Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Letrozole / Femara

Hi all! I haven't been on here in a month or so. We have been TTC since August. I've had a couple of set backs that have made it more difficult and it's been hard to read everyone's journeys since mine has some what stalled. Some of you may remember that I had a severe dermatitis reaction at the beginning of November. I received a corticosteroid shot and started heavy spotting (almost consecutively) for the next 8 weeks. Finally had a period 20th of Dec, stopped on the 25th. 4th day after my period ended I had 2 days of spotting.

Any way I sure was hoping for a 'restart' after my period, since I've now missed 2 whole cycles. My OB got me in last Monday and we spent an hour going over my last 9 months of cycles. Luckily I've been keeping good track of them. The conclusion he came to was to put me on Letrozole beginning of my next cycle. He thinks I'm only ovulating 1/2 the time. He may be right as I haven't had a positive Opk at all this cycle and I'm on day 23. Also my cycles are any where between 32-37 days. Ugh. At this point I'm exhausted and just want to be pregnant.

We didn't try at all for my boys. Seriously. Pregnant on birth control for #1 and pregnant 1st ovulation after IUD removal for #2. No temping, no opks. I cannot believe how this time has taken a crazy turn in set backs and length of trying.
    I clearly need to vent a bit. I am frustrated and thought I would be having a May/June 2015 baby. Clearly that's out and now I'm just hoping on a 2015 baby!!!! That aside does anyone know if Letrozole/Femara sways pink? I know Clomid does. I decided Letrozole over Clomid because my OB said the risk of multiples is lower on it. Don't get me wrong there is a part of me that thinks twins would be awesome. But that would put us in the a family of 6 category. Thoughts.....???

I am hoping to start my new cycle around the 20th of January. I have my fingers crossed for it working the first time or two but my hopes aren't too high. Ugh.
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh EmilieeJane, I am so sorry! I too have been struggling to get pregnant!

I have heard that Femara does sway pink and it sounds like it is what you need!

FX you get a BFP soon 💞!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Xx. I am ready to start a new cycle and the meds! I am bummed. Good luck to you too!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Femara was just shown in a recent study to actually be MORE effective at swyaing pink than Clomid!!! Would have beeen exactly what I would advise for you and yes, it is said to lower odds of twins from what they re on Clomid.

Thinking of you!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you link to the study/abstract showing femara sways pinker, atomic? And taken in consideration with all the sway effect relevant research on both clomid and femara plus your own observations and thoughts, which do you think sways more strongly pink at this point?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck EJ!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three boys and took Clomid for two of them. I then had three miscarriages and took Clomid for the first two, don't know what gender they were but the third one I finally took Femara and found out that she was indeed a healthy girl.
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input Shenanigans. Sorry to hear of the miscarriages.
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Can you link to the study/abstract showing femara sways pinker, atomic? And taken in consideration with all the sway effect relevant research on both clomid and femara plus your own observations and thoughts, which do you think sways more strongly pink at this point?
    I did on here somewhere, sorry I don't have the time to look it up

I don't know, but I think either is a good option. There's just not enough data to say for sure.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ