Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well last night I had a few cocktails and then a yummy Japanese feast (mostly veggie) and then spent the rest of the evening, night and today being sick! Nice! No idea if it was something I ate or just that on LE I shouldn't have had three drinks, which normally would be fine. So my cheat kind of negated itself as none of the food stayed down! I lost four pounds in a day though which isn't good as like a few of you I've not got much to lose. I was hoping to lose about a pound a week as we're wanting to do LE for three months before TTC. So I'm thinking if I feel hungry later we might get a big fatty Domino's Pizza! Put those four pounds back on
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't ate properly today at all (is that good for girl sway) had a coffee a a cake this morning before we took ds2 to footie match then we went food shopping. Had a small Ritz Choc thing,and a malteaser. Only thing I had in my bag. They were v small bars. Then had a coffee and nesquick milk bar .Tonight I'll be having a pizza and 2 glasses of wine. Haven't totted totals up yet
    8 12 2014 wishing and praying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lunch 2 large spring rolls and an malteser bunny
    Dinner prawn curry plain white rice glass of wine
    Evening snack baked crisps Galaxy ripple glass of wine.

I'm not counting calories anymore I get too obsessed with it!

5 HT cycles all BFN

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, I posted this on another thread about swaying and glucose levels so I thought I might add it here in case it helps. I have 2 dd's and with both of them I was dieting and not eating past 5 pm and breakfast was around 9:30 am, so I'm pretty sure my blood sugar levels were pretty low. I never snacked and my only big meal of the day was lunch. Just thought this might help because I noticed that a lot of you are eating at 8 pm or later.

5. Likes MrsTheatrical liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WantALittleBlue View Post
    Hi ladies, I posted this on another thread about swaying and glucose levels so I thought I might add it here in case it helps. I have 2 dd's and with both of them I was dieting and not eating past 5 pm and breakfast was around 9:30 am, so I'm pretty sure my blood sugar levels were pretty low. I never snacked and my only big meal of the day was lunch. Just thought this might help because I noticed that a lot of you are eating at 8 pm or later.
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

As Atomic says though, there is nothing magical about fasting in any part of the day, you gotta do what works for you. Not snacking is a big part of the sway and so is having a long prolonged stretch of time. It's easiest for most people to do their daily 'fast' overnight and skip breakfast. Most of us might be eating in the evening but then not having anything the next day until lunch.

You gotta do what fits in your lifestyle too, and eating late can still sway pink. My mom for example had all daughters - she would only have coffee/milk in the mornings, skip breakfast, eat lunch, have dinner at around 7pm, and then snack ALL evening long. She would even snack at midnight watching tv! And she had girls.
    Last edited by LacePrincess; January 17th, 2015 at 11:08 PM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm finding missing breakfast the hardest thing. Thanks for my tips on calories I think I may go go with commen sense. There is no way I would have time to weight everything. I find it hardest when we have relatives staying at our house, I end up cooking lots of nice things and then can't eat them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dkay1 View Post
    I'm finding missing breakfast the hardest thing. Thanks for my tips on calories I think I may go go with commen sense. There is no way I would have time to weight everything. I find it hardest when we have relatives staying at our house, I end up cooking lots of nice things and then can't eat them!
    Definitely go with what works and doesn't stress you out! The only reason to count calories is for weight control, most of the time to lose weight for a pink sway, or maintain if you are already borderline underweight. Common sense is a good thing.

Just keep an eye on the scale and that's good enough. And treats are ok too as long as it's not all the time. It's the general trend of things that matter.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dkay1 View Post
    Definitely go with what works and doesn't stress you out! The only reason to count calories is for weight control, most of the time to lose weight for a pink sway, or maintain if you are already borderline underweight. Common sense is a good thing.

Just keep an eye on the scale and that's good enough. And treats are ok too as long as it's not all the time. It's the general trend of things that matter.

As for breakfast, that took me MONTHS to skip it entirely. It was really hard for me too! First I reduced what I ate at breakfast and more at lunch. Then coffee only for breakfast on non workout days. It wasn't until a few days ago that I found I can manage without breakfast entirely even before a workout, but it took me AGES to get there. Small steps!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TODAY:

No breakfast, decaf coffee with flavoured creamer, 35 cals.

70 min step cardio workout

Lunch - 1/2 cup cottage cheese with berries and cinnamon, english muffin with cream cheese, green beans. Piece of licorice. 320 cals.

3pm - Metamucil in diet gingerale

Dinner - my son's bday dinner, so it's a bit splurgey! Homemade hamburgers with blue cheese, veggies, yogurt & blueberries. Strawberry bday cake.

Total - 1300-1400 calories.
    Last edited by LacePrincess; January 19th, 2015 at 07:05 AM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So yesterday's totals... Sodium still crazy high, but not as bad as day 1...
    Day 2:

Breakfast: 1 hour after waking, 12 hours after late night snack
    1 cup Tabouli, 1 cup coffee with 1/4 cup whole milk and 1 Tbsp sugar. Getting somewhat accustomed to the smaller dose of sugar in my coffee...

Lunch:
    String cheese, Great Value Chewy Fiber Bar, 3/4 cup 1% milk

Dinner:
    2 pieces of cornbread fortified with ground flax seed (1/2 Tbsp flax total), 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 3/4 cup navy beans, 3/4 cup mixed greens, 3/4 cup 1% milk

Late night snack:
    plain bagel, 2 Tbsp cream cheese spread, GV All Natural Strawberry Watermelon drink mix dissolved in bottled water.

Day 2 totals:
    1770 calories
    293 carbs
    42 fat
    56 protein
    33 fiber

1964mg Potassium
    3276mg Sodium
    0 folic acid
    15% RDA Zinc
    37% RDA B12
    18% RDA Vit E
    119% RDA Calcium
    81% RDA Magnesium - and this is WITH my supplement for muscle cramps and nursing aversion :/
    19% folate total

Calorie breakdown 21% fat, 66% carbs, 13% protein. Still trying to figure out a good balance. Took a quiz in a magazine about "Are you fat sensitive or carb sensitive?" and it recommended a low fat diet for me... Add in the lower protein levels I'm aiming for for a pink sway, and it is naturally gonna put carbs higher. But 66% is a little higher than I would like.

Still trying to figure out the folate/folic acid thing. Debating taking 2 mag pills per day. Still need to up my water intake too. Potassium was just a hair under goal so feeling better about that.
    Happily married 7.5yrs - Mommy to
    K-7yrs E-4yrs I-16 months
    JUST weaned in April - TTC a bow baby Spring/Summer 2015

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast