Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Myoinositol for non-PCOS pink swayers?

Is it a good idea to try myoinositol if you DON'T have PCOS and are TTC pink? I went to pregnitude's website, and they advertise that it's to help egg quality and speed up conception. Might this make it easier to TTC pink by helping make it only one attempt and the first month?
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At its core it's b vitamins and so extra nutrients may sway blue but it's also supposed to lower testosterone and increase progesterone and also stabiliE blood sugar levels which may sway pink. I don't think that there's enough data either way right now but will be interested to hear atomics take.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered some (not from Pregnitude, limited vitamin options over here). I definitely don't have PCOS, either. My main reason for trying it is late O/short LP. In one study it brought O forward.

I actually took it years ago in much higher doses (like 30g daily) to treat OCD. It didn't help but no side effects either. I wish I'd been charting then!
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 15th, 2014 at 04:40 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't yet have enough confidence in the safety and efficacy of myo to recommend it for anyone who is not either PCO, IR, or has a lot of weight to lose. I think it may be TOO effective for the average person and you could end up losing too much weight, and reducing your hormone levels too much. So in the here and now I am not recommending it for the average person.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would a BMI of 27.6 be "a lot of weight to lose?" Sadly, that's where I am and looking at my first attempt in just 5 weeks!

2007 2011 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes and in that case, what I would do is proceed with Pregnitude for these 5 weeks and do one of the two modified diets in the PCOS thread (they are ok for people without PCOS too)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html and then when you get AF in the month of your attempt, start weaning off it at that point, planning to be completely off it by the time of ovulation in the month of your first attempt.

As it is fairly new, I don't have the sense of whether it is safe to take when TTC or not and so this is the compromise I have come up with to enable people to use the myo in such a way that I don't think it could be harmful to a pregnancy (if in fact it is.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For the record, while I wasn't charting when I tried inositol for OCD, it definitely didn't affect my weight. I tried it for 3 months at 30g daily and my weight was stable at 105-110 lbs (17ish BMI), which is my natural weight when not exercising. I would have noticed any dramatic hormonal effects, too, and I don't recall any. My 5th pregnancy (last with my late husband) was actually conceived maybe 2 weeks before I stopped taking the inositol, so apparently no issues for me in regards to TTC, either. It was accidental and I think that might have been one of the times I Oed (much) earlier than usual, though that might be wishful thinking on my part. This was nearly 8 years ago.

Atomic, what daily dose do you recommend? I'm thinking at least 1.2g based on the study I mentioned.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic! Brown carbs make more sense to me anyway, and hopefully switching to LE PCOS-style will get me off this f*&% weight plateau! I ordered Pregnitude today, and I'll start as soon as amazon delivers it

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also curious about dosage. Pregnitude is designed for 2g daily, taken in two separate doses (so 1 g per dose) and I'm wondering if this (PCOS) dosage is appropriate or not.

2007 2011 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast