Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy/girl twins any idea whats going on?

any theories on whats going on when boy/girl twins are concieved? The envioronment would be the same right?
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking about that the other day, if your body tends to sway more pink or more blue at the time of conception determining if you will conceive a girl this time or boy and then the b/g twins throw that off so my guess is there is a nuetral ground?
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shettles claimed that boy-girl twins supported his theory because of timing. Then again he also claimed that BB twins and GG twins also supported his theory. Actually it could be true, depending on the timing of the eggs being released, I suppose.

I think boy-girl twins totally fly in the face of the FGD, the pH theory, and the ion theories, and I had forgot to put that in my Calcium Conundrum essay so thank you for asking and reminding me!!!

My theory is that sperm numbers at the egg sway gender somehow, and diet/lifestyle weeds out or increases the numbers of sperm that make it to the egg by altering sperm count/motility and making the woman's environment more friendly or more hostile to sperm. So BG twins are caused when one of the eggs, just from sheer luck, has only a few sperm attempting to fertilize it (and the X in that scenario tends to win the race) while the other egg, again, just from sheer luck, has a lot of sperm available to fertilize it (and the Y in that scenario tends to win the race.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B-G twins are less common than you'd expect, though - BB and GG twins are more common than probability would suggest they are. I saw the statistics somewhere else, so it suggests that environment is a factor really... and we all know that it's always possible to have an opposite no matter how good the sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I def. believe that environment is a factor and diet is HUGE, but if the idea is that the egg is somehow "primed" to receive a sperm of a particular electrical charge or sperm only "like" certain pH or mineral content in the CM, then I don't see how BG twins could be possible. Because all the eggs would have developed in the same ovaries under the same diet, and all the sperm had to pass through the same environment to reach the egg.

I do think my theory explains the twinning factor...less sperm all together would mean less sperm available to fertilize both eggs = GG; more sperm all together would mean more sperm available to fertilize both eggs = BB; and then BG twins would happen in EITHER situation, when sheer dumb luck happened to lead to a big cloud of sperm at one egg while the other only got a few, then BG.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, are the eggs released at the same time with fraternal twins? I would imagine if one is released a few minutes before the other, your idea of one egg getting "more" sperm makes so much sense... the egg sends out little signals to attract the sperm to it, and all the sperm would head in one direction and then pop, another comes out, but most of the sperm are already busy so there you have 2 eggs with different conditions in terms of sperm. Maybe B/G twins are caused by a greater time lapse between the two eggs being ovulated and B/B G/G are a closer gap in time?
    and my HT

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So 2 eggs pop out of the same ovary? Is there a chance that one can pop out of each ovary? And the majority of the sperm decided to take a right and then a few took a left?
    Last edited by XXdreaming; July 31st, 2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: misspelled
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda View Post
    So 2 eggs pop out of the same ovary? Is there a chance that one can pop out of each ovary? And the majority of the sperm decided to take a right and then a few took a left?
    Yeah I don't know- thought of this too- would work the same way right? maybe B/B and G/G are same ovary, B/G are different ones? Don't have a clue about how double ovulation works.
    and my HT

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK- yes, you can ovulate from each ovary within a 24 hour period. So shettles probably thought a girl would be conceived first and then a boy, but from what atomic was saying it would really be the boy first and any leftover straggler sperm would go for the second egg and that would be the girl.
    and my HT

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda View Post
    normally when someone ovulates twice it's one egg from each ovary.

"The great sperm race" documentary (definitely recommend watching it) suggested that the sperm are more drawn towards the ovary where the egg is, but I've read other articles online that say that they think 50% of the sperm go to each ovary. Perhaps that depends on when intercourse takes place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast