Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My motivation fades away ....... please help!

AF showed up today ..... unfortunately! And I am getting demotivated.

I was quite sure to be pregnant so I was cheating the last days. A lot! I visited my aunt and she was cooking a lot! So had breakfast, I was snacking, I had meat and I did not do any exercise.... I was cheating for the last 5 - 6 days. Shit! But I think it was necessary to keep going on now!!!

Please review my sway. What can I chuck?

- LE diet; no meat; no breakfast; no snacking; 1500 kcal; fibers; empty calories.
    - Some alcohol in the evening.
    - Daily exercising for 60+ min (jogging and biking)
    - Folic acid, vitex and saw palmetto. AF to O

- Hubby tries to go veggie
    - OLE and LR (3 x 450 mg) --> maybe that is too much???

- One attempt
    - I always ovulate in the evening on CD 11. When is the best time to dtd?
    - Zyrtec for me before attempt --> should I leaft that out ?; because due to LE diet I have no CM

- I already chucked the jellies the last time and we did not care about FR or abstaining.

Thanks a million ladies (and atomic )
    Sorry for my bad English! - I am from Austria!!

Ferdinand 7 yrs Leopold 5 yrs
    MC in october 2013
    MC in august 2015

After 3 years: due in June!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry AF showed up . I'd definitely drop the zyrtec. I'm not sure about anything else.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm no expert and I'm sure Atomic will be along with some great advice, but I would stop taking the zyrtec as you need some CM to get pregnant.
    Best of luck!

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many cycles have you been trying already? If this was just your first cycle trying I would ditch the zyrtec and possibly lower the LR dose. I would normally say try the every 4 days thing, but if you are 100% sure you have optimal timing and that you always ovulate on CD11, then I guess it wouldn't make sense for you to do that.

My cycles were always regular (I always ovulated CD15 for a year straight), but with LE and exercise for many months they got a little wonky. On my first attempt cycle, I ovulated on CD13 so we DTD on CD13 (thinking I would ovulate on CD14 or CD15) and I missed my window. I say this because if there is a chance LE and all those supplements are affecting your cycle then every 4 days might be worth trying.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet22 View Post
    How many cycles have you been trying already? If this was just your first cycle trying I would ditch the zyrtec and possibly lower the LR dose. I would normally say try the every 4 days thing, but if you are 100% sure you have optimal timing and that you always ovulate on CD11, then I guess it wouldn't make sense for you to do that.

My cycles were always regular (I always ovulated CD15 for a year straight), but with LE and exercise for many months they got a little wonky. On my first attempt cycle, I ovulated on CD13 so we DTD on CD13 (thinking I would ovulate on CD14 or CD15) and I missed my window. I say this because if there is a chance LE and all those supplements are affecting your cycle then every 4 days might be worth trying.
    Thanks for your anserwers!

Well this is my 3rd cycle. We started in May (we made a pause in june). It is a bit annoying, especially because I am used to be very fertile. My boys I conceived in the first cycle. But I am still highly motivated!!! I just had a short depression!

I know it is not that easy to pinpiont ovulation exactly and pain it not an indicator. However I always feel a sharp pain on CD11. And AF always arrives 14 d after that. So I guess ovulation is not far away from CD11. What do you think?

By the way with our last attempt we dtd on CD9 because OPK was positive. Ovulation was, as I said supposed to be on CD11. AF arrived today, exactly 14 d later.
    Sorry for my bad English! - I am from Austria!!

Ferdinand 7 yrs Leopold 5 yrs
    MC in october 2013
    MC in august 2015

After 3 years: due in June!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like the OPK are working for you and your ovulation is consistent. I would definitely keep using the OPK to be 100% sure just in case you ovulate a little early this month so you don't miss your window! I would say you could drop the vitex, but since your cycles are still perfect and not affected I guess it probably doesn't matter much in your sway so you might as well leave it in. Are you doing anything like J&D or hot bath for DH? Those could be dropped too, but it doesn't sound like you are doing them anyways.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Dynazyme!

I am not an expert either but just wanna say I do understand the frustration of AF showing up when you probably were expecting to already be a few months pregnant. I got pregnant with my sons very easily and also with an oopsie (but didn't end well) without even trying so after three months ttc I was really fed up. Anyway, I dropped antihistamines and J&D the fourth cycle and got pregnant. I still don't know if my sway worked or not, but at that time getting pregnant felt more important than keeping up every single sway tactic I started with. But before dropping things I think one should really think about what is most important for you - and would you regret loosening up the sway to get pg even if it lowers the chances for desired gender?

Also, not being highly fertile like with your sons can be seen as positive since many of the sway tactics are more or less about lowering your condition and fertility. I tried to see it as a sign for all my changes in lifestyle actually impacting my body. Then of course, it has to be a balance between that and still getting pregnant.

Fx this is your last AF in a very long time!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drop the Zyrtec and BD every 4 days. I'd keep everything else! If you don't want to BD every 4 days, and you are sure you O on CD11, BD on CD9 has the best odds of conception. I would still try BDing on CD5, CD9, CD13, CD17. Especially CD9 & CD13. Many people O later than they think.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd drop Zyrtec!

Exercising that much I'm glad you had a nice few days of cheating. FX that next month is your lucky month.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ