Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Draft Sway Plan

My 'PINK' Sway - What do you think!?!

We plan on making our first attempt this month. I have been so excited but suddenly I am so nervous. I am 31, DH is 30, DS 10, and DS 4. I have PCOS. I am a little overweight - I have lost 60 pounds in the last year. I had lapband surgery so I only consume about 1000 calories a day if I am lucky. The only thing I am worried about is that I can't eat carbs (they just don't agree with my lapband) and I drink protein shakes (doctor recommendation). I typically consume about 40 grams of protein a day but I don't get that in I can hardly function. I have never been a big salt person so that was easy for me. I cut out all cokes but I do have a glass of sweet (real sugar) tea a day. I can't use 'fake' sugar (equal, sweet-n-low, crystal light, etc).

My supplements:
    Magnesium
    Calcium
    Folic Acid
    B6
    Acidophilus
    Cranberry
    Clomid (haven't started that yet but I do have my prescription)

DH supplements:
    Calcium
    Acidophilus
    Magnesium
    Cranberry
    Fish Oil

Plan - The week during O I will double my folic acid. I will also drink some cranberry juice (even though I hate it) unless I feel like I am completely dried up from the clomid. DH has agreed to a hot shower prior to any attempts and understands that I shouldn't have the Big O. I am going to try to relax but I am a highly anxious person. I will be using OPK's to try to determine when O occurs. We want to try for an O+12 but because I don't have regular cycles I haven't been able to chart my temps or anything and my cervix and I aren't acquainted. I walk almost everyday but that is my only exercise.

So, what do you think? I don't know if we should abstain, cutoff, or frequent release. Which is best when TTC pink?

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, you can take aspirin instead of cranberry it does the same job and had the added benefit of not having any nutrients. Timing wise, it depends how quickly you want to be pregnant. I think that when taking clomid timing should definately not dominate your sway, hopefully someone else on clomid can help you with this. Gl!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TBH I'd go for frequent release and no cut off if you have had fertility issues (or maybe a 1-day cut off if you can't get past the myth that cut offs sway pink!)

how long did it take you to conceive your first two?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We weren't trying to conceive the last two. They were both unplanned blessings. We having been 'trying' for a few months now but since I only occasionally ovulate on my own (hence the two boys) we haven't been successful. So, my only fertility issue is that I don't ovulate on my own. This will be my first time ever on Clomid. Would you still go for frequent release with a 1-2 day cutoff or would you go for abstaining? I honestly don't think I will have any idea when I ovulate so I think timing will be difficult for me.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't have any idea when you'll ovulate then I think frequent BDing could be a good option, starting the day after AF and continuing until you get a positive OPK, BDing once more following your first positive OPK or just carrying on until you believe you've ovulated - whichever you're happiest with. The problem with abstaining and then having a one-off attempt is that you need to be fairly sure when you're going to ovulate otherwise you could be too early then you won't get pregnant and that month's Clomid is wasted - and if you want to BD frequently after you've abstained for the first part of your cycle it's best to do it twice daily - of course you don't have to, the Clomid sways pink in itself. Somebody else was swaying pink and taking Clomid recently. I can't remember who it was but they posted their sway and if you have a look back through you might find it.

Well done on the weight loss btw, that I'm sure is another big aspect in favour of a girl! I think 40g or protein each day is fine and it's what's recommended on the low-everything diet.

Do you take any supplements for your PCOS? I'm taking Saw Palmetto and Vitex and I believe Saw P is something sometimes taken by PCOS ladies to lower testosterone (which is what I'm trying to do too!).

GL!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    zanacal,
    The weight loss has been a journey all in itself. The lapband is just a tool - I still have to do a lot of work but for the first time ever the scale is moving in the right direction!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    zanacal,
    I don't take anything for my PCOS. If I had known sooner I would have taken the saw palmetto in the months leading up to taking Clomid.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh of course, sorry I don't know much about Clomid. All the very best to you!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy_19 View Post
    My 'PINK' Sway - What do you think!?!

We plan on making our first attempt this month. I have been so excited but suddenly I am so nervous. I am 31, DH is 30, DS 10, and DS 4. I have PCOS. I am a little overweight - I have lost 60 pounds in the last year. I had lapband surgery so I only consume about 1000 calories a day if I am lucky. The only thing I am worried about is that I can't eat carbs (they just don't agree with my lapband) and I drink protein shakes (doctor recommendation). I typically consume about 40 grams of protein a day but I don't get that in I can hardly function. I have never been a big salt person so that was easy for me. I cut out all cokes but I do have a glass of sweet (real sugar) tea a day. I can't use 'fake' sugar (equal, sweet-n-low, crystal light, etc).

My supplements:
    Magnesium
    Calcium
    Folic Acid
    B6
    Acidophilus
    Cranberry
    Clomid (haven't started that yet but I do have my prescription)

DH supplements:
    Calcium
    Acidophilus
    Magnesium
    Cranberry
    Fish Oil

Plan - The week during O I will double my folic acid. I will also drink some cranberry juice (even though I hate it) unless I feel like I am completely dried up from the clomid. DH has agreed to a hot shower prior to any attempts and understands that I shouldn't have the Big O. I am going to try to relax but I am a highly anxious person. I will be using OPK's to try to determine when O occurs. We want to try for an O+12 but because I don't have regular cycles I haven't been able to chart my temps or anything and my cervix and I aren't acquainted. I walk almost everyday but that is my only exercise.

So, what do you think? I don't know if we should abstain, cutoff, or frequent release. Which is best when TTC pink?
    40 grams of protein is perfect for TTC pink. Don't worry about the carbs, 1000 calories is going to be swaying pink for you. I want to put your mind at rest regarding diet, I think you are set up for a perfect sway. You can't do better than what your diet is already and the weight loss is fantastic. I would not worry about the sweet tea, enjoy it. A friend of mine from IG had 3 boys and then had gastric bypass and had two girls and another friend with 2 boys lost 60+ pounds and had 2 girls!

I answered this on your other thread but you should not attempt any timing method, especially not O+12, when on Clomid. Clomid sways pink to begin with and if you stay on it more than a few months, it will destroy your uterine lining and basically act as a birth control pill. It can even give you cancer if you stay on it too long. I STRONGLY recommend throwing timing out the window and doing the "Sperm Meets Egg" or "Deanna's Plan" style of BD to up your odds of conception.

In short, your diet, weight loss, and Clomid are ALREADY swaying strongly pink for you. You are set up to have a brilliant sway (and one that some of us can only dream of!!) Please don't stress over timing because it has been revealed as totally unreliable.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by swish View Post
    Hi, you can take aspirin instead of cranberry it does the same job and had the added benefit of not having any nutrients. Timing wise, it depends how quickly you want to be pregnant. I think that when taking clomid timing should definately not dominate your sway, hopefully someone else on clomid can help you with this. Gl!!!
    My concern with both cran and baby aspirin is that they are blood thinners (as is fish oil - I know your DH is taking that and not you but just thought I should mention it) and I am not sure how that would work with a lapband. Please run this by your doctor before proceeding...I would hate it if you had any internal bleeding or anything.

I conceived a baby boy while taking 100 mg of B6 and one of the major swaying companies discontinued their recommendation for B6 for pink swayers, because they also felt it was contributing to opposites. For now, I think it's safest for pink swayers to skip the B6.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ