Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is LE/Exercise shortening my LP?

Hi ladies, sorry, I know short LPs have been discussed recently on this site! But I need your opinions! Before swaying my LP was 12-14 days. I've been swaying since August 2014 and the last few months my LP has been 9-10 days. I've lost 14lbs and the last 3 months I've held steady at 18.5 bmi. Any ideas on how I can increase my LP without sway blue? Thanks! Xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it might be weight related. I would consider gaining a few lbs back very slowly. Or maybe go to the dr and get clomid! I am trying both approaches. My LP averages 9-10 days and more like 9 days month after month when I am on the thinner side of my normal. I do think the low fat aspect of the LE diet contributes as well.

That said, I conceived easily despite my shorter LP when I was younger, BUT I was not on the LE/swaying then. I'm not doing exercise as I'm somewhat disabled and already too thin.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 22nd, 2015 at 04:51 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your response Maiden! I'm a little nervous of clomid and increasing the odds of twins! How are you going to gain weight? More fat or calories or both? I must confess, after my last attempt I went off LE during my LP and just ate what I wanted, I put on a couple of llbs in 10 days (oops!) but feel better for it, think I needed a mini break from it, felt my body was cravings fat and protein. I'm back on the diet now but not the exercise yet.

One more thing I shd add, I've just finished AF but it was only 2 days long! It's normally 4 days long, should I be worried?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, I think the light AF is weight related. I would try and hold steady where you are at, weight wise. Atomic will chime in with diet suggestions. I would DEFINITELY not do exercise, just hold steady.

FX and GL to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My AFs have always been short & light (3-4 days of mostly light flow, at most 1-2 of those days of medium flow) but in the past 6 months (I have been swaying pink/on the LE since Nov 2013 except for a 3 month break last summer) my AFs have been shorter and lighter than I've ever experienced in my entire life, increasingly so. I've had 2 cycles in which I only had 1 day of flow, this current cycle included and it was only light flow too, and several cycles of just 2 days of flow. I think it is related to my lining and LP issues, and those are related to my low BMI and low fat diet.

I was extremely sick last cycle just after O with strep throat and a virus and unfortunately I lost the little bit of weight I'd gained. I've been trying to regain it since by upping overall cals, fat, and protein (I'm still well within the LE diet boundaries, just closer to the max limits rather than the min I was hovering above before). I'm also eating 3 meals a day consistently and sometimes 1 snack, and only fasting 12 hours overnight most days. But I'm so used to eating light that I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to get enough/more cals. Then again, I don't want to gain too much or too quickly for fear of swaying blue. Since I will be taking a break from both swaying & TTC after this cycle, I'm not too concerned about being strict. I very much believe that it's the long term diet over multiple months that matters, not just a few weeks prior to conception.

You could try to get Femara instead of Clomid (I'd prefer F too since C can thin the lining and I'm concerned about that already), it sways strongly pink too and possibly moreso than C. And it has a much lower rate of multiples, which I would also like to avoid, mostly bc of my back. The only issue is that some drs, particularly non-REs/FSs, are unwilling to prescribe F as it is a much newer drug in terms of its fertility use than C. I am seeing an RE myself so I'm hoping I have a shot at F but I'm not sure how often it's used here in Germany.

I think it's good you listened to your body last LP and gained some weight, I agree with XX that you probably needed it. I'd try to maintain that but not gain more and resume exercise (if you have 2+ boys already, otherwise I'd consider dropping exercise). Add cals if you start losing even a little. I believe cravings are meaningful so if you continue to experience them maybe tweak your diet a bit.

I started at around 18 BMI before I began my sway, by January I was down to 16 and now I'm trying to get on the plus side of 17. I have maintained my regular cycles/O and had normal AFs with a BMI of 14 before but I wasn't TTC and I was on a high fat, nutrient rich diet. So I think it's the combo of the LE diet, especially the low fat aspect WITH low BMI that's causing issues. I should also note that I used to have high body fat % for my BMI/weight/build BUT just this past November I had liposuction on my abdomen where I had stubborn fat deposits, so I have permanently reduced my fat cell number and recently reduced my body fat %. In my case I think it's likely a contributing factor to my fertility issues.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 22nd, 2015 at 09:42 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I would guess it's swaying related. Your body will be trying to fix things on its own, so you just gradually increase cal intake slightly and also (more important) fat intake. You can try to gain back a couple pounds.

I agree that Clomid would also help if you can get it and want to try it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Poppins View Post
    Thanks for your response Maiden! I'm a little nervous of clomid and increasing the odds of twins! How are you going to gain weight? More fat or calories or both? I must confess, after my last attempt I went off LE during my LP and just ate what I wanted, I put on a couple of llbs in 10 days (oops!) but feel better for it, think I needed a mini break from it, felt my body was cravings fat and protein. I'm back on the diet now but not the exercise yet.

One more thing I shd add, I've just finished AF but it was only 2 days long! It's normally 4 days long, should I be worried?
    I wouldn't be too worried about the shorter AF, we have people report that all the time and it does not seem to make any difference in terms of getting pg. I got my daughter after 2 consecutive months with very very light AF that barely went 2 days.

CAn you please tell me how much fat, cals, pro you are eating?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xx, maiden and atomic, I really appreciate your thoughts. I'm eating upper limits, 50-60g fat and 1800-2000 cals. I was doing 60mins walking 5/6 times a week, I've not done any exercise for 2 weeks now. Just in case it has any bearing my cycles the last few months have been 32 days, 45 days, 32, 38 and 30.

Ah thanks atomic, that's reassuring about short AFs!

Maiden, I really hope this next cycle is THE one! I don't know how you've managed to keep going with swaying for that long, you're an inspiration!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mary! I hope so too!

Since you're already eating the upper limits of LE in terms or fat & cal I would NOT increase either of those but just hold steady and drop exercise if you start to lose weight again. I think it's likely the bit of weight you just regained will do the trick and your cycles will normalize. And even if your AF & LP don't return to normal you could still conceive as they are currently. Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart

12. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post