Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

If i get +OPK two days in a row, when to bd?

Typically i get a +opk for two days. I read you should have sex the day after your +opk. i'm on clomid this time and while dh doesn't have a low sperm count technically, he has low volume and the count is more on the lower end of normal and we have yet to get pregnant. I want to optimize my chances of pregnancy, not a girl necessarily so i want to save his swimmers up if possible. So when should we bd? This is my first time on clomid so i'm not sure if i will get two days of +opk anyway!
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For a typical person atomic recommends bd at first opk. I get pos opk for 48 hours as well and she's told me to bd at first opk. How low is your husbands coubt? 3 years ago my husband had like 60 million and volume was lower and I was able to get pregnsnt with that. Although I had my own issues with hormones but once straightened out I got preggo right away.

Now my husbands sperm count dropped by 30 million to 36.5 million and more volume. On 5th month of trying but I'm almost 40 now. Had some bloods done and shows my fsh is elevated which means egg supply isn't good.

Hope you get your baby. I know three years ago I did 2 attempts at pos opk; one first sign opk and following day and got my boy. However if you're looking for a girl that's not recommended. Good luck!
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First positive OPK.

I would give this a try the first couple months on Clomid and then consider adding in more attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we've already been tic for a year and a half. I'm not looking for a girl. His count was 54 mill but they said that was fine. So far attempting at first +opk hasn't worked. :/ But i also hadn't tried clomid yet.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming then that all your hormone levels have been checked? Before conceiving my DS, I tried for 10 months. I finally went to fertility clinic (thinking they'd find something wrong with DH) and instead I was the culprit! They ran a whole panel of bloods on me. I was 36, almost 37 at the time. My prolactin levels came back high due to taking a beta blocker as a preventative for my migraines. Once I stopped the med, I got preggo 7 days later...literally! Prolactin numbers dropped and preggo right away. That's why I'm asking if they ran an entire blood panel on you. If I didn't go to fertility dr, my dr obgyn would not have found it. I really got lucky. Now I'm having issues b/c of an elevated FSH level which I'm being told is normal for my age (40 in 3 mos). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boymomsrock View Post
    we've already been tic for a year and a half. I'm not looking for a girl. His count was 54 mill but they said that was fine. So far attempting at first +opk hasn't worked. :/ But i also hadn't tried clomid yet.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm having my AMH run but i don't know why i would have high prolactin levels unless i have a brain tumor. I'm not on any medications. I spoke with the fertility clinic today and will be going for a consult and ultrasound soon and go from there.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I didn't mean its your prolactin levels. Was just giving you an example of how a hormone could be imbalanced. Hope your amh test comes back good. I'm heading back to fertukity dr on feb 6. Praying that he can run blood panel and do ultrasoubd to see how many follicles I have etc.

Best of luck to you. Hope we both get preggo soon.

i'm having my AMH run but i don't know why i would have high prolactin levels unless i have a brain tumor. I'm not on any medications. I spoke with the fertility clinic today and will be going for a consult and ultrasound soon and go from there.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry I knew that (sorry do not always look at user names!!) Well, honestly it's up to you guys here - if it's time to pull the trigger, then SMEP would not be amiss.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lots of people do have the kind of tumor that can cause high prolactin, I know several people and always good to get it checked.