Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Verry confused :(

Hello, my name is Kristie. I am 31, married with 2 earth angels and 1 angel in heaven... all boys. I also have PCOS (throw that in there because I read things that say that this will affect how I do the diet) and due to some medical issues I fall into the category of people who MUST take vitamins(I will list what i take including supplements at the end). I started out on ingender.com and that site's and this site's recommendation oppose each other on many points. I want the most successful sway possible, but I am finding myself very confused after reading the info on this site, but this site has some solid points that make me question what I have learned from ingender. We are hoping to TTC next cycle so I need to figure this out FAST, and make a big impact in a short time, and there is just SO MUCH I read some recommendations to go vegetarian in this case... but short of living on celery, carrots, etc. I don't know how to do this. My current diet consists mainly of meat, canned goods (quick, easy, cheap), and pasta.... from what I understand (which considering my confusion isn't much) this would make a strong boy sway... correct? I know I have to pay for a custom plan, but I was wondering if maybe you all could direct me somewhere that will make it all make sense to me, maybe some suitable vegetarian recipes, and maybe some tips on making as strong a sway as humanly possible in 1 months or so's time??

Here is what I know about me that may or may not help....

PH:
    I am waiting on my full range PH tests but I did buy a small pack of small range PH test strips while I wait and it appears that my PH is already acidic... I'll post a pic so you can tell me what you think... my actual test strips are due to arrive any day now and I can retest with those to get an exact number.

Pic: Sorry it is dark, the light kept glaring on the reference so I had to put it in shadow in order to be seen. The unused test is a yellow-ish orange, the lowest reference (6.2) is a solid orange and my test got much lighter than it started out as and turned a bright spongebob yellow. Does that mean I am more acidic than it tests for? Or is it invalid if it does that? I have tested 3 times... each time being the same result! I wish my actual test strips would show up I am dying to know my PH DH's should fall within the range of the test I have...I hope.. so I am planning to test his too, prob tonight. I'll update this post with a pic once I do... he will be doing the diet as well so you may want that info too.

Attachment 24344

Supplements & meds: (keep in mind I take high doses of vits due to medical issues, required will be bold)
    2 multivitamins (serving size=1 pill, but I take 2)
    800 mcg folic acid (for now. I have an Rx for 4 mg... not mcg)
    2500 mcg sublingual B12
    1000 mg Biotin
    Super B-complex
    3000 IU Vitamin D
    2400 mg calcium
    250 mg Magnesium
    65 mg Iron
    320 mg Saw Palmetto
    2 Acidophilis caps per day
    12500 mg Cranberry
    Prilosec ? mg
    Claritin ? mg

Cycle: FAMDiva83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com is the link to my current chart to give you an idea(I have lost a great of weight so these values reflect the AVERAGE over the last year only, though I have been charting on and off for 8 years.)
    Length: 30-33 days
    LP: 11-12 days
    O day: CD 19-22
    Coverline: Typically around 97.5 (vag temps)
    CM pattern: EWCM shows early, sometimes a week or so before O, often and is abundant.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by twointow83; March 19th, 2015 at 08:50 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you need to take those vitamins?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have severe IBS and other medical issues that cause me to not absorb a lot of the nutrients in the food I eat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drop the pH stuff, it doesn't sway (and you can't even really change your pH with your diet anyway, sperm will only live in a certain pH level so don't mess with it!). LE diet and exercise will give you best results.

The TTC a girl library is here:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-library.html

GL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I help everyone regardless of their ability to pay, with or without a custom plan. Always have, always will, unless they cart me off to the looney bin at some point muttering about Dr. Shettles under my breath.

The differences between this site and IG are here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...sh-anyway.html

Swaying with PCOS including some diet suggestions are here. My advice is for you to do atomic fertility diet with the white rice instead of whole grains because IBS people tend to do better with that. Also advise gluten free which we've seen a lot of success iwth. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

THe anti-pH essay is here. Please try not to put too much importance on pH, it hasn't worked for us and now most of us aren't even using it. I got my 4th boy back on IG with a pH of 4.5. To answer your question, for IG style swaying you are meant to have much lower pH more like 4.5. This doesn't show up on that type of test strip as they do not go down far enough. The pH Pickle

When it comes to nutrients and health, HEALTH TRUMPS SWAYING. Anyone who ever tells you to give up supplements that you legitimately need for health is not your friend and should not be listened to. We have people on here taking them who don't need them, and my advice is directed at them, not YOU. You should continue taking what is necessary. I would have you wean off the nutrients you do not need for your health as they either sway strongly blue or are downright dangerous (the cranberry) The acidophilus, unless you need that for your digestion MUST GO. That is the only thing that has ever gotten worse than 50-50 for us and we now use only for blue sways. I have strong concerns for you taking magnesium as it can be quite a strong laxative and I am concerned it may negatively impace your ability to absorb your nutrients. IF you're only taking that for swaying, please wean off, it doesn't work anyway.

I also stronlgy advise you fill your scrip for the higher dose folic (4mg is fine for you) and take it. I had to take that much during my pregnancies after having a baby with an NTD and many people have taken it. Doesn't matter if it sways pink, blue or plaid, if you need it it is the only thing actually proven to prevent birth defects when taken prior to conception.

RE saw palmetto, have you cleared that with your doctor? I would not have you taking that without dr. recommendation. OUr results have been middling with it anyway.

Prilosec and Claritin would only help a pink sway

Do not take any fiber that is mentioned on this site, will not be appropriate for you
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes djmommy, twointow83, Dreamofpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! That was a lot to read... I think my eyeballs may fall out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I help everyone regardless of their ability to pay, with or without a custom plan. Always have, always will, unless they cart me off to the looney bin at some point muttering about Dr. Shettles under my breath.

If that is the case (thank you!!!!) can you help me figure something out? I don't know which is best for DH.. FR or abstain. He is 31 and, when tested about 5 years ago, had excellent sperm count and motility... but that was 5 years ago. I honestly don't know what to recommend for him. I know which he'd prefer, lol, but I don't know which will do better sway-wise

Swaying with PCOS including some diet suggestions are here. My advice is for you to do atomic fertility diet with the white rice instead of whole grains because IBS people tend to do better with that. Also advise gluten free which we've seen a lot of success iwth. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

Thanks! Maybe I missed it... my eyes began to cross there for a bit, so I had to take a break ... but I don't recall a mention of any type of meat or dairy on the diet posted on the link.. does this mean they are a no-no?

THe anti-pH essay is here. Please try not to put too much importance on pH, it hasn't worked for us and now most of us aren't even using it. I got my 4th boy back on IG with a pH of 4.5. To answer your question, for IG style swaying you are meant to have much lower pH more like 4.5. This doesn't show up on that type of test strip as they do not go down far enough. The pH Pickle
    If PH is not AS big of a deal as IG says, is climax ok for girl sway? I may have already read the answer but I am cramming to much in my noggin for my brain to keep up with, lol.

When it comes to nutrients and health, HEALTH TRUMPS SWAYING. Anyone who ever tells you to give up supplements that you legitimately need for health is not your friend and should not be listened to. We have people on here taking them who don't need them, and my advice is directed at them, not YOU. You should continue taking what is necessary. I would have you wean off the nutrients you do not need for your health as they either sway strongly blue or are downright dangerous (the cranberry) The acidophilus, unless you need that for your digestion MUST GO. That is the only thing that has ever gotten worse than 50-50 for us and we now use only for blue sways. I have strong concerns for you taking magnesium as it can be quite a strong laxative and I am concerned it may negatively impace your ability to absorb your nutrients. IF you're only taking that for swaying, please wean off, it doesn't work anyway.

All the ones you recommended I stop I am only taking because IG recommended them... the only one that might be an issue stopping is the acidophilis... not because I am not willing to but because the bottle is empty and I don't know which pill it is in my pill box as I set up a months supply in advance for easy access.. I'll try to figure it out

I also stronlgy advise you fill your scrip for the higher dose folic (4mg is fine for you) and take it. I had to take that much during my pregnancies after having a baby with an NTD and many people have taken it. Doesn't matter if it sways pink, blue or plaid, if you need it it is the only thing actually proven to prevent birth defects when taken prior to conception.
    I too had a child with a ONTD (Anencephaly) thus the folic acid is a must for me, and this is why I take so much when TTC, and why I ALWAYS take a minimum of 800 mcg even when not TTC because my doc won't give me the script if not TTC and I want to try to cover my bases in case of a surprise pregnancy.

RE saw palmetto, have you cleared that with your doctor? I would not have you taking that without dr. recommendation. OUr results have been middling with it anyway. Honestly, nope. I took it years ago though when my cycles were at there worst. Don't care to stop taking it though.

Prilosec and Claritin would only help a pink sway WooHoo What about anesthesia? I am going to be having a minor surgery before next cycle. I'll be getting a nerve block and sedated via "twilight". Will that sway any particular direction? Pain killers? More than likely it will be ultram as I have issues with most stronger pain killers (allergies, etc.). If not ultram it will likely be 800 mg motrin.

Do not take any fiber that is mentioned on this site, will not be appropriate for you
    Last edited by twointow83; March 20th, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are having surgery tell your doctor about the saw palmetto, and stop taking it NOW if your procedure is 2 weeks or less in the future!!! Saw palmetto slows down clotting, which increases the risk of internal hemorrhage for even minor procedures.

If you and your doctor decide ibuprofen is better for you this time than Ultram taper the saw palmetto back on VERY SLOWLY if at all as ibuprofen can increase bleeding as well.

And if you need ibuprofen post-op please DO NOT start baby aspirin even though some threads here suggest it for pink sways, as even very small doses of aspirin and ibuprofen taken together increase bleeding in a greater than additive manner.

Sorry, off my medical soapbox! Welcome by the way, and best of luck on your upcoming cycle!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They already know about everything I take. I stopped taking the saw palmetto 2 days ago Surgery is the end of next week but I just found out about it 2 days ago. Also, I don't and won't be taking baby asprin. I avoid NSAIDs when possible due to ulcer risk, but my doc said I can take it for pain relief, short term but only if I take prilosec with it (I take it anyway because of GERD) and there is no other acceptable options. Ultram is my medium pain go-to... more than tylenol is needed but not anything stronger. The motrin 800 is the big gun and only used after things like surgery, or when I tore a ligament and broke a bone in my foot.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha yes just imagine what it took to write.

I always have guys do abstain up to 35. IT's not because it's a better sway, it's because it is less complicated and less room for error. But neither get good results and I"ve moved away from the frequency stuff.

Yes, you missed something in the PCOS diets because meat and dairy are allowed.

Probably more than you ever wanted to know about female O and swaying here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

Agree with what the other poster said about SP and surgery, that is a no-no. Results with SP have actually been LOWER than the overall results of the site - it is of course at your discretion. Still better than 50-50
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post