Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miscarriage and pcos

Hi so I just got back from the gynae for a check up after my miscarriage (2 weeks ago). He informed me that it looks like I could have PCOS and prescribed Femara 2.5mg (as opposed to Clomid, which he says isn't readily available at the moment). If I remember correctly Clomid increases your chances for girl? Does Femara do the same?

Secondly my cycles are very regular, every 33 days every month with a 7 day AF. And for the last 7 months of ttc I think I had pos ovulation tests almost every month, except maybe one and I didn't test the month I fell pregnant. So he didn't seem to worried about the PCOS? I don't have any other symptoms other than the fact that I've always suspected I am a little insulin resistant. I am not skinny but also not very overweight. My bmi is 24.

My miscarriage happened on 5 weeks and 4 days (and that month it was the first time my AF was only 3 days long), could that indicate something about the miscarriage? And could the miscarriage be because of the PCOS? He didn't seem to think so.

Lastly he suggested we wait about 1 - 3 cycles to ttc again, and when I asked him if we could ttc right away, he said it could increase my chances of having another miscarriage by 3% on top of the normal chances. Which is not that high?

What are your opinions, try and loose some weight first (have lost 3 kg so far) and then ttc (given all things above and the fact that hubby started a new cycle of steroids and testosterone the moment we found out we are pregnant, after leaving it for 6 months so that we could ttc, his cycle will only end in about 2 months) or ttc right away?

Sorry for the long list of questions

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can only tell you my experience. I got pregnant in November of 2012, and lost the baby at 5 weeks 4 days but didn't find out until I was 7 weeks. I got pregnant right away but lost the baby at 5 weeks 4 days. that was on February 20th of 2013. I ovulated March 8th, and got pregnant again! That baby is now my 10 month old baby girl
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know anything about PCOS, sorry! Also, I think testosterone supplements in men might sway pink so you might be ok with trying right away (hopefully atomic will chime in!).

I had a natural m/c recently as well, and my doctor said trying immediately was fine. She didn't quote me a statistic or anything, but if she had told me 3% I think I'd still take my chances! It seems recent m/c sways pink so FWIW, I'm in your shoes and I'm going to be trying right away!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off so sorry for your loss.

Femara does sway pink so I'd just take it and say "thank you!"

That having been said, I find it a little hard to believe that any doctor can decide you have PCOS 2 weeks after a miscarriage (esp. since you have reg. cycles . But, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth here. The Femara will only help your sway and I'd totally take it.

Most miscarraiges are chromosomal abnormalities and you just can't look any further than that.

A m/c at 5-6 weeks range is fine to start TTC very soon after. Since you'll be on the Femara I would wait for AF and then TTC next cycle. THe Femara and coming off a loss will sway WAY more than any weight gain anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay for femara! Thx a lot for everyones answers, much appreciated. Will update as soon as there are any news

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk