Thread: Suggestions

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suggestions

So, I am sure AF is about to start anyday! Onto cycle 11. This will be my 3 rd month on the Atomic fertility diet. I am also doing 1600 mg folate and 100 mg coq10. I took 50 mg clomid last cycle and honestly I didn't even really know when I ovulated. My temps rose so very slowly and remained pretty low for being medicated. Any suggestions on what to do? I am waiting for my ob to refer me to an RE but will continue trying. She originally prescribed 100mg clomid but I only took 50. Should I try 100mg? I am kinda thinking of not taking it this cycle because I am not being monitored and I don't even know if it is working for me and last cycle I really didn't even get a pos opk. I don't want to temp this cycle and may only do opks or dtd every other day. I really don't want to go the RE route but I need to find out what is going on. I know being 38 it should take a while but is it normal to take so long? Am I just being impatient? What else can I do??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you get Femara? Clomid isn't great for us older ladies - I did 2 rounds and where I used to have normal ovulatory cycles, I did not ovulate on either cycle on Clomid (monitored). I had much better success with Femara, (still BFNs, but I know I ovulated).
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Temping is not reliable on Clomid, please don't worry about that aspect any more. I know you were getting some mixed info on that but trust me, I've been on hundreds of Clomid cycles "with" my swayers and the temps are NOT RELIABLE.

I NEVER recommend 100 mg Clomid if you're not being monitored. I really don't.

The Clomid IS working for you. If you get AF in a reasonable time period, then the clomid worked. I have only rarely seen anyone for whom Clomid did not work.

I do think Femara is a better option for those over 35 and I recommend at least asking about it if it's a possibility. Some docs have never heard of using it for inducing ovulation (it's a cancer drug) but it works great and does also sway pink
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re normal - there is no "normal" really. Some people it takes a long time, others it takes a short time, it's a matter of awaiting Goldie the Golden Egg and then being in a position to catch her when she shows up!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I put in a call to my ob today so waiting for a call back. Don't really want to have to pay for an appt to speak with her and ask about the femera. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CD 1 today !!!! BLAH!!
    I am debating on whether to take clomid this month? Should I just try on my own? Does clomid changes things at all?
    Also, I am still nursing my DS. I don't think that is hindering things as long as there is ovulation...right?
    Last edited by djmommy; December 17th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skip the Clomid this month while we get our feet back under us again, IMO. Clomid can work the month after you stop taking it too and I've seen tons of gals get girls the month after stopping Clomid while seemingly unable to get pg while taking it.

As long as you're ovulating and having a relatively normal LP greater than 10 days you can absolutely get pg while breastfeeding.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. I am not going to take it. I made an appt with an RE also, Jan 21st. I am just so sad to think something is wrong. I have a clear pattern on my charts and my LP is 13-14 days. I may skip temping this cycle and just do opks and SMEP. I appreciate all your help.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even ~if~ something is "wrong" what it probably means is that simply, you're older now and may not be putting out quite as many good eggs as you once were. Now, that is normal and natural and it DOES NOT mean you can't get pregnant, just that you may have to wait a little longer for Goldie the Golden Egg to show up!