Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can exercise delay o?

Since DS 2 was born my cycles have been very regular (Ov between day 14-17, 13 day LP) whereas before ds2 they were 60+ days. My LMP was june 22 And I started 60 mins cardio July 1st. Im now on cd 38 which is really long for me. I'm not on any other supps. I've been on LE since the beginning of June. I lost 3 lbs that first week of cardio but have held steady since.

My thermometer broke cd 12, and it's a nice expensive glass one with a warranty so the company sent me a replacement that just got here last week. I also had my thyroid meds adjusted last week. So between the new thermometer and the thyroid med change I don't think I can reliably compare my temps from cd1-12 to the temps I am having now. I am getting almost positive opks for the last 5 days(which is also not unusual for me)

So did exercise alone mess with o? It's so frustrating waiting day after day having no idea if or when I ovulated or when AF will come!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, exercise can def delay O!
    Hope you'll catch that ***egg, soon!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought so!! Grr. Well at least I can take comfort in the fact that exercise is affecting my body!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, exercise can mess with when you get ovulation but so can switching aroudn your thyroid medication.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello..I had the same issue..I planned to lose those extra lbs before I start TTC again...I did lose about 15lbs...( Mix of Cardio and Strength) with No carb diet for 2 months..
    But now my cycle is all messed up. I was regular 30-32 day cycle..but my last period was after 45 days and am still waiting for my Ovulation...( I am not able to tract the day). I went to my OBGYN, she did blood work for hormonal balance- All reports normal including Thyroid...but I am still not sure..about the date when I will ovulate..
    I started with my BOY sway- with HE diet recommended and the Supplements- Evening Primrose Oil Tabs, Vit D3 ( I am deficient of that), Pottassium 99mg, Fish oil and Prenatal (Which has Folic acid). Should I wait for my cycle to start the Boy diet and supplements? I am TTC boy around October this year...but not sure..when i am on track or not...Any recommendations or suggestions of what else I can do?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    newbee - have you considered fertility acupuncture? It sways blue and seems to help bring on ovulation for some.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was eating paleo (similar to HE) and doing weights and less cardio and taking all my supps my periods finally regulated and were "normal" with ovulation at CD14-16 and a 13 day LP. Maybe lighten up on the exercise?
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    Hello..I had the same issue..I planned to lose those extra lbs before I start TTC again...I did lose about 15lbs...( Mix of Cardio and Strength) with No carb diet for 2 months..
    But now my cycle is all messed up. I was regular 30-32 day cycle..but my last period was after 45 days and am still waiting for my Ovulation...( I am not able to tract the day). I went to my OBGYN, she did blood work for hormonal balance- All reports normal including Thyroid...but I am still not sure..about the date when I will ovulate..
    I started with my BOY sway- with HE diet recommended and the Supplements- Evening Primrose Oil Tabs, Vit D3 ( I am deficient of that), Pottassium 99mg, Fish oil and Prenatal (Which has Folic acid). Should I wait for my cycle to start the Boy diet and supplements? I am TTC boy around October this year...but not sure..when i am on track or not...Any recommendations or suggestions of what else I can do?
    The HE Diet will help restore your ovulation so YES def. do HE Diet. Hold off on the Evening Primrose till your cycle comes back.

Low carb diets are notorious for stopping ovulation. I do not EVER recommend a low carb diet when TTC, esp. for anyone who wants a boy. Protein + carbs = boys.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't exercise for 3 days and ate chicken at dinner and I think I finally ovulated. on CD 40. ugh!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't think chicken is the best for bringing on ovulation, anyone in this boat I'd go for the full fat dairy 1x a day 4-6 eggs a week, and 1 serving salmon a week instead of chicken. It seems to be the FAT that helps with O, not so much the protein.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast