Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When is one attempt too late?

Just wondering with the one attempt at positive opk when does it become too late that if you didnt want to sway blue you shouldnt dtd?
    For example if i got a positive opk at 4pm sunday and i couldnt dtd, is it best that we dtd the day before on saturday or is waiting til Monday morning ok?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway. You can have intercourse smack dab on ovulation and you are 50-50 to get a girl. It doesn't work and when scientists using modern technology to actually pinpoint ovulation accurately (instead of having people simply BD on a certain cycle day or using self-reported data without verifying it with blood tests or ultrasounds) they have proved that about 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every fertile day without exception.

To answer your question, you're not going to be able to BD on Saturday anyway unless you have the ability to predict the future since you can't know the day you'll get the OPK!! But honestly, either is ok - you can conceive with an attempt the day before or the day after the day of positive OPK. There is NO swaying magic to having sex the day of a positive oPK, it is just an easy way to have that one attempt at a day of the fertile window that is a good chance of conceiving with one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Studies have shown that the amount of time you DTD before ovulation does not affect gender ratios at all. It was Dr Shettle's theory that having sex a few days before ovulation would sway girl, and having sex right around ovulation would sway boy, but it's been disproven.

Just don't have your one attempt so much before ovulation that the sperm die in you, or so far after ovulation that the egg can't become fertilized. If you can pinpoint exactly when you ovulate, then I recommend having sex 6 -12 hours before ovulation. If you can't pinpoint it (most people can't) then I recommend aiming for 1 - 2 days before so that you don't miss it.

Edited to add that my timing recommendations aren't for swaying, just for maximizing conception.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just sticking my two cents in but I dtd the day after my first positive opk and got pregnant with twins and with my current youngest I dtd the night of my first positive opk so in my opinion its the best way to get one attempt in with a good chance of conception. Good luck.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the comments guys
    Looking back when i concieved in Sept i only dtd on the positive opk day and got preg but sadly miscarried at 10.5 weeks. At that time i didnt know about 1 attempt swaying ��
    The reason i asked about dtd a day before expected positive opk was because last month i got a darker line but not positive and then the day after got positive. I know each month can be different but what wih hubby working nights if i were to get a darkish line before a positive line i can work out if we have a chance to dtd the following day or not depending on his work shift ��

Is the one attempt to sway girl working alongside with diet strongly at the moment?
    Last edited by Parying4agirl; March 11th, 2018 at 04:48 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    Just sticking my two cents in but I dtd the day after my first positive opk and got pregnant with twins and with my current youngest I dtd the night of my first positive opk so in my opinion its the best way to get one attempt in with a good chance of conception. Good luck.

Were u swaying with your current youngest?

7. Likes Clothespin liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I was, ended up with the most adorable little boy, but I think my sway failed because I was obsessing about everything to do with my sway, it seriously backfired on me, not that I would swap my boy for 10 girls he is the most gorgeous little thing. I was a lot more chilled and relaxed this time so hoping I've produced one girl at least lol. Also threw exercise in to the mix this time. Good luck.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Parying4agirl View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys
    Looking back when i concieved in Sept i only dtd on the positive opk day and got preg but sadly miscarried at 10.5 weeks. At that time i didnt know about 1 attempt swaying ��
    The reason i asked about dtd a day before expected positive opk was because last month i got a darker line but not positive and then the day after got positive. I know each month can be different but what wih hubby working nights if i were to get a darkish line before a positive line i can work out if we have a chance to dtd the following day or not depending on his work shift ��

Is the one attempt to sway girl working alongside with diet strongly at the moment?
    It's better to be in with an attempt too early (like before positive OPK, even) than too late. You can get pregnant from an earlier-than-ideal attempt, but an attempt that misses the egg, you've missed the month. So in that case, yes, it's better to have attempt with a dark OPK if you are sure the positive will be the next day, than wait 2 days and risk missing the egg all together. OR you can have attempt the morning after a positive OPK. That is ok too. Either way, whichever will work better for you.

We know one attempt sways based on not what's happening right now (as one attempt has gotten more popular, people start doing it even without otherwise good sways, and results drop - this has happened with all the sway tactics) but because of what happened in the past. We were doing a lot of sway tactics and adding attempts to get pregnant, and we found that the people who had three attempts had the most boys even with very strict sways otherwise. The people who were having success with swaying during that time were doing one attempt even when they were not doing a lot of other things to sway. Then we began to emphasize one attempt and our results went up by over 10% and have stayed up ever since, and that was really the only thing we changed during that time. One attempt is working and I strongly recommend you guys stick with it at least at first.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh i get what u mean though. Obsession sure does take over, i seem to be looking at every tiny detail yet theres millions of people who have pink without doing or changing anyhing! I do tell myself to relax over the details beyond my control but that only last for a few hrs max 😂
    I was sure my previous boy was a girl (dont find out sex during preg) but when he was born, i couldnt imagine not having him ever! Such a blessing.
    This was all before i knew about GD
    Hoping u have twins girls- thatd be amazing! But at least one would still be great 😁 fingers xd for you.
    Id love to have twins but need to focus on pink sway ... is there a twin sway out there 😂😂😂😂

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swaying pink seems to make more twins for reasons we can only guess at, we were just talking about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-le-diet.html

It's normal to get anxious and think about swaying a lot. The solution is not to try to force yourself to think or not think about something, the solution is just to do a very simple, easy sway and then get busy doing other things. Trying to make yourself relax does NOT work, you just end up in a tizzy stressing about relaxation!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast