Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe this gender sway study on the moon phase is accurate?

This is an article (from India) about the moon phase and affect on gender... Do you believe this is accurate and the moon phase can truly determine gender??? I'm ovulating in a new moon phase this month and the next, but then full moon the next. And I am 36.... so I don't know if we should not TTC during the full moon phase.

I know that it was accurate with my 2 boys - I know 100% the day I ovulated - and they were both on full moon. I also looked this up for my sister (based on her due date, so I kinda guessed the conception date lol) and it was accurate.

Has it been accurate for you????????

here is the article:

Effects of full moon and no moon on the birth of male and female offsprings were studied in Indian Couples of the age group 20 to 40 years. It was observed that 42 wives who were conceived within 24 hours of ovulation at full moon gave birth of 40 male and 2 female babies. On the other hand 40 women conceived on the day of ovulation 3 days prior to full moon gave birth of 13 male and 27 female babies. But only 5 women conceived on no moon, all of them gave birth of female babies. It was also observed that vaginal pH of the ovulated women during full moon was alkaline (pH 8.7 +/- 0.4) while pH was weak acidic in women ovulated 3 days prior to full moon and no moon (pH 6.4 +/- 0.5; 6.2 +/- 0.5). The basal body temperature (BBT) was increased 0.7 degrees F to 1.3 degrees F during the ovulation period when compared with women during the absence of ovulation. But there is an increase in temperature 0.5 degrees F more in women ovulated in full moon than no moon. Together, these results indicate that alkaline vaginal fluid medium and more rise of BBT during full moon favour conception of male babies. This method gives the couple more chance of having male child if conception occurs in the day of ovulation in full moon and having female child if conception occurs in no moon.

PMID: 16295726

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes I come across some old post that I never saw and this is one of them.

I am obviously very skeptical of stuff like this. I find that many of the studies that come from two countries in particular are often highly suspect and I always suggest taking them with a grain of salt because gender abortion is endemic there and we cannot know how many of the people who supposedly had the correct outcome, just had an abortion if it was a baby they did not want (and many times the clinics who claim to do these studies, DO abortions, so one can never be quite sure if they are really doing a legit study or selling some method of "foolproof" gender selection where if it doesn't work, they are just doing an abortion for the couple. Sad but true, unfortunately.)

Additionally, some science indicates that higher fertility ~may~ be associated with Oing around a full moon and since being more fertile does seem to = more boys, it may just be that more fertile women O around the full moon. NOT that the moon is doing anything, but that it's just a correlation. So, I'd put absolutely no stock into this at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ