Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Attempt

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One Attempt

Hello,

I am having trouble with my cycle this month. This is my 3rd month TTC and I conceived my 2 boys the first month TTC so this is new to me. This is also the first month using OPKs but 3rd month temping. I temped with both my boys and understood the process well. My first son was conceived 0-1 and the second O+12 ish. As a result, even though I know cut offs aren't reliable, I have used 0-3 and O-2 the past 2 cycles with CFR. The problem is that it's hard to know when I'm going to O ahead of time because I have 5 days EWCM and seemingly dry up the day of ovulation. This seemed odd to me so I added OPKs to get a better understanding. The last two cycles I seemingly ovulated on CD 14 and CD 15 with a 13 day luteal phase. Based on my cycle lengths for the past few years, it seems that's average (27 day cycle with 13 day luteal phase).

Anyway, my main problem is that we DTD on CD8 and got carried away and ended up finishing inside. I didn't think it would be a big deal because I don't ovulate to CD 14/15 and figured the odds were low that any boys would be hanging around (especially since I haven't had luck with O-2 or O-3). However, today is CD 12 and I got first positive OPK this morning (test line same/maybe a bit darker on Wondfo). Last night, the test line was SLIGHTLY lighter but just barely. Close call. So now I don't know what to do or expect. My plan was to do one attempt on CD 14 with CFR but I fear that may be too late. Should I bump it up to CD 13? I still might miss the boat on this cycle but I want to stick to one attempt. I'm afraid the CD8 tryst may have messed up this whole thing. The other possibility is that I am going to O on CD 14/15 like usual and have several days of + OPK. What's your advice girls?

PS since I'm not doing many other sway factors for various reasons,( skipping vitamins and breakfast (taking folic acid) but did lose 4 lbs through general weight loss 126lbs and 5'6. I was around 130 when conceiving my boys. Not a lot of weight, I would like to lose more but I tend to pass out when I get too skinny and have a hard time with diets (get the shakes too)) I could be a good candidate for your one attempt stats assuming CD 8 doesn't mess with this cycle. Dang it, have to be better next month if this doesn't work out.
    Last edited by nikcib; January 11th, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing will be left from CD 8. Sperm that early in your cycle will all have died off. Go ahead and have your attempt and feel good about that! That does count as one attempt. Very similar to what got me my DD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Nothing will be left from CD 8. Sperm that early in your cycle will all have died off. Go ahead and have your attempt and feel good about that! That does count as one attempt. Very similar to what got me my DD.
    Do you think i should try tonight with the +OPK or tomorrow on CD 13? I have to do CFR because my son was conceived with one attempt on O day (we weren't really trying at that point and I figured the likelihood of conceiving past O was small--wrong! We were going to try the next cycle though so NBD)

Thanks again for all your help!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes View Post
    Try ASAP!

Thank you greeneyes. The deed is done as of 12 am after the game. Fingers crossed for BFP and pink dust and healthy baby genes (not a lot to ask for right? . I hope I'm not one of those people who have days of positive OPKs and tried too early again. I will test again this afternoon to see how the LH is going.

I appreciate all your help! You guys are fantastic.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When in doubt, attempt, even if I can't get back to you in time.

Shout out to greeneyes, thanks for giving great advice!!

PS - you DON'T have to do CFR just becasue you got your son with one attempt - you got a boy in spite of having one attempt, not because of it. Good luck
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update

UPDATE: not big or fat but positive at 9dpo! I am so excited and a little bit overwhelmed. This baby is my last chance and could mark the closing of a door for me and my family. Honestly though, I just want a healthy baby to complete my family and stop the conversation-"should we have another?" It's over now, assuming the baby sticks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    huge congrats! Hoping for a sticky pink bean for you!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One Attempt

Congrats!!

Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like