Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, thanks for your note.

It seems the usual protocal in such cases is for the doc to prescribe clomid to stimulate egg production on the good side. I'm weary of taking clomid as I prefer a singleton. Thoughts? Also, have you seen a lot of multiples with clomid? And moreover, have you seen success with clomid?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hanseer, I am actually TTC #3. I had a saline u/s (sort of like an HSG) before conceiving #2 so I honestly don't know when my tube blockage happened. I had an HSG about 4 months ago and it showed both tubes blocked but they were able to open one side. Still TTC. My hormone levels are not great at the moment and I just turned 39 so I have a few things stacked against me. I did clomid for 2 cycles and honestly, for me, it messed things up. Last cycle seemed like everything was sort of back to normal. If you are over 35, femera is probably better. Thankfully this forum has a ton of support here!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    I did clomid for 2 cycles and honestly, for me, it messed things up.
    This is another thing I'm afraid of. So it sounds like you were able to conceive #2 with one blocked tube? How long did it take you?

Also, why is femara better if you're over 35?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hanseer View Post
    This is another thing I'm afraid of. So it sounds like you were able to conceive #2 with one blocked tube? How long did it take you?

No my tubes were both clear when I conceived #2. I just found out that I have a blocked tube. As far as Femera, I just think it has less side effects. I don't know a whole lot about it so maybe someone else will chime in. I also know a lot of ladies who have conceived with only one tube.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dj, just a thought, maybe the tube that unblocked reclosed again? I've heard of that happening. I didn't know you ever had both tubes blocked.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    dj, just a thought, maybe the tube that unblocked reclosed again? I've heard of that happening. I didn't know you ever had both tubes blocked.
    I have no clue! That is why I so desperately want the HSG done. The last one showed both were blocked. It really came out of nowhere so quickly! I am calling first thing in the am to get an appt

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm SO angry about you being denied one based on your FSH. Grrr. Drs can be SUCH dumbasses! I really hope you can get one scheduled soon.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, we've had some twins on Clomid, if it is possible I would say have ultrasound monitoring and only TTC in a month you have only one follice.

I have seen tons of success with Clomid both for conception and pink. I think Clomid is a wonder drug.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hanseer View Post

The way it works is generally better for women over 35 but really, it seems more like 38 and up, have seen several good results with the 35-37 age range

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    No my tubes were both clear when I conceived #2. I just found out that I have a blocked tube. As far as Femera, I just think it has less side effects. I don't know a whole lot about it so maybe someone else will chime in. I also know a lot of ladies who have conceived with only one tube.
    It affects the estrogen differently so it doesn't affect your FSH, lining, and EWCM as negatviely as Clomid and is better for egg quality in moms 35+ (mainly 38+) and also geting pg sooner

13. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Likes djmommy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12