a certain gender. One day is not enough to ruin everything.

God luck with your sway.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't look at weight gain from one day to the next - it's just not reliable. That could be food or water weight that you'll lose again in a day or two. I recommend only comparing your weights from week to week. If you are holding steady or losing then small fluctuations don't matter.

Also, 1 1/2 lbs is nothing! Like menstrual weight gain, it's totally normal to gain and lose weight (around 5lbs is normal) due to hormones. There's no way these slight changes can sway either way bc EVERY woman experiences them. Look at the bigger picture - how much you weighed around O or just before last month.

It does suck to be TTC this time of year though! I've almost 100% decided to wait until next cycle bc I want to give myself more than a month on the diet. But I still need to be strict now and I'm fighting against my natural tendency to put on weight in the Winter. I am always hungry before O too...how long have you been on the diet?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response. I have OCD and I weigh myself every day for years! It's not that I was starving I was just indulging. Lol. I'm not doing le diet the exact way it should be. I'm basically doing my own thing where I eat more carbs and not meat or chicken as much as I was and I'm eating less calories. I've lost about 10 pounds since end of July. I find if I eat more carbs I lose weight. I'd say last month at ovulation I probably weighed about the same but I had lost an addtl pound right after ovulation but I've pretty much been at the 125 or 126 pound range for the past month. Got down to 124.5 a couple weeks ago but it was short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    You can't look at weight gain from one day to the next - it's just not reliable. That could be food or water weight that you'll lose again in a day or two. I recommend only comparing your weights from week to week. If you are holding steady or losing then small fluctuations don't matter.

Also, 1 1/2 lbs is nothing! Like menstrual weight gain, it's totally normal to gain and lose weight (around 5lbs is normal) due to hormones. There's no way these slight changes can sway either way bc EVERY woman experiences them. Look at the bigger picture - how much you weighed around O or just before last month.

It does suck to be TTC this time of year though! I've almost 100% decided to wait until next cycle bc I want to give myself more than a month on the diet. But I still need to be strict now and I'm fighting against my natural tendency to put on weight in the Winter. I am always hungry before O too...how long have you been on the diet?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You CANNOT gain 1 1/2 lbs of actual weight in one day, it's impossible.

Do NOT skip this month! You guys need to be in with a good attempt every month because you never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton.

Please do not starve yourself to make up for cheats.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks AS! I actually ate at noon today so I'm not starving myself to make up for eating too much yesterday. I waited a little later today to eat and had plain bagel with reduced fat strawberry cream cheese.

Thanks for everyone's input. AS I feel the same way a month cannot be wasted bc of my age and who knows if its a good egg or not.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

Do NOT skip this month! You guys need to be in with a good attempt every month because you never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks AS! I actually ate at noon today so I'm not starving myself to make up for eating too much yesterday. I waited a little later today to eat and had plain bagel with reduced fat strawberry cream cheese.

Thanks for everyone's input. AS I feel the same way a month cannot be wasted bc of my age and who knows if its a good egg or not.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a half a year swayer, one thing I have learned is not to beat myself up over cheats. Honestly, I now enjoy cheats more than anything. I used to think I would ruin my entire sway, but now I feel that it's what keeps me sane. I have cheated 3 times this week and have no regrets whatsoever! I will be cheating this week with Christmas and gain for New Years. I usually cheat twice a week, but with the holidays I may just have more cheats. I feel that I can't afford to skip a month b/c of cheats. I'm on CD11 (with my first round of Clomid) so I maybe Ov this week and feel that I have done so much and all I can do is trust God. Whatever it's meant to be will be and if I get another boy I will be happy with Healthy. I have been doing LE since June and cheats here and there will not ruin my overall LE diet ( at least I think so lol)
    Please don't beat yourself up, enjoy the cheats and the holidays. Relax mommy and everything will be ok. The 1 1/2 lb you gained is most likely due to water weight. There's no way you can gain that in 1 or 2 days.
    ***Remember that even the most perfect sways fail. ***
    DS1 DS2 DS3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post

God luck with your sway.
    HAHAHA! WHen I am a full blown LE eater I can eat nothing BUT cookie dough and steak all day and not feel bad...well, I usually feel lousy the next day!

My Gender Dreaming

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast