Thread: one attempt

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

one attempt

We dtd on cd 18 i got a flashy smiley at about 10 am and we dtd at 130pm tested again at 5 pm and another flashy smiley the next day i got a steady smiley. Does the steady smiley mean ovulation has occured? if so ive ended up with about a 1 day cut off dp had a release 4 days prior. How likely could this sway girl. My position was on top no big o for me took zyrtec and asprin that day and used acijel about 20 mins prior also painted my nails 20 mins prior. Couldnt do the le and had been eating a lot that week was on bit of a binge had a big pasta meal the night before ive hardly had much protein at all though and no red.meat in the last 12 weeks apart from the odd burger maybe once a fortnight. I hope i get my little girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Opks only test lutenizing hormone in your urine, which is an indicator you MIGHT ovulate in 8-48 hours. Your body uses lh for other things so you can occasionally get a +OPK and not ovulate! only a rise in basal body temoerature can confirm ovulation. Opks cannot tell you that ovulation has occurred.

What kind of opks are you using? So e clear blue fertility monitors are not designed well, once they detect a certain amount of lh in your system they basically get "stuck" and give you a smiley for the next 2 days even if the lh in your urine drops significantly. It's dumb.

One attempt is getting great results so please don't stress!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't tell if O has occured on the basis of when your monitor turns solid.

I don't play guessing games with people's sways - I have no way of knowing how likely it is that you get a girl. I will just wish you good luck and send pink dust.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You probably will O on CD20-22, so one attempt on CD18 is great. You could have another attempt on CD22 if you want to cover your bases. However, I personally think the diet is just as important as how you BD, if not more so, so I would try to buckle down on the LE in case you don't conceive this cycle, if you really want a girl badly.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period