Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Random LE Diet questions- fiber brand, acne, fitness pal

I figured one thread with three small questions made more sense lol

1. I've been using Kroger sugar-free fiber powder (no nutrients), but notice people mention Metamucil and chitosan or something like that on here a lot, are they somehow better than the cheap generic stuff

2. I've noticed my skin is going nuts. Like I normally get a zit or two around AF, but I'm having at least 3 constantly now and my skin is super dry. I figured it could be a good thing indicating hormone flux, but is it common?

3. Fitness pal seems to add protein and calories to the "limits" you set when you exercise. Is that how the LE diet works? or is it stay under the limits exercise aside?

Ty in advance for your time

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People use Metamucil cuz it has aspartame which may sway pink, but if yours is sugar free it probably has aspartame too.

I got wonky skin on LE diet too. Combo of hormone changes plus eating less fat-- probably a good sign!

I am not a fan of MFP as it's more stressful than helpful to me. If you're exercising 60+ mins a day you'll probably need to be in the upper limits of LE so the weight didn't fly off you.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eek, I hadn't thought to check the ingredients, it doesn't have aspartame, it's just "wheat dextrin" that's the only ingredient..but aren't girl swayers supposed to avoid wheat...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wheat dextrin isn't really wheat, it's so highly processed. And no, it's not something girl swayers need to avoid.

The LE diet has been awful for my skin, too. The longer I'm on it the worse it gets! Very dry, flaky, easily inflamed with pimples. Normally I have clear, dry skin. I consider it a very good sign that my body chemistry has changed. I think the low fat has much to do with it, since before I was on a high fat diet. Also the shift from saturated to polyunsaturated fats.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)brand doesn't matter

2)Pimple essay here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ores-zits.html yes totally normal and often reported

3)LE Diet limits are the same whether you are exercising or not, but if you're tall or have PCOS or just don't seem to be able to manage on 40-50, you can bump up to 50-60. Tall peopel who are exercising a lot may even need to go more like 55-60
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by unwirklich View Post
    Eek, I hadn't thought to check the ingredients, it doesn't have aspartame, it's just "wheat dextrin" that's the only ingredient..but aren't girl swayers supposed to avoid wheat...
    ??? no wheat is fine??? can you tell me why you think that so I can explain?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I read someplace "don't eat wheat" rather it was a derived point from the fact that all the LE diet info stresses white bread, white tortillas if not corn, etc. I assumed it was because wheat is more nutritious.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you mean whole wheat, wheat bran, perhaps?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by unwirklich View Post
    I don't think I read someplace "don't eat wheat" rather it was a derived point from the fact that all the LE diet info stresses white bread, white tortillas if not corn, etc. I assumed it was because wheat is more nutritious.
    That is because PRODUCTS made with whole wheat flour tend to be higher in nutrients but wheat dextrin is just a form of starch that has been extracted from wheat. All the nutrients are gone from that.

you realize white flour is wheat, right? The issue is not "wheat", it is products made with 100% whole grain flour because they are higher in nutrients.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That is because PRODUCTS made with whole wheat flour tend to be higher in nutrients but wheat dextrin is just a form of starch that has been extracted from wheat. All the nutrients are gone from that.

you realize white flour is wheat, right? The issue is not "wheat", it is products made with 100% whole grain flour because they are higher in nutrients.
    Is wholegrain rice ok?

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast