Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why ignore the vinegar douche?

Looking at the chart that I was finally able to view the statistics show that the most consistent factor is the vinegar douche, by so much more than the LE diet. So why do so many people keep chanting 'diet is the biggest factor' when your own statistics show such a substantial sway factor. Is there a thread somewhere when all the women using vinegar douches had a MC or something?

Why is this being left out and not mentioned anymore?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I've read here and my own personal belief I don't think ph sways. Also with regards to the stats there is so many other factors in play. Those figures are not based on just the vinegar douching alone, those people were possibly doing the LE diet and exercise as well which sways way more the the douching. Also it may have been that less people done the douching than the diet and another factor to get their girls but that figure is off because say 8/10 were douching got girls (as well as doing the diet etc which actually swayed) so that effectively 80% but that not accurate for just douching, but then 60/100 people got a girl on the LE diet that swayed them to get girls but as there were more people on it it seems that the figures are lower, If that makes sense?
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Argh hopefully someone can explain it better than me! Sorry I know what im trying to say
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I think I understand. However if the reason why the diet sways is unknown. They just suggest it because 'it have been seen to work, even if we don't know why the statistics show it' then it stands to reason that perhaps it isn't the PH that makes the vinegar douche work but something else about it. What I am saying is, why is everyone so quick to dismiss the vinegar but not dimiss the diet. If both work well without us knowing then you would think they would support both.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully atomic will answer this at some point, but I know on the "other site" everyone was really into vinegar douching and if I recall there was some correlation to higher ectopic/miscarriage/yeast infection rates without much benefit. I know the stats look wonky but that's such a tiny sample size it's hard to get much information from a sample that tiny.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the answer I was looking for. I knew surely there must be a reason for it. I sure would like to see the study or statistics that showed that ectopic/miscarriage/yeast infection rate in correlation to that treatment. . Especially since all three of those things are completely different issues.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vaginal douching and the risk of ectopic... [Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI (study about douching and ectopic pregnancy), and as far as yeast infections go I think it's altering your ph can cause yeast infections, but I'm not 100% sure. It might not be related to miscarriage in particular, I might be remembering wrong. Apologies if I added further confusion to the issue but I wanted to give you an answer to mull over in the meantime while you wait for atomic's official correct answer.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can also kill all the sperm and the you won't get pregnant.

It can also make you really stressed and we are pretty sure that sways blue.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you look at the stats only 16 sways incorporated the douche, that's not a lot of data to go on in comparison to the diet.
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I'd seen somewhere about douching and miscarriage or ectopic but didn't want to quote until I'd found it so glad bluebonnet has put link up.
    Last edited by foxymrsg; August 9th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast