Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snacking ?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Snacking ?

Hi everyone,

I have a question about snacking. I know on LE snacking is not ideal, but is it super bad as long as calorie totals stay low and you're losing weight? I'm struggling with going very long between meals, but I'm definitely losing weight and keeping my overall calorie intake low. I'm also exercising for the 60 minutes 6-7 days a week which I think may be part of the reason I'm so hungry.

I am skipping breakfast with the exception of coffee with a splash of milk or creamer. I have a hard time making it until 11:00/12:00 without the coffee. Is it better to try to eat a bigger meal in one sitting or eat a smaller meal with a snack later if needed? I'm not constantly grazing but do find I needed a snack or two during the day.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm afraid I'm dooming my sway because of needing a snack between lunch and dinner and before bed.

Thanks for any input!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Snacking will raise your blood sugar and you definitely don't want that. You can absolutely have your coffee before 11-12, it's not considered a meal. It will raise your sugar level, but not as much as a meal and it will drop down right after. Just watch that milk-no vit A& D added, you can use fat free, skim or half-and-half, I go with rise milk and I don't even have to use any sweetener-it's naturally sweet. If I have to make a choice between snacking and a bigger meal, I'll go with a bigger meal, one of the goals of the LE diet is to go as long as possible between meals. I drink Crystal Light between lunch and dinner and if that doesn't do the trick, I get another cup of coffee later in the afternoon. You also need to stay around the top of the calorie/fat/protein intake since you are doing the exercise-I just started this week and found myself loosing too much too fast. I've run into the problem of getting all the fat, sodium and protein at level, but way too low on calories. It's fine-tuning on the go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chewing gum and diet coke are both good for distracting yourself in between meals without raising blood sugar levels. I know it's no substitute for a good hearty snack though

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am having a coffee also and then having 2 bigger meals strictly no sacking. Id make your meals bigger. I eat a pudding after mine every day either yogurt of low fat crisps. It keeps me fuller x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all! I'm still fine tuning my diet, so this is all very helpful. Maybe I'll push back my attempt until the end of next month to have more time with less snacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I snacked.. I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. Only thing I did food wise was in the mornings I would eat a couple hard boiled eggs (I knew they didnt contain carbs) with a cup of coffee with some creamer and equal. Other wise I ate whatever..
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's much better to eat larger meals and avoid snacking/more than 3 meals as much as possible. 2 meals if you can do it is probably optimal. I struggle with this too and have increased my total cals from 1200 to 1500 just so I can survive without snacking.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I eat large meals then I am too full so what I do is I eat 2 meals where I feel satisfied and will have a snack arond 3:30 or 4 of like a rice cake or something small ...

And then will have dinner btwn 6to 7:30.

I think snacking is more out of habit than hunger for the most part ...but at the same time, eating only when you're super hungry and starving is what counts instead of stressing out abt it

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I get super cravings around ovulation so allow myslef one day of cheating w/o feeling guity

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like odd I get insane O cravings so I will also do a couple (small) cheats just before O. Having a little bit of whatever I'm craving enables me to be stricter overall, too.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast