Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can i LE diet too long??

This might be a really crazy question..but I know I'm suppose to do the opposite of what/how I ate with my boys and have read that your body needs to basically not know when it will get food again (hard times) but what happens if I go on the basics of the LE diet 6 months in advance - as in no meat, no snacking, no breakfast and about 1500 calories a day on lower nutrient food - will my body get used to that pattern and then know it will be getting food. Does that make any sense??? Or is it better to do the diet for only about 3 months to get that initial "shock" on what my body is used to =) thank you!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if this is of any help but when I conceived both DDs I was dieting for about 6 months, I started gradually and would even have some cheats but for the last month or so I was very strict and with dd2 i was practically starving myself not eating past 4pm, it was insane. With my ds I was also dieting but I was doing atkins so i wasn't deprived and right before i conceived i had reached my goal weight so i was eating more by then. Hope this helps

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I had my DDs I was living le diet all the time. I didn't start eating a more he diet until I left my ex and got together with my current dh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we were first starting off with this, after doing my research I felt it equally likely that it would be better to hit it hard on diet (thinking that diet may become less helpful over time) OR stay on diet a while. I really didn't know which would prove true. But I think we have seen a definite trend in the direction that longer on diet is better and shorter is getting worse results. IF there is some sort of "getting used to diet" I believe it takes longer than a year to happen for most people (and I want everyone getting pg within a year anyway whenever possible.)

That having been said, if you are not in a hurry to TTC, I do NOT think it's best to spend a long time on a super restrictive diet. I designed the LE Diet to be able to stick with it indefinitely but not on the most restrictive levels - if you're planning on existing on rice cakes and kale then that is NOT advised to begin months in advance and it's NOT LE Diet either BTW (and I do not recommend anyone doing that.)

What I would have you do if you go on the diet 6-12 months in advance of swaying is just go vegetarian, keep taking multivitamin and eating breakfast, increase intake of Omega 6 fats (veg oil other than olive or avocado or coconut, margarine, shortening) and decrease intake of Omega 3/saturated/animal fats and eat more along the lines of 2000 cals. Then more like 3 months before, you can tighten up at that point.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic!! ..will be starting this soon =)