Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an easier diet?

Help! I simply CAN NOT survive on the darn IG diet!

I do love plain rice cakes, strawberries, raspberries with Equal, light yogurt and chicken, but that's about it. Come to think of it, that's pretty much all the IG diet consists of. Ugh. I need a little more variety.

What about cheese? My fave thing is cheddar cheese. I've seen the boy swayers talk about how they miss cheese. Well, if they can't have it, doesn't that mean we CAN?

Let's see...what else? Oh, COKE! I'm completely addicted to regular Coke. I have a question about this. Does regular Coke sway boy? I would think not since it (correct me if I'm wrong) is acidifying to the body. And what about the caffeine? I'm starting to wonder if caffeine only matters for the man and not for us. I mean, he's the one who has the sperm. Seems like they would go faster is HE has caffeine but if we do I don't see how it could effect the sperm.

Of course I like salty things like Saltine crackers which are a big no-no.

Please, please, if there are other things (besides the things that are on that wretchid IG diet) that I can have that are Ok for swaying girl, please post them here!!!!

Thanks!
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pasta with unsalted butter and parmesan cheese, poptarts, low fat low sodium cheeses. Those are some of the things I like on the diet. Caffeine free diet colas. I personally drink coffee in the morning because I need some caffeine to keep me going and it helps me skip breakfast. I am sure there are many more great food options as well but my head is spinning enough just sticking with the basics. Good luck.
    2006 2007 2009 due May 2012
    BFP at 11 dpo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the French diet is slightly more flexible, and still has good success rates

as for cheese - it contains dairy (which is good) but unfortunately most also contain lots of sodium (which is bad)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    diet caffine free coke and decaff coffee are the 2 things that are helping me through this and i havent even done a full month and wont be ttc til July but lets hope we will be only on the diet for a short time and have a pink bundle, then we can eat all the foods we have missed

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know that we could have poptarts! Is there a certain flavor or are any of them ok? It's so exciting when you find a new food on the diet!
    12/2006 2/2009 1/2010 11/2010 9/2011 12/2011

Baby Boy #4! Can't wait to meet our little Pumpkin!!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you check out the low everything diet in the members forum it has alot more flexibility than ig diet or as someone else suggested the French diet, there's also information about it in the members forum. Unfortunately the diet is boring so hopefully you won't have to do it for long!!!,

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm quite enjoying the low-everything diet as it doesn't specify certain foods (well, there are certain rules about what's best to eat and what you should avoid but it isn't completely prescriptive!). I drink a couple of coffees each days and a fair bit of caffeine free diet coke and I'm having a few sweet treats which makes it MUCH easier to stick to!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the members forum? Is that the private section?

Thanks ladies.
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea it is, click on the pink link at the top left hand corner of the screen, there is a small charge

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by annabel♥lee View Post
    Help! I simply CAN NOT survive on the darn IG diet!

I do love plain rice cakes, strawberries, raspberries with Equal, light yogurt and chicken, but that's about it. Come to think of it, that's pretty much all the IG diet consists of. Ugh. I need a little more variety.

What about cheese? My fave thing is cheddar cheese. I've seen the boy swayers talk about how they miss cheese. Well, if they can't have it, doesn't that mean we CAN?

Let's see...what else? Oh, COKE! I'm completely addicted to regular Coke. I have a question about this. Does regular Coke sway boy? I would think not since it (correct me if I'm wrong) is acidifying to the body. And what about the caffeine? I'm starting to wonder if caffeine only matters for the man and not for us. I mean, he's the one who has the sperm. Seems like they would go faster is HE has caffeine but if we do I don't see how it could effect the sperm.

Of course I like salty things like Saltine crackers which are a big no-no.

Please, please, if there are other things (besides the things that are on that wretchid IG diet) that I can have that are Ok for swaying girl, please post them here!!!!

Thanks!
    Yes, in the Dream Members section you will find the French Gender diet and also my Low-Everything diet for pink (which is a work in progress but I just updated it today with a bunch of new meal ideas.)

There is also the possibility of just going vegetarian/vegan for pink - that's a totally viable option and does def. sway pink.

1)Cheese - yes, I believe cheese in very small moderation is ok for a pink sway but try to stick to 40-50 g of protein a day and cheese also has a lot of sodium. Try to stick to the less salty options like swiss because it's best to get 700-1000 mg of sodium a day, no more. Cheddar is prob. too salty.

2)Coke is fine for TTC pink and is allowed on my Low-Everything diet as long as you're getting 1500-1800 cals a day, no more. It is not allowed on other diets though. The reason is because it may cause your body to leach calcium.

3)I just bought some "Hint of salt" Wheat Thins and Trisciuts and they are actually really really good. I thought they were better than the original versions.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast