Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st timer

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi coralsky,

I was the same! I ate toast with a little bit (well, very little bit butter and strawberry jam almost every day. And like you with your jelly beans, I had my daily treat of gummi bears. I donīt know if you know Haribo, but since it is German, there is a lot of variety here. But wow, they have a lot of calories!

God luck with your next High Tech attempt!

Chessika
    Last edited by Chessika; January 8th, 2015 at 06:56 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessika View Post
    Hi coralsky,

I was the same! I ate toast with a little bit (well, very little bit butter and strawberry jam almost every day. And like you with your jelly beans, I had my daily treat of gummi bears. I donīt know if you know Haribo, but since it is German, there is a lot of variety here. But wow, they have a lot of calories!

God luck with your next High Tech attempt!

Chessika
    oooh yes I LOVE haribo's too! I did limit them when swaying though as I thought they might have too much gelatin (gutted if not!! lol) but as soon as I was preggers I had them as my treat instead of wine! thanks Chessika xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful13 View Post
    Ok so far what I think I've learned

Fasting am till noon with no cereals allowed as full of sugar or porridge as no oats. What do people eat generally then?? I'm not a morning eater but usally a coffee at 10 is this allowed??

Brown bread low in salt, no meat or fish or tomatoes.
    Fruit and veg ok and also rice and pasta pref brown with keeping meals to 2 portions and no snacking.

Is not dairy right? I drink lactose free milk in coffee is this ok? What's the story with sweets and biscuits is it a complete no as it boosts bloods sugars? Is there a menu with things people did eat as looking at this most things are out.

Is it ok to start tracking my cycle in a diary now with it been the first after a fet?
    Clomid, Zyrtec and folic is there an amount and days to be taken?? I'm currently on 200mg coq10 is this ok??
    Ok so there are a lot of q's in this thread to go over so if I miss anything don't be shy, ask again!!

THe rules are different if you have PCOS or egg quality issues so I can't totally speak to specifics but just to go over a few things..

You don't have to fast till noon, just do what works for you. THere's no magic time on the clock, you're just trying to extend the time between meals. You can have 2 or 3 meals a day, you just squeeze them into a smaller time period. I always ate 3 meals, at around 11, midafternoon,a nd then before bed.

The reason to skip cereal has nothing to do with sugar, it's because there are a lot of vitamins in cereal.

If you have PCOS or egg quality issues, you'd use whole grains (brown bread, brown rice, etc) and some have even gone gluten free all together.

You can have tomatoes, they are allowed on LE Diet.

Small amounts of dairy are fine. IF you're PCOS or have low egg qualtiy, use full fat. If not, use skim. Lactose free is fine.

Sweets and biscuits are ok for people without PCOS, insulin resistance, poor egg quality, but anyone who has these issues should avoid them and get their carbs/calories from fruits and higher carb vegetables.

Coffee at 10 is fine

Yes, you can track your cycle now, it just may not be reliable. I don't necessarily recommend bothering with tracking cycles, it's just that you can.

No Zyrtec if you're on Clomid.

Clomid is days 3-7 OR 4-8 OR 5-9. Some people think if you take it sooner, it makes you more likely to get twins. I am not convinced that this works and have seen both twins and singletons conceived every day.

Folic I would have you take minimum 1200-1600, folate is best.

I have used 100 mg coq10 with several successful pink sways, I'd have you reduce to 100 mg (I doubt 200 is too much, just that it is the amount I've successfully used before)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not really a drinker but I can start lol.is it just limited to water or is squash allowed and assume no fizzy drink
    Many people drink diet squash, fizzy drinks are also fine.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have both dhea and metaformin here because of v bad egg quality. Would either of these help
    DHEA tends to sway blue, metformin sways pink. I'm not saying you should necessairly use it, but it may help up your egg quality.

ince you have such low egg quality I would def. try glutenfree atomic fertility diet - we have had success with AFD for egg quality and also pink!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so very very much chessika & Coral sky, so today is day 1..
    Going to take a while to get my head around this. So the big thing really is no snacking not even an apple, no red meat and v limited white meat. Should coffee be de caf? Sweetner for coffee and skimmed milk. Think I'm going to be so fed up of lettuce in a few days
    The "big thing" is reducing your overall nutrient intake, particularly the "macro" nutrients which are calories, protein, and fat. THe blood sugar stuff may also help but I wouldn't say it's the MOST important thing (we honestly don't know, though). But you have to be careful to eat enough, too - it's not just about eating less, you have to cut back but still give your body enough to stay fertile.

If you are only eating lettuce you're doing it wrong.

Since you have egg quality issues you should use full fat dairy, not skim. There is something in skim dairy (we do not know what) that really affects fertility in a negative way.

YOu can have either regular or decaf coffee. The idea that caffeine sways blue has been totally debunked.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic is it 0% yogurt or low fat yogurt that's allowed and what's the difference between semi skimmed milk and low fat milk. Is the lactose free milk def not allowed. Also are bananas allowed.

When you have time can you give me pointers on meds and what types of testing opk ect I need to buy. I know you will get to my plan when you have time
    You need to use full fat yogurt. Not skim and not part skim.

lactose free milk is fine as long as it has full fat.

Bananas are allowed. The "no banana" thing is leftover from another diet and it doesn't work.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic I really appreciate your help. When you have time to do the plan that's great too. How much metaformin do you think??
    July 13' 9 ret 1 normal xx & 1 xy bfn
    May 14' 9 ret & 7 fertilised & batched
    Sept 14' 12 ret & 10 fert & batched
    Fet Dec 14 bfn

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What dose were you on before?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't on metaformin only dhea. I ordered it and have it here but was warned on here that 1 contracts the other and both can't be taken together. So not sure of the dose
    July 13' 9 ret 1 normal xx & 1 xy bfn
    May 14' 9 ret & 7 fertilised & batched
    Sept 14' 12 ret & 10 fert & batched
    Fet Dec 14 bfn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast