Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveSunshine View Post
    Thank you!

Well I promised no more questions but I have some extra info today...
    I measured DH's sperm ph today and it was about 8 - is that very bad?? Do I need to try and lower it?

I measured mine on my last day of CM (unaware it was about to go) and it was 4, which I was pleased about until I read atomics essay about ph lol!
    Thanks again!
    8 is totally normal and fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
    YOur pH of 4 is probably not accurate and again I wouldn't worry about it, I got a boy with pH of 4.5 LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again, you really are so kind to help me so much, and it's all very clear now!
    Well I am officially off contraception, woop! So please wish me pink luck

My only concern is that DH has only been taking OLE for a week as it's when I managed to get hold of it...what do you think about that?!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh yes if you were testing while on contraception then your pH will be super low but it doesn't mean anything. It's always very low when you're not fertile.

I think a week is better than nothing.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't take the pill after giving birth as according to my gynaecologist this can increase the chances of twins.

I will track ph this month out of curiosity anyway, all this reading and learning got me curious!

By the time I ovulate he will have taken OLE for about 3 weeks. Plus it took us one year to conceive our DS so I doubt we will conceive on our first attempt!
    Last edited by CattyPad; August 19th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I would wait until you have been on the LE diet strictly for AT LEAST a month, preferably 2-3 months, before TTC. Stop taking the magnesium and cranberry, just take folic acid daly and Sudafed (or Zyrtec is better if it is enough to dry out you EWCM) if on the day you BD you have lots of EWCM still. And if you want to improve your sway even more, add 1+ hpur of cardio exercise 6+days a week.

I also think just one attempt at positive OPK -OR- sex every 4 days are best, but 2 attempts (an extra one at positve OPK in addition to every 4 days) is not such a good idea and can sway boy.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes age can trump being on diet X number of months because it may very well be that a person doesn't get pg the first month of trying and they end up with that long on diet anyway. I don't want to end up with the situation where a 37 year old person feels like they need to diet for 3 months before TTC and then ends up taking another 3-6 months to get pregnant - and possiby by that point has lost too much weight and stopped ovulation. We have to err on the side of conception for those over 35 and esp. 37 and up

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - I can absolutely see not wanting to wait 3 months at 37 - bc yes, you have less time the older you get, and thank you for bringing up the age factor- but you don't think even just a month (or maybe 6 weeks) is worth it?

LoveSunshine - I guess one thing to ask yourself is would you rather have another baby (or two), even if it's a boy, or do you want the best shot at a girl even if perhaps you get no child at all? I.e. is nothing better than another boy? Though I think at 37 it's not quite so dire - at 40 I wouldn't wait at all, but I would, a little, at 37. Obviously, I am not you and only you can decide that. Just something to think about.
    Last edited by maidentomother; August 19th, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't Atomic say women shouldn't be taking Sudafed at all & should stick with Zyrtec or Claritin? I thought I'd seen that around here somewhere.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sudafed can be dangerous if you have any heart issues, that's why Zyrtec is a safer bet.

My Ovulation Chart

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Atomic - I can absolutely see not wanting to wait 3 months at 37 - bc yes, you have less time the older you get, and thank you for bringing up the age factor- but you don't think even just a month (or maybe 6 weeks) is worth it?

LoveSunshine - I guess one thing to ask yourself is would you rather have another baby (or two), even if it's a boy, or do you want the best shot at a girl even if perhaps you get no child at all? I.e. is nothing better than another boy? Though I think at 37 it's not quite so dire - at 40 I wouldn't wait at all, but I would, a little, at 37. Obviously, I am not you and only you can decide that. Just something to think about.

I definitely want another baby, we only have one child and we know we want two for sure. We are definitely ready to go now! Nervous but excited!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast