Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short LP and late ovulation?

Hi ladies,

My question isn't terribly related to TTC a girl, just TTC.

Does anyone know what could be done about late ovulation and a short LP? I feel like I should be remembering a supplement or something, but my brain is fried.

I am nursing my 8-month-old, which is obviously the cause of it. My period came back 3 months ago and has been "regular" (30-31 days), but I am ovulating on day 22-24 and only having 7 day LPs. Which isn't enough to sustain a pregnancy. I know if we wait it out, it probably will correct itself. However, we were hoping to try in about 3 months and I don't want to start out swaying with a weird cycle already.

We will probably push our attempt out a bit to try and figure out how to increase my LP. But I thought I would ask if anyone had any ideas. Thanks
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've suffered one since I came off the pill in March. B6 lengthened mine to 10 days bit swsys boy. I stopped it and it reverted back to contact between 6-9 days. I am now on agnus casts (vitex) on 9dpo today so will see how this goes as its girl friend BUT has increased my cm. I got 21 day bloods and had low porstegone so know test causes mine x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is totally normal while BF and is just your body's natural mechanism for preventing a pregnancy before you're truly ready.

I suspect that your cycle will have normalized in 3 months no matter what. Virtually everything I have seen that "fixes" short LP takes 3-6 months to work and then when people do nothing, their LP also takes 3-6 months to fix itself doing nothing at all, so I think 90% of the time it's total coincidence.

My best advice for lengthening LP is eating upper limits of fat and you can try my 'magic combo" - 1 serving full fat dairy dialy, 4-6 eggs a week, 2 servings salmon a week until you are ready to TTC.

At the same time I do want to mention that it IS possible to get pg with a shorter than normal LP - while 7 days is obviously cutting it very fine, the fertilized egg, upon implantation, sends a signal to your body to start making progesterone all on its own and so even with super short LP (less than 10 days) a LOT of people are still able to get pregnant.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM17 View Post
    I've suffered one since I came off the pill in March. B6 lengthened mine to 10 days bit swsys boy. I stopped it and it reverted back to contact between 6-9 days. I am now on agnus casts (vitex) on 9dpo today so will see how this goes as its girl friend BUT has increased my cm. I got 21 day bloods and had low porstegone so know test causes mine x
    If B6 works for you, continue it. I think that the people who take B6 for swaying ONLY should drop it, but if it's helping your LP, then that's good.

RE vitex, even if you ahve more CM, you can't necessarily tell with the naked eye if it's more pink or blue friendly. Several of us got boys with no CM and/or girls with it so while I do think the general rule is that less CM = girls, it is in no way something set in stone!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome atomic. Thanks a bunch. I'll go ahead and try the magic three and also wait it out for a bit. I learned something new, I thought that you couldn't get preggo with such a short LP...good to know!!
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's def. possible, does make it harder of course!