Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

O+12, PCOS, and Clomid

We are TTC a girl. I have a prescription for Clomid that I will begin taking once I finish my medication to make AF make her appearance. I want to do O+12 but I have PCOS and never have a cycle without medication every 3-4 months. So, I am suppose to know when I ovulate so I can aim for O+12 - O+18?

We have two sons that we conceived naturally. Swaying and praying for a healthy, preferably pink, bundle of joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Legacy....I am not ttc a girl, but I would take opks and track your ovulation for sure, and then give it a go. Are you being monitored on the Clomid for follies? (I am taking it first month coming up myself.) Just from my being on the boards forever I know some about ttc a girl and if I were you, I would not worry about the timing as much because it isn't proven to really be a true sway factor. A lot of people still do the old Shettles timing in their sway, but there are so many opposites with timing alone that Shettles has been disproven. Plus, it becomes so stressful to time it right that it ends up swaying boy because of the stress/challenge of it which raises your testosterone. My advice (if you are just trying to get pg soon and don't want to mess with this for long) is to lower your husband's sperm count with a variety of methods and use an antihistimine to dry your cm up, which the Clomid may do also. Most importantly, I would do the girl diet as best you can!

Good luck and HTH!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great advice from Lola! I know atomic said clonus itself sways pink so to concentrate on getting pregnant quickly and therefore nit to give too much thought to timing. Good luck!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola,
    My clomid has been prescribed by my ob/gyn but there is no monitoring. I will go in on day 21 to have my progesterone(?) level checked but that is it. I wish I would be getting US to check to number of follicles because I really don't want to conceive more than two babies (one, healthy, preferably pink baby is the goal).

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Legacy, the only problem with bloods on CD21 is that they are done under the assumption that you will O on CD14, which I am assuming may not be the case with you? If you are using OPKs to detect O, like Lola mentioned, then you could have your bloods taken 7 dpo (whatever CD that may be) to give you an accurate post O progesterone level.
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will use OPK's. So, I should get my progesterone checked 7 days after a +OPK?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy_19 View Post
    I will use OPK's. So, I should get my progesterone checked 7 days after a +OPK?
    That is what my doctor is doing also....she just gave it to me to take from CD3-7. She said most women ovulate about a week later (usually 5-10 days), so you SHOULD have ovulated by CD21, especially with the Clomid. BUT Bec is totally right, you can just track your O and go in when you are 7dpo. (Just tell them you are CD21, it makes life easier in the fetal dating also.) I am hoping for one baby as well, but if I get two, I'd be happy also (hopefully boys for me!). When do you start taking it?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Legacy, i agree with Bec about going to get your bloods done 7 days after ovulation. The way i tracked this accurately was through temping, when ovulation was confirmed i waited 7 days then went for bloods. I actually ovulated on CD21 so it's different for everyone

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola,
    I am on my third day of provera. So as soon as AF shows, I will take Clomid days 2-6.

Babydee,
    I really don't know what I am suppose to look for when tracking my temps...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You won't neccessarily ovulate the day you get a + OPK so as babydes said, track O through temps. A great website to do this is fertility friend. It has heaps of useful info on it.
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast