Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Am I the only who gets so jealous of others who get a daughter?

Hi

Would be nice to hear that I'm not the one who gets jealous from others happiness.

I feel very mean and guilty for it. Good friends of mine first got the son they wanted and have just found out they are expecting a daughter now. I was happy for them but at the same time I kind of resented them and didn't like them for a bit. I know it's silly but I can't help it.
    When I find out friends and family are expecting I want them to have sons only because that's all I have.

I'm rubbish at swaying and just can't eat hardly nothing. I don't know what supplements me and DP should be taking. I think I am feeling that what ever I do isn't going to work and I will never have a daughter.

I do really love my boys, it's the thought of never having a daughter that gets me upset.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are in the right place. We have all felt the same. This is a great place to vent and get good info. If its easier there are sway plans specifically tailored to you that you can purchase. this is a great option if you don't feel like doing the leg work. You sound kinda deflated so think this could b a great option for you.
    Good luck

Oh, and to sway you can eat a reasonable amount of calories. It's not hardly anything. There are great diet/food/meal ideas in the members section on ttc girl
    Last edited by HopeandDreamG; February 17th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the exact same way! Every one around me is having girls or has their boy, girl pair. It doesn't help that two girls I'm not too found of just had a girls and found out she is having a girl. (this burns me inside). I try so hard to just change myself so I don't feel ugly. For example those girls I don't like I tell myself that I'm happy for them and they deserve happiness too, they also deserve their girls. I also sit and tell myself why all these girls that are having girls are blessed, I'm just as blessed if not more because I have two boys that are obsessed with me, a husband that is head over heels in love with me, and a beautiful stable family. A lot of these girls I know don't have this. Which I pray one day they will but why am I so down and jealous if I'm blessed with so much to be happy with.
    I'm literally am crying as I type this. I pray all day that I'm blessed with a girl but I think I'm suffering GD before I even tried to get pregnant. I trying to come to terms that I will never have my girl.
    I'm scared to let myself want a girl so bad. But I'm also scared that if I conveince myself it will be a boy but then feel that I will give myself that if I keep thinking that. (I'm a big fan of THE SECRET, if any one knows what that is, pretty much the law of attraction.) So then I think I need to just picture myself with a little girl and truly believe I will have her next but once again I get scared to let myself want it so bad.
    I hate being jealous of others it's a horrible feeling. I guess all I can do is pray!
    9 3

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by retrolove1 View Post
    When I find out friends and family are expecting I want them to have sons only because that's all I have.

I do really love my boys, it's the thought of never having a daughter that gets me upset.

I feel the exact same way
    9 3

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Within the three years that I had my third boy there were seven friends and family members I know that started out with two boys and went on to have a girl. I a was literally the only one out of eight to have a boy. I don't know if this is a comfort to you but as much as I still long to have a daughter the jelousy has greatly subsided for me. I do want a daughter badly but (I know this is going to sound hokey) I don't want THEIR daughter I want MY daughter so I remind myself that either I am going to have my DD or she never was meant to be but either way no one on this planet is raising MY daughter so there less to be jelous about. I know that is weird thinking but if you knew me IRL...I'm just a weird gal I guess. God Bless and I hope you find comfort on this site and from those around you, no one should have to suffer in pain alone and on here you are not alone!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the replies.

HopeanddreamG- I would like purchase the personalised plan but DP isn't too sure about it. I can do a good sway (if doing it correct) during the week but at the weekend I snack too much.

Inshallah- I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel exactly the same. When are you going to TTC? I also find that some family's seen to already have it all and still get their girl. I have booked myself in with a psychic too. Saw a psychic 2 years ago who said I will have a girl so want to see if a different person will say the same. Not sure if I believe in that or not but at the moment will try anything.

Polishprincess- thank you and you are right. Did your GD going away or are you swaying towards a girl currently? Did you sway on your previous pregnancies?

Xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, retrolove!
    Don't feel guilty, don't feel ashamed! All swayers for either sex have been in the jealousy spot and like the other girls said, this is the ideal place to vent your feelings.
    I have been cured of the "girl" jealousy the hard way.
    I have a six-year-old boy and last July I lost a five-month pregnancy with DS #2. I had to deliver him stillborn.
    I thought the moment I learnt he was a boy was the unhappiest day in my life, till I found that the unhappiest day in my life was the day I was announced I had lost him. Since then, I am not swaying anymore. We want to begin our attempt in about two weeks and I can wholeheartedly assure you that I'll be ecstatic if I can welcome a healthy boy that is born and lives and is healthy.
    I can no longer understand why I found girls so much nicer than boys. Ever since this devastating loss, I have taken more to boys and almost hate myself for ever thinking that I would have loved a girl more than the tiny angel I lost.
    I am no longer jealous of my all-girl friends. I appreciate the fact that I have one lovely boy and have learnt to appreciate the sweetness and uncomplication of boys. I have not gone to the point of saying that I would not welcome a girl, on the opposite. I have learnt not to have expectations about a baby and rather appreciate the enormous privilege of being granted the blessing of carrying a life in your womb, especially since getting pregnant has been an uphill journey for me. The last three years I have had two miscarriages, a molar pregnancy and a stillbirth.
    I think your secret yearning is quite legitimate, but when you have been in my place you sober up and really appreciate whatever gender your baby is.
    Me for one, I would give all the girls in the world not to have lost my little boy.
    I just wanted to share my experience with you. But till seven months back, I remember I was so jealous of my friends with girls that I could hardly stand meeting them. I swooned at the sight of Hello Kitty things and pretty girls in pink. I could hardly take girls off my head!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply Pink carol.

That is why I feel so guilty for resenting people with girls because I'm am extremely lucky to have two healthy boys and I am very pleased that they have had a healthy baby.

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you had to go through and I so hope that you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

I hope my GD will go once I've had DS3 (TTC in April) I guess it's still the fact that I may have a daughter at some point that keeps me GD instead of moving forward.

Xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by inshaallahxx View Post
    I feel the exact same way
    Me too! Exactly the same feelings!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pink carol View Post
    Hi, retrolove!
    Don't feel guilty, don't feel ashamed! All swayers for either sex have been in the jealousy spot and like the other girls said, this is the ideal place to vent your feelings.
    I have been cured of the "girl" jealousy the hard way.
    I have a six-year-old boy and last July I lost a five-month pregnancy with DS #2. I had to deliver him stillborn.
    I thought the moment I learnt he was a boy was the unhappiest day in my life, till I found that the unhappiest day in my life was the day I was announced I had lost him. Since then, I am not swaying anymore. We want to begin our attempt in about two weeks and I can wholeheartedly assure you that I'll be ecstatic if I can welcome a healthy boy that is born and lives and is healthy.
    I can no longer understand why I found girls so much nicer than boys. Ever since this devastating loss, I have taken more to boys and almost hate myself for ever thinking that I would have loved a girl more than the tiny angel I lost.
    I am no longer jealous of my all-girl friends. I appreciate the fact that I have one lovely boy and have learnt to appreciate the sweetness and uncomplication of boys. I have not gone to the point of saying that I would not welcome a girl, on the opposite. I have learnt not to have expectations about a baby and rather appreciate the enormous privilege of being granted the blessing of carrying a life in your womb, especially since getting pregnant has been an uphill journey for me. The last three years I have had two miscarriages, a molar pregnancy and a stillbirth.
    I think your secret yearning is quite legitimate, but when you have been in my place you sober up and really appreciate whatever gender your baby is.
    Me for one, I would give all the girls in the world not to have lost my little boy.
    I just wanted to share my experience with you. But till seven months back, I remember I was so jealous of my friends with girls that I could hardly stand meeting them. I swooned at the sight of Hello Kitty things and pretty girls in pink. I could hardly take girls off my head!
    Dear pink carol, wow, i could have ticked the 'thank you' button, but that wouldn't do right to what your post means to me. I think you've just pushed me the last bit to be in peace with another boy, if that happens.... The last couple of days I was really thinking about how much i loved my boys and how proud i am of them! Makes me wonder why i really wanted a girl so much. Your post has made me come in peace with another boy! I couldn't thank you enough, it just made me cry...
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast