Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Timing

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Timing

How important is the whole timing? I was planning on a one off attempt with a 2-3 day cut off but i still havent ovulated yet im normaly so regular but i think the miscarage has made my cycle a bit off. I normaly get a fade in on my opks and its not even stared to do that yet its so frustrating. Any way we bd on cycle day 11 but i decided to bd again last night just incase i ovulate in the next couple of days. Im 36 and feel time is not on my side. Do you think it will be ok

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you ovulated yet? If it's not for a couple of days and you planned a 2 day cut off, it sounds good!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No ovulation as yet ive just done my 1st opk of the day and i have a slight line so im hoping i will get a + either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I will test again at 3 and then again at 7. im a bit of a peeonastick addict and stock up on loads of opks online

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few studies I've read recently say that without a long cut off youre more likely to be pregnant but no more likely to have a boy even if you dtd on ov day its still roughly 50-50 (without swaying). I wouldn't worry about it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read in some studies lately that a girl is more likely during your highly fertile days (which I take to be O day and the day or two beforehand) - I think Atomic is probably right when she says that so many studies have come to different conclusions or no conclusions that it probably doesn't matter at all, so long as you're doing other things to lower fertility like lowering pH, using gels, taking antihistimines and regular BDing or abstaining. I'm actually thinking of BDing every day with a condom and having a one off attempt with my first +OPK, which should be a 1 day cut off or thereabouts. I like your theory rainbowflower of that being close enough to O to get pregnant but long enough for the Rephresh to do its thing!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zana I agree that if timing really swayed more studies would show a stronger link. Perhaps Shettles did find something that swayed in his study but maybe it was the lack of female big O (or anything else he advised) instead and he assumed it was the cut off?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ... or a cut off simply means that fertility is lowered as some sperm will have died before O. I believe he also recommended regular BDing. I'm amazed by just how many people and websites in general still go with the Shettles theory, since his theory has been disproven!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was decreased fertility causing the sway with a cut off wouldn't the other studies testing the cut off theory have found the link too? so imo that can't be the factor that swayed in this study... I agree it's surprising that some places still imply that it's a key swaying factor and maybe it's wrong to be encouraging it so much when the unbiased evidence so strongly finds no truth to it.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you ladies. Yesterday i had some very slight spoting so im wondering if it because i have ovulated and just missed the surge on the opks. I am going to try the temping for the next cycle but i wake up during the night to see to the little ones so i dont know if it will just confuse me more

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    Zana I agree that if timing really swayed more studies would show a stronger link. Perhaps Shettles did find something that swayed in his study but maybe it was the lack of female big O (or anything else he advised) instead and he assumed it was the cut off?
    Shettles advised a lot of things that could possibly sway, like shallow penetration, lack of female O, and abstinence. Plus vinegar douche. We have no idea which of these things did the swaying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast