Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

avoiding meats....

Is there a reason OTHER than the protein content that we choose to avoid meats in the LE diet? Just curious
    18132: @ 8wks

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Off the top of my head red meat raises testosterone (I know we aren't sure if that even sways or matters, but something to think about?) and the healthy saturated fats (which are found in abundance in egg yolks/red meat/etc) have been found to sway blue in animal studies.

That being said, I don't really see much of a scientific reason for avoiding chicken/white fish other than the protein content. I eat small portions of shrimp or fish once a week or so and in the first few months of my sway I'd eat small amounts of chicken (2 oz or so) on a sandwich or whatever. This is just my opinion obviously.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good question. I will follow this thread.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Protein and other nutrients (lots of vitamins in meat), and in terms of red meat, the abundance of healthy saturated fats and iron which sway blue.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not just about the protein content. Aside from the stuff others have already mentioned, it is also an issue of practicality. Because meat has very few calories but has a lot of protein, it can make it much more difficulst to stick to the diet than it would be normally. You eat one tiny piece of meat for 3-400 cals and have used up your whole 40 g protein allotment and then have barely consumed any calories. Then what do you eat for the rest of the day?? Grains, dairy, etc all have protein in them. So you're reduced to eating meat, fruit, veg, sugar and nothing else the rest of the day, which is not very satisfying and when taken to extremes as some do (they refuse to eat fruit/veg) is a starvation diet and not allowed
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are we allowed to eat Quorn?
    Two beautiful boys, who I love to the moon & back!

TTC 2015 for a baby GIRL to complete our little family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Quorn is absolutely fine, just keep it within your daily totals. I found a tasty low fat product here in Germany, tastes like a breaded chicken cutlet but made of skim milk! But I still keep portions small as even vegetarian meat substitutes can have a lot of protein and as atomic wisely pointed out, it's best to not eat all your protein in one meal.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WISHING4AGIRL View Post
    Are we allowed to eat Quorn?
    There are no forbidden foods to TTC a girl. The important thing is to stick within your totals for the day (but be even more sure you are getting ENOUGH)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ