Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cycle 3 TTC a Girl - my cycle is allll over the place!

My cycle has become so erratic since I started swaying and taking Spironolactone!
    I have always had 34-35 day cycles, now I am down to 28 days (which is awesome for TTC, haha).
    I was really strict with my sway, but I am beginning to fall off the wagon a bit.
    • I eat meat occasionally (I was a vegetarian for the past few months, but I have a little meat here-and-there... better than driving myself nuts).
    • I am taking 100mg Spiro/ day (which my doc and pharmacist said is okay until I get a BFP)
    • Baby Aspirin 2-3x a week
    • No breakfast/ try to avoid snacking/ no supplements or vitamins
    • Crystal light/ aspartame drinks (not my favorite, but I am doing it!)
    • No exercise (which is really beginning to bother me. I miss it and I feel yucky!) I want to go back to the gym SO badly, but I can't afford to the 60+ minutes a day. My schedule is too packed and I muscle up really quickly. Hellllo T!
    • I had been using repHresh the day of attempt (month 1) and 2 days before (last month), but I am dropping this month
    • Sylk at attempt; no O, shallow release, waited three minutes to J&D
    • DTD every four days (since my cycle is wonky)
    • Last month we DTD on day of O (unintentional, but it was when day 4 hit)
    • Negative ions, lavender oil, painting/repainting my nails a lot

I am beginning to go really lax on the diet because I just can't keep it up like I was. I figure it's better to be happy and relaxed than go Martha over it. I haven't even been on these boards in a while.

Is there any thing else you would tweak this month (I am dropping repHresh) to help me get preggo? I would really like it to happen now that summer is over!

Thanks, ladies!!!
    Luckiest mama to a (2011) and my sweet (2013 unmedicated VBAC).

Missing my Angel Babies (1/2015), lost due to twin partial molar pregnancy. Another , June 2015.. rainbow 2016.

Hoping for a rainbow girl in 2017; PGD/IVF.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd drop both RepHresh and Sylk.

NO shallow release, and I'd wait a bit longer to J and D, more like 5 min.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel you! I started off super strict, it's hard to keep up when you aren't getting pregnant. I thought I would be pregnant months ago. I'm on a time crunch and need to be preggo this month so I'm adding in another attempt. I also switched from Clomid to Femara. I'm hoping it works out but I'm scared.

Maybe you can skip the J&D altogether?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I talked to a psychic in July who said that she envisioned me getting pregnant in October with a GIRL, so I am staying calm and positive I would just hate it if my sway failed and I always doubted not being able to give it 110% like I did earlier this year!

Missing my Angel Babies (1/2015), lost due to twin partial molar pregnancy. Another , June 2015.. rainbow 2016.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I'd focus on the diet and drop other factors before loosening it. Diet sways much harder than represh, J&D, etc. Are you temping/charting? I'm concerned that maybe your LP has taken a hit since mine did on spironolactone. Are you BDing every 4 days throughout your entire cycle, or only for part of it, and if so, what part?
    Last edited by maidentomother; August 31st, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maidentomother- that was my initial concern as well, but last month I used OPKs earlier on (at AS's suggestion after looking at my chart). I was able to get very bright positives, which were 14 days before AF came back. So, as of last month *knocking on wood*, my LP is a perfect 14 days.
    I am on CD 10 right now, and BD is penciled in for CD12... so, please send some pink prayers my way

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very happy to hear that! I hope my reaction was just me being weird (wouldn't surprise me at all) and you continue to have no Spiro side effects. Did you keep testing with OPKs after you got your positive? Did your CM changes align well with when you think you Oed?

Good luck BDing on CD12! I do suggest continuing to BD on CDs 16, 20, and 24 just in case - without temping you can never be THAT sure of when you Oed and I so often see couples who stop BDing too early in their cycle bc they are sure they Oed, though it turns out O actually happened days later long after positive OPKs & fertile signs have dissipated.

Pink dust to you!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period