Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Accidentally Preg w/7 Day Cut-Off...???

I don't put much stock in timing but I'll ask this anyway b/c I can't help myself now...Does a 7 day cut-off sway boy like a lot of people think? I know the diet and a few other things would sway waaaaaay more if timing even sways at all.

I'm 15 dpo today...I was feeling terrrible yesterday and thought it was just due to the record heat we're having. AF still hadn't come and I was feeling terrible. I took a test on a whim and saw a line, took a digi an hr later after I could scrounge more pee and it said PREG. Today the same so I guess I really am. We had decided to take a break from the diet and TTC last cycle so we thought we were safe and DTD 7, 8 & 12 days before O. Of course, we used nothing but Sylk and I didn't get back on the diet until 2dpo, too little, too late unfortunately. DH and I are both 38 and are really confused it happened like this. When I ran down stairs, he thought it was an OPK and was like, "So?". Then I told him what it was and he said it must be wrong since we haven't BD in sooooo long and he was gone during O week (the day after we DTD). He made me take the digi and I had to pull up FF to show him when we DTD. Of course he's "over the moon".

This is so odd...I can't wrap my brain around it. I didn't know sperm could actually last that long. I thought it would be about 5 days, tops. A big part of me thinks that this kiddo was sure meant to be (boy or girl) so I feel very lucky! But another part is creeping in and it's the GD part, especially since this is most definitely our last. I know I cannot go there but I just feel like my dream is kind of over before it started and I really, really wanted to give it my best shot. Every fiber of my being says that this is a boy. I think I just need to go back to my thinking that our kiddos pick us as their parents b/c true or not, it has given me a lot of peace in the past. I'm overjoyed and freaked out all at once! I'm calling this our "Happy Accident"...

FWIW, he's the link to my cycle...My Ovulation Chart
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Well, congratulations! I wouldn't worry about the timing and if you had been doing the diet/swaying for a bit, I wouldn't worry about it! FX for PINK!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow, I can't believe it, congratulations! This is amazing news

I'm sure you have many reasons to feel positive - you and DH are getting older (sorry!), after 7 days sperm count would surely have been low when you Ovulated, you used Sylk, you were on the diet in the 2ww so your blood sugar would have been low and so many 'accident' babies are girls.

Now what on earth are you going to eat for your dinner tonight?!!!

xxx
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations and ditto re what the other ladies said. Sending you lots of pink dust, but as you said whatever it is this kid was meant to be.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations, you must be really shocked!
    I´m sorry you didn´t get to give your sway the best you could like you wanted to.
    But I agree with the other girls, there´s still enough change you have a little pink bean in there, surprise babies are a good way of pink swaying too!
    And I wish you reeeeeeaaaally enjoy your next meal on behalf of all of us!!
    6 3
    swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    boy or girl... that baby really wanted you to be it's mummy and daddy! congratulations!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OOB! Congratulations!

And I think Zanacal makes great points re: sperm count and your blood sugar being low in 2ww due to diet. And don't forget, the older you are the more likely you are to have a girl. I understand what you're saying about not getting to put in your best sway effort and how frustrating that is. But I have to agree with everyone ... this baby CLEARLY wanted to be with your family now, not later. How exciting!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand what you're going through right now (I answered you more in depth on your other thread) and I just wanted to give you huge (((hugs))). And of course congrats and best wishes!!!

I have never bought the idea that a superlong cutoff sways blue so toss that one right there. So few people are able to even get pg from a long cutoff that I strongly suspect that the only reason why a long cutoff appears to sway blue is because only very fertile people are able to conceive that far out. And very fertile people might be more "set" for blue to begin with. It's not a cause and effect (NOT long cutoffs sway blue), it's probably a correlation (only people who are very fertile are able to get pg with a long cutoff and people who are very fertile are more likely to conceive boys). In no way does that mean you are destined to have conceived a boy, just explaining why the statistics might make it look that way.

I think you have every chance in the world at a girl. Not only were you a bit more relaxed because you weren't swaying that month, but the Sylk will be working for you and I think your body takes note of any changes in diet so even if you went off the diet temporarily, it was still working for you.

PS - I'm glad your DH seems happy! Mine would be armed with a shotgun and looking under the bed and in the closets for my boyfriend (hahaha just kidding but not really!!!)

You are so right that no matter what, it was meant to be! I wouldn't trade my DS 4 for anything now even though it half-killed me when I had my "swaying accident"!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All the 'oops' babies I know are girls, so you're still in with a chance! H&H pregnancy!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!! I agree with the others!! Time to celebrate!!!
    Mom to
    A HUGE thank you to Atomic and the Gender Dreaming Forum!!
    Due The End Of July

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast