Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are these positive?

Having my first attempt this month and didn't have a trial run with opks... Oops.

Are these positive or not quite? It's so hard to tell.

I want to have just one attempt so I want to get it at the right time!
    Would you BD tonight or not yet?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They kind of look.....not *quite* there but VERY close. Can you test again within 12 hours? If you wait a full day you'll likely miss the peak surge.

This is why I track my CP/CM, I find OPK's difficult to read sometimes. But a dark OPK combined with a SHOW cervix is always imminent ovulation for me.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can in the morning. I wake up early...
    If it's positive in the morning, when should we try to BD?
    Just any time in the day or wait til night? Ugh. I feel a little unsure this first attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just took another... It's way negative...
    I don't know how these work...

I tested 3 times today and it just got to the above picture around 7 pm.

Could I have surged between about 2pm & 7pm and it's over now? Or might it just be that I didn't hold long enough and it was too diluted?

I'm clueless. And I only want 1 BD this cycle so I want to time it right. Help?

This photo is from 9:30pm

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would BD now and again in 4 days. You could just have a short surge, but even then, you don't O till 8-48 hours AFTER your first +opk normally.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I would BD now and again in 4 days. You could just have a short surge, but even then, you don't O till 8-48 hours AFTER your first +opk normally.
    This
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    That's true but those pics above aren't quiiiiiiite positive.

Mysweetboys, I agree to BD today to cover your bases, BUT if you're going for the one-attempt that's going to mess it up potentially and only you can decide if you want to risk that. Do you know what your cervix is doing?? If it's still even partially open you have NOT o'ed yet and you should hold off if you want to keep the one-attempt part of the sway.

It is very common to have an LH surge that almost ovulates, but isn't quite enough, so your body ramps back down and ramps up again a few days later to try again. That could be what's happening.

This is why I encourage everyone to learn their cervical signs because it's almost a better predictor than OPK's! I can pinpoint O to within hours only checking my cervix even without OPK's or temping.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first one is sooooo close to +...I would have done an attempt.

I NEVER used to get +OPKs, it was unbelievably frustrating. When I got an RE, she advised to test twice a day when you think you're in O territory. One test around 2:00pm and the next between 8:00 and 10:00 pm. Each test, hold your wee for 4 hours, and no liquids for the last 2. Success!

If you bd every 4 days you have the best chance of getting one attempt in in the window, and you won't be "Martha" in over OPKs and cervical signals!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing magic about a true pos OPK. IT's just supposed to get you in with an attempt before ovulation but not too far before. So I would have people do an attempt when their OPK are nearly there, just attempt that night.

Lace PRincess is totally right though, because if it is a false surge you may O within the time frame of having a second attempt and be in too early - but I thiknk better too early (because you can always have another attempt) than too late.

I woudl probably attempt again in 4 days to cover all the bases.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I didn't attempt last night...
    Got these now...
    The top one isn't quite there, the bottom two, so darn close..
    I keep hearing about this "blaring" positive and I'm not feeling like this is it....
    But....

It's my 8th day of ewcm (although less with the Zyrtec) and no ov pain which I usually get several days before O.

I really wanted that 1 attempt.... Don't know when to do it...

Also. My temps are crazy low. Would that be because of any part of the swaying?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast