Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Confused, please help!!!

Hello,
    I have read most of the information on here about o+12 and shettles and am totally confused as to which option to go with. we have two boys and i was not really mointoring my cycle then so am not sure if they were conceived before or right on ovulation! i have been on the strict diet for 9 weeks (and really on and off since January), taking supps etc and we are getting close to our attempt. I am taking clomid due to developing PCO.
    I was planning on doing o+12 with a seven day abstain as i had been reading mainly information from the IG site and this seemed to be the way to go, though i just found this site and it seems maybe a three day cut off is better!
    i do not really have enough time to abstain for 7-10days for a three day cut off, though was wondering if this is the better option if i should get my husband to do frequent release (twice a day) until then or just keep abstaining from now and go for 0+12. Any advice appreciated!!! Also what a great site with so much helpful information!!! thanks thanks thanks

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi mjm,
    I think on this site it's more a case of you choose what suits you!! Form what I remember from reading o+12 is ok if you're quite young. I'm going a cut off with frequent release and I think once a day is fine for releasing. The number of days cut off depends on what quickly you want to get pregnant. I personally think timing is the least important thing and I want to keep up all the others things like diet so I want to make sure I get pregnant as quickly as possible. Good luck and that site is fab with loads of laid back advice!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mjm77 View Post
    Hello,
    I have read most of the information on here about o+12 and shettles and am totally confused as to which option to go with. we have two boys and i was not really mointoring my cycle then so am not sure if they were conceived before or right on ovulation! i have been on the strict diet for 9 weeks (and really on and off since January), taking supps etc and we are getting close to our attempt. I am taking clomid due to developing PCO.
    I was planning on doing o+12 with a seven day abstain as i had been reading mainly information from the IG site and this seemed to be the way to go, though i just found this site and it seems maybe a three day cut off is better!
    i do not really have enough time to abstain for 7-10days for a three day cut off, though was wondering if this is the better option if i should get my husband to do frequent release (twice a day) until then or just keep abstaining from now and go for 0+12. Any advice appreciated!!! Also what a great site with so much helpful information!!! thanks thanks thanks
    I like a cutoff better because my experience has been that very few people ever get pg from O+12 and it's so hard to do that a lot of people end up DTD on O anyway. Having your husband switch to frequent release, or even just abstaining to the cutoff and then have him release once, throw that batch away, and then DTD again as soon as he is able, will still give you low sperm numbers to work with.

You gotta go with your gut on this - I would say that if you're on Clomid (which sways pink in a big way anyway) the entire idea of timing may need to go out the window completely because on Clomid, you MUST get pg as quick as you can. If you're on it for longer than 6 months (and MANY women trying to do O+12 take longer than 6 months to get pg) it in effect acts as a birth control pill because your uterine lining becomes incapable of supporting a pregnancy.

I would take Clomid plus diet any day of the week and twice on Sunday over timing!! You are poised for a great sway, the devil is in the details...don't let timing stand in the way of what is already shaping up to be a fab attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by swish View Post
    Hi mjm,
    I think on this site it's more a case of you choose what suits you!! Form what I remember from reading o+12 is ok if you're quite young. I'm going a cut off with frequent release and I think once a day is fine for releasing. The number of days cut off depends on what quickly you want to get pregnant. I personally think timing is the least important thing and I want to keep up all the others things like diet so I want to make sure I get pregnant as quickly as possible. Good luck and that site is fab with loads of laid back advice!!!
    O+12 is better for those under 30, than it is for older gals, it is true. But I also don't like O+12 for a variety of other reasons - I think it's just too hard to get pg that way even for young women, if you get it wrong you end up DTD on O, and also because it's so hard to do and takes so much practice and thought and concentration that it ends up raising testosterone in a big way.

Re frequent release - Once a day is usu. fine for releasing but she doesn't have 7-10 days in advance. If you have less than 7-10 days in advance of a cutoff, you can also have your husband release twice a day, and/or have him release two times the day of your attempt, dumping the first batch and using the second.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank-you so much ladies for the lovely and quick responses!!! Feel much better about it all now and think i may lean towards the cut off. This is my first month on clomid and am 34 years old, so do not want to be on it for too long. I am also looking forward to eating food again!!!!