Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Walking as exercise - how fast is enough?

I have recently added exercise and have walked 60 min for five days now. It makes me a bit tired and I "feel it" in my legs afterwards but it's nothing close to when I used to go spinning (rpm) or running in terms of sweating and pulse. I can't really do that now so I was hoping that walks would be enough but no get a bit doubtful if it is enough to be considered exercise?

I walk at the speed 7 km/hour (would be around 4 miles/hour). Would this be ok or is it to be considered moderate? Planning on doing it 6 days a week.
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, would also add in another question about skipping breakfast.

Have I understood it correct that it the skipped breakfast in itself isn't the magic bullet, it's the hours of fasting that counts?

When adding my walks I just realized that it is impossible for me to go until lunch without eating, even too hard to go until 10. I finish dinner at the latest 6 pm, then go walking for an hour at 7-8 pm and go to bed almost hungry. In the morning a have coffee and at 9 am I am starving!

Would it be ok to eat at this point and still get the benefits of fasting in terms of sway benefits? Or should I add an extra meal/delay dinner and try to eat nothing before lunch?
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Marika

It doesnt matter what time you eat, its fasting for 14-16 hours that counts. If you finish your dinner at 6pm and then dont eat again until 9am, you have fasted for 15 hours which is great. For a long time I only managed 14 hours (dinner at 8pm and then breakfast 10/10.30am), then I pushed it gradually so that now its 16 hours. It has taken a long time to get to this point so you are doing really well by the sound of it - well done

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the exact same questions...lol..I'll be following this thread carefully

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the exercise, you really want to be working up a sweat. You should be able to do the entire 60 minutes but feel tired and be sweaty at the end. You do want your heart rate to be up. If you are doing the treadmill at 4mph I would think that is good. I was doing that for a while and it was indeed tiring.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you're doing sounds great! I'll second what Rosie said. Although, don't obsess over/watch your heart rate. Some women think they need to hit 140+ bpm, and freak out if they drop below this... that is SO Martha! Just make sure you sweat, that it's challenging, but that you can keep it up for an hour, and that you get in your 5-7 days per week!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is FINE to just walk without exhausting yourself. You don't need to aim for a certain speed or heart rate and in fact I don't even want you guys to think about that kind of stuff because it's the detail oriented type of thing that can send T levels (or whatever it is that sways in the Mary-Martha department) thru the roof.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    With the exercise, you really want to be working up a sweat. You should be able to do the entire 60 minutes but feel tired and be sweaty at the end. You do want your heart rate to be up. If you are doing the treadmill at 4mph I would think that is good. I was doing that for a while and it was indeed tiring.
    If people can do it, that's great, but at the same time I don't want anyone to leave out exercise if all they can do is walk, yk? I think that everyone should get out there and do SOMETHING for 60 min in one block, even if they can't run or get their heart rate up.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    Oh, would also add in another question about skipping breakfast.

Have I understood it correct that it the skipped breakfast in itself isn't the magic bullet, it's the hours of fasting that counts?

When adding my walks I just realized that it is impossible for me to go until lunch without eating, even too hard to go until 10. I finish dinner at the latest 6 pm, then go walking for an hour at 7-8 pm and go to bed almost hungry. In the morning a have coffee and at 9 am I am starving!

Would it be ok to eat at this point and still get the benefits of fasting in terms of sway benefits? Or should I add an extra meal/delay dinner and try to eat nothing before lunch?
    The only goal to reach for is that you're going longer without food coming in, than you were. There is no set number of hours and as long as you're going longer than you used to, it's all good for a pink sway.

Keep in mind too, that if you are miserable the whole time and thinking about food constantly, it sets you up to cheat and even may undermine your sway by having it require such a superhuman level of effort and attention that it sends T levels (or whatever) skyrocketing

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The only goal to reach for is that you're going longer without food coming in, than you were. There is no set number of hours and as long as you're going longer than you used to, it's all good for a pink sway.

Keep in mind too, that if you are miserable the whole time and thinking about food constantly, it sets you up to cheat and even may undermine your sway by having it require such a superhuman level of effort and attention that it sends T levels (or whatever) skyrocketing
    I am for sure snacking a lot less now than I did when conceiving the boys. I usually had breakfast first thing in the morning so even waiting 1 hour is a challenge for me :-) Thanks for relaxing advice, I really need them to not go martha maniac here! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast