Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused What to eat/drink at restaurants? Have to take clients out for meals!

Every now and then I have to have meals out with customers/clients and this is really nothing I can avoid without making a big thing about it.

Therefore I'd like to be as prepared as possible for these occasions and would like to know what kind of food would be the most girl-friendly. I can often choose restaurant but not always.

We OFTEN have sushi (about once a week normally), salads or buffets but i guess sushi is not great. Or? Could I have a small portion with 9 pieces and no soy?

About salads, they are usually not with iceberg salad but with baby spinach, goat cheese, beet roots etc. To avoid, or?

I guess a buffet would be best so that I can choose myself and try to pick the rice and pasta mostly, but what about all the sauces, they are very often salty and quite full of butter, cream etc.

Pasta Alfredo I read somewhere, but those are also very greasy and full of salt and parmesan. Is it still ok every now and then?

And what about indian cuisine, rice with a lentil stew and maybe some naan bread?

And also (very important!) - what about wine? Can I have white wine?

Almost dreading for my nest meal our.
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As atomic says nothing is off limits as long as you stay within your limits for the day. For eating out I would stick to vegetarian as much as possible.

Soup is usually a great option as it is filling, low in fat ( if you ask them to hold the cream) and usually low in protein and calories

As for the salads ask for dressing on the side and if there is a lot of cheese only eat half of it.

For Italian I would go for a tomato based pasta sauce rather then Alfredo which is cream, butter and cheese. You would be way over on fat with that one.

For Indian any spicer veg based curry ( without the coconut milk) and rice would be good.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and white wine within your calorie limits is fine too and if not then alcohol is a good cheat.
    DD Christmas 2010

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!

I also just went back to read the LE-diet FAQ (again!) and it is ind of relieving to see that I won't have to eat just plain pasta or rice. It's so easy to be afraid of everything, newbie as I am.

But are tomatoes ok? Maybe I'm mixing things up with the IG-diet. If I make a tomato sauce for my pasta at home, should I use fresh or canned tomatoes?

About cutting the calories down I think I'll be able to manage quite well ("unfortunately" after 15 years still quite able to quickly identify no no:s due to earlier eating disorder problems) and I also use an application (life sum) to log everything I eat and drink. It's mostly about the nutritions and good/bad types of food I'm still pretty confused. I started out at in-gender and first planned on doing that diet, but changed my mind reading here. But that first information is still in my head and I guess I might risk to mix them up.
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    Oh and white wine within your calorie limits is fine too and if not then alcohol is a good cheat.
    Sounds great! Going to a party on saturday and would really like to have a glass of wine or two :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    But are tomatoes ok? Maybe I'm mixing things up with the IG-diet. If I make a tomato sauce for my pasta at home, should I use fresh or canned tomatoes?
    I got my DD (non sway) while on a vegetarian low calorie, low protein, low fat diet eating lots of traditional boy foods. Tomatoes every day, peanut butter and banana bagels, avocado and tomato on oat cakes. So I do believe that there are no magic foods

I use tinned tomatoes when I make tomato sauce but either would be fine

I don't think atomic recommends counting calories if you have had an eating disorder before. Maybe you should check with her what would be best in your situation. And well done on beating it. I hope you get your DD
    DD Christmas 2010

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    I got my DD (non sway) while on a vegetarian low calorie, low protein, low fat diet eating lots of traditional boy foods. Tomatoes every day, peanut butter and banana bagels, avocado and tomato on oat cakes. So I do believe that there are no magic foods

I use tinned tomatoes when I make tomato sauce but either would be fine

I don't think atomic recommends counting calories if you have had an eating disorder before. Maybe you should check with her what would be best in your situation. And well done on beating it. I hope you get your DD
    Thanks! I feel that the eating disorder thing is really not a problem anymore. For the latest 10 years I have been having a healthy approach to my body and food and try to eat and exercise with the aim to stay healthy, not skinny. :-)

I have been dieting after the eating problems though (after pregnancies etc) and did not get problems so I feel quite safe in doing this for a while. But I also realize that having had the problem is always a risk and I keep it in mind. The positive side is that I am quite aware of what to eat/not eat for lowering the calories...

About the tomatoes - if I can have tomatosauce now and then it would be a lot easier to figure out what to cook!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this thread because I do exactly the same thing with eating out with some clients ect, or coffee shops which are easier but then you're still surrounded by cakes! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All foods are allowed on LE Diet - there are no forbidden foods. –http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ood-guide.html Some alternatives are a soup/salad combo or an appetizer(starter) instead of an entree.

Sushi is great cheat on LE, shellfish, white fleshed fish. Or you can get a vegetarian entree or salad but just as you say many times those are very chock full of good stuff.

Another strategy is to sudennly find yourself very full and have to take the remainder in a doggie bag for dinner.

Yes you can have wine but you do need to count in totals for the day.

Why can't you have soy? Do you mean soy sauce?? That is fine!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES tomatoes are allowed!!!

The ONLY reason tomatoes were ever "forbidden" on any sway diet is that they have a lot of potassium, and in the mineral balancing diets they were not only trying to limit potassium, but also drinking a ton of dairy which already had potassium in it. So to keep from going over on their limits, they had to drop all other foods containing potassium.

LE Diet has no limitations on potassium and we can't drink unlimited dairy anyway because we will go over on calories, fat, and protein intake. Thus it is IMPERATIVE to include the potassium rich foods like tomato, potato, banana, other fruit/veg because you can't get enough potassium on LE Diet without them. If you do not get enough potassium, you can make yourself very ill or even die. So please do not avoid potassium foods on LE Diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast