Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Need opionions please!?

Hi guys!!
    I am newer to this site and have ONE question.. hoping to get all your insights..

I am swaying girl. (I have two boys already).
    I am doing the LE diet (about two months)
    Saw Palmetto/Baby aspirin/ Calcium/Probiotics/antihistamine/Repfresh/Pep tea/SYLK
    Cardio every day 60 min 6 days week.
    Hubby is doing the Licorice Root.
    Abstaining (10-14 days)

Last month we tried to DTD 4 times TTC 3 days before ovulation and then on O day. I did not get pregnant..
    Hubby wants to just try this month starting AF straight through to after O. Or at least every other day (sperm meet egg plan)
    I will still be doing all the above sway things.. my question is:

Is DTD every day or every other day a good idea? I know that I should be trying to aim for just doing it ONCE but I'm concerned I will not get pregnant withal the other things I am doing.

Also side note.. my last son was conceived with us DTD a lot in that month. not sure on exact day in cycle he was conceived but I know it was frequent DTD.

Thanks !!!:

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think probiotics aren't recommended for pink???!? And atomic has an essay on calcium you might want to read.

Most of us DTD once at pos opk. It does work! I got PG with one attempt in March but unfortunately had a miscarriage.

Goodluck with your sway. 😀
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome robin!

I would also say BD once at +opk - statistics for that shows good results for pink!
    And yes, you can get pregnant - I just got pregnant with one BD 1 day before o.

And just like Mum said, probiotics aren't great for pink sways, but used for blue.

Good luck!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick with the one attempt, SMEP sways blue.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would do one attempt. I got pregnant in May with only one attempt and it was only our 2nd month ttc. It's a very strong sway factor I wouldn't drop.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh man I was unaware probiotics swayed boy. Ill stop using right away!
    Yes that's my exact thoughts.. to just do it once.. but wasn't sure if that what everyone on here swaying for girls are doing.
    So I am charting my ovulation and have OPK tests.. do I DTD as soon as I get a positive result? The kit says once positive results ovulation can be anywhere between 8-48 hours? seems very spread out!
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd drop the probiotics FOR SURE, and probably the calcium, as well.

One attempt is DEFINITELY pinker than more. Don't drop one attempt in favor of more just to get pg. Drop the vag (RePhresh and Sylk) potions and antihistimines if it's taking too long to get pg for your tastes.

I know it seems like the +OPK leaves a large window, but it actually gives you the best chances of conception.

On a side note, how old is your DH? Abstaining isn't recommended for older men. It can seriously effect sperm quality. If he's getting frustrated with abstaining, frequent release or even just letting him release on his own aren't bad options.

Good luck! Your choice of LE and exercise are good ones!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great Advice! Thank you.
    Hubby is 30 :-)
    BUT we tend to go long bouts without DTD when were not trying to conceive. he litterly can go months without doing anything (with myself or himself. LOL)
    SOOO maybe it is better to do frequent release?
    If I am ovulating in 8 days (give or take).. should he start FR now?!

Also yes, I think it is the Repfresh that may be making it a bit more tough! But I KNOW that my PH isn't acidic. I think its around 7. I thought that's the ONE thing I shouldn't give up? I don't know its hard to know what to do?!
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Rephresh can definitely impact your ability to conceive. You should be using it every 3 days with the last application no closer than 8-10 hours before your attempt. 12+ hours even better

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drop probiotics right away, we got such terrible results with them it wasn't even funny (60% boys!!) and now use them only for blue sways.

You can't do both SP and peppermint tea. It has to be one or the other.

I personally think you need to stop and think about this plan before you go to SMEP. Our stats which I feel to be the most reliably compiled of any sway site, show VERY clearly that one attempt is vastly superior to many of the sway tactics that you are planning to keep. So basically you are trading something that has gotten consistently above 70% (and often above 75% - our stats go up and down by the month, you see) for things that have had barely more than 50-50 and that drastically inhibit conception. Seriously, you guys may as well have been taking birth control pills with that strict a sway. To do all that stuff and then deduce that "we can't get pg with one attempt" doesn't add up.

The jellies RepHResh and Sylk have gotten identical results both using them and not using them, indicating that they are doing nothing. Drop the jellies right now. Not working and really loering odds of conception by a lot.

Timing has been totally debunked and it really lowers odds of conception considerably. above all else you have GOT to lose timing. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...9-no-12-a.html

My advice is, drop the abstain right now. (barely better than 50-50) If you won't drop it, then please do the 7-10 day abstain that we recommend rather than such a long abstain. Longer abstains are not more successful than shorter ones and I've seen boys conceived from abstains so long that they were ridiculous.

Now. You don't necessarily have to drop to one attempt (altho I'd love to see you guys give it at least a month with one attempt, since you really haven't even TRIED it yet). But I BEG you, do not go to SMEP, DTD every other day, or BD thru O yet (BD thru O actually doesn't ahve that great a chance of conception anyway and so you aren't even gaining yourself anything anyway). You are going to totally undermine yourself with that. Can you still get a girl, yes, you always have a chance at one but I want you to be in with a good chance based on the best info we have.

Options:

Have husband release on his own or with you, with a condom, every 4 days. Then go for one attempt at pos OPK. (best odds of pink, lower odds of conception - but still a heck of a lot better than what you have going on right now)

Forget abstain, forget timing, DTD every 4 days. This averages out to be about one attempt in fertile window for most people. (compromise)

OR DTD unprotected every 4 days, PLUS one additional attempt at pos OPK. (still good odds of pink - 2 attempts has about 65% pink right now - best odds of conception)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast