Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those who have/had the Mirena IUD..

How long before you were TTC did you get it removed? We are Thinking of starting to try April. I was going to start my hardcore in January. I just don't now if I should get my mirena removed in March? Thanks in advance

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had mine removed in May 2014.

I was having horrible pains and spotting, gained over 30lbs in 8 months and I was BFing for 6 of those months and eating very healthy so it wasnt from my doing. I went to the ER for the pain and the doctor told me he couldnt find the strings for the Mirena, I freaked and told him you have to find it and get it out! Well it migrated out of my cervix and somewhere up near my hip! Doctor finally found it and yanked it out very painful! I had an ultrasound done and was told no damage was done, I have already lost almost 15lbs from May. I started the LE diet June 2nd . it took a while for my body to adjust back to normal. I would say at least maybe 2 months before you will make a BD attempt. But everyone is different. GL
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My gyno has said that when one removes the Mirena they can get pg the next month, but I've done some research and I've read a lot of stories (really scary lot) that had miscarriages when they got pg shortly after removal.
    I think 2-3 months prior BD is the safest.
    Also we must watch out that about 1 week prior removal DH must not ejaculate inside us (sorry TMI) because one may ovulate the day of removal and get preggo immediately...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I waited 3 months before ttc but I would have tried earlier, just wasn't when I wanted to start.

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant with DS2 two weeks after having mine removed and I had a partial placental abruption. Fortunately everything turned out fine but one of the OBs I saw said that anecdotally she sees a lot of miscarriages in pregnancies that happen right after having an IUD removed. She thinks it's because part of how they work is by thinning the lining of your uterus. I would at least give myself a month or two after having it removed before TTC.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both my kids were conceived in the month after the removal of a Mirena. I had healthy and easy pregnancies.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been having people leave it in till the month of attempt, then have it out and try to catch the first egg. It may sway a little bit pink to do that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
    I got pregnant with DS2 two weeks after having mine removed and I had a partial placental abruption. Fortunately everything turned out fine but one of the OBs I saw said that anecdotally she sees a lot of miscarriages in pregnancies that happen right after having an IUD removed. She thinks it's because part of how they work is by thinning the lining of your uterus. I would at least give myself a month or two after having it removed before TTC.
    This may be somewhat true and worth a mention. We were doing BCP as a sway tactic for a while, ahving people deliberately go onto them for a few months and then stopping them to TC (would work similar to the Mirena) and I felt like we had more miscarriages than we "should". Now I only use the tactic for people who are already using them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like having it removed a month before our first attempt will be fine. There is no guarantee that I will get pregnant right away either.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had mine removed January of this year, ready for trying in April. Having said that, we are trying for a blue bundle.
    '01 model (my baby girl forever 5mths '02 model)
    '05 model '10 model '15 model

My gender dreaming success arrived safe July 2015. He is a complete dream come true and an absolutely beautiful little boy.

A huge thank you to Atomic for all her encouragement when I was up against things out of my control and ready to chuck it in. I can never thank you enough. Thank you also to all the other knowledgeable and ever supportive ladies that have helped and encouraged me. I truly believe my dream would not have come true without this site, my boy gender plan and the incredible love and support.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-boy/27056-he-diet-faq.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast