Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spironolactone for hair loss, TTC Girl

My dermatologist put me on spironolactone yesterday for chronic hair loss. It works by lowering Testosterone, which I know is good while TTC a little girl.
    Anyone know anything about using this as a part of a "sway"? What else should I use with it to help get a bundle of pink in my life?
    I am currently charting BBT, CM, OPKs. We plan to TTC in 3-4 months after I can accurately predict O (we will use cut-off/Shettle's Method).

Side note about safety: my derm told me that it's okay to take while TTC, but to stop it immediately upon getting a BFP. He told me it lives in the system for just 80 minutes.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you need to get a second opinion because my understanding is you need to be off it 6 weeks. Talk to a pharmacist and your OBGYN.

A couple people have used it as part of successful sways but they took it months in advance of TTC and then came off it prior to pregnancy.

I do not recommend timing intercourse for ttc http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic!
    What would you suggest I take in addition to the Aldactone to regulate my hormones for a little lady? What about foods, douches, lubricants, etc? I know you don't like timing, so it really doesn't matter?
    I talked to my midwife and she said my dosage is low enough to stay on, but to stop RIGHT AWAY when I'm late or think I might be pregnant. I chart like it's my job, so I should know

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you let me know if being on it affects your LP? I was on it for several months back in 2007 and I think it was at least partly responsible for a very short LP during that time (2-6 days!).

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maidentomother - I have heard that it messes up cycles. I'm only on cycle #3 since weaning DS2, and I started the meds halfway through last cycle. I chart pretty thoroughly so I will know if something changes quickly.
    I will let you know

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daydrmbelievr View Post
    Thanks, Atomic!
    What would you suggest I take in addition to the Aldactone to regulate my hormones for a little lady? What about foods, douches, lubricants, etc? I know you don't like timing, so it really doesn't matter?
    I talked to my midwife and she said my dosage is low enough to stay on, but to stop RIGHT AWAY when I'm late or think I might be pregnant. I chart like it's my job, so I should know
    This is the type of stuff that is covered in the essays, there is a link to them in my signature below.

I do not think timing matters one bit!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I have been reading a lot of your comments about RepHresh - I am going to start using that.
    My husband eats like... a man, and there is no changing that.
    I really like what I am reading about RepHresh, and combined with a (somewhat) girl diet, lots of cardio, the Spriolactone I am feeling good about getting my little girl.
    Ahhh, shivers My husband admitted to me that HE has baby fever bad (even though we have a 9 month old napping upstairs). LOL. I have a feeling I'll be TTC very soon!
    Thank you for all of your help!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Good luck with your sway

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Husband doesn't need to follow the diet, so no worries there.

The RepHresh has actually been getting about 50-50 results, so it's not really as effective as we'd hoped. Most peopel do TTC for a few months with it, but end up not getting pregnant and drop it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no! I was really hoping the RepHresh would really help me out.
    Does the AciJel have better results from what you have seen recently? Do you think it's 50/50 because people are giving up on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast