Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Help! Irregular cycles!

WARNING! These may be daft questions! Im still formulating my sway plan!

I want to start the diet and supplements at the begining of july so that I can start ttc Aug/Sept. I wasnt planning on charting as I know it will stress me out! However, my cycles are sooo irregular. I only have say 4-5 periods a year and I dont know what this means? Does this mean that I only ovulate 4-5 times a year or can you ovulate and not have a period? I will start taking vitex to see if it helps.

I was planning on abstaining but I assume you cant do that if you dont chart or have any idea when O is coming. So the other option is to use opk sticks and do frequent bd until I get a positive but I wonder wether this is less sucessful at lowering sperm count? Also how oIknow when to start frequent bd if I dont have af to go by? Any advice geatly appreciated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There ARE no daft questions!!!

4-5 periods a year may mean that you have PCOS and I STRONGLY recommend that you see a doctor before you begin to sway because he/she may be able to give you medicines like metformin and Clomid that will help you ovulate AND will sway pink. The diet may need to be tweaked should you have PCOS because you may have insulin resistance (please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...d-sugar-issues)

See a doc before you start vitex so you will get an accurate reading should they need to do a blood test.

You cannot O without having a period, but you CAN have what seems like a period without Oing.

The prob with frequent BD, if you don't know when O is coming, is that it is A LOT of BD. If you aren't going to O for 4 or 5 months, you can't really expect to BD every day for 4-5 months, KWIM?? And if you skip days, you may end up raising sperm count because the swimmers have time to recover.

Instead, I would wait for an OPK and do antihistamine, jelly (like RepHresh or Acijel), jump and dump, and maybe even a bit of spermicide. You can also have your husband release once the day of your attempt and dump that batch, then DTD again. This will lower his sperm count.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, would she just do 1 or 2 attempts on the first +OPK day or would she need to continue DTD through O?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's up to her and depends on how soon she wants to get pg. If she did take Clomid she should DTD through O and try to get pg as quick as possible (because you can only take Clomid for a few months) but if she was going for a natural sway, she might want to wait for a pos OPK, have her husband release once and dump it, then as soon as he is able to, DTD again and have him finish inside.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ